Wedding Party

Pregnant not Moh anymore dilemma

2»

Re: Pregnant not Moh anymore dilemma

• Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I definitely agree with clarifying with your SIL whether she really said these things that your MIL is claiming. (And your MIL is a piece of work, to put it kindly.)

If your SIL really is kicking you out of the MOH position because your water might break during her wedding, then that's a friendship-ending move for sure. I'd not only sell the dress (preferably back to your SIL, but to anyone who will buy it for a reasonable price) but I agree with the PP that your H needs to have your back, especially since you're about to give birth to his child.
  • pammy13 said:
    Hi there , just looking for some advice.
    My husband and I were asked to be best man and MOH in brother in laws wedding. Wedding is Sept 30, 2017.
    We lost our baby at 5months gestation in October and we fell pregnant end of December making my due date Oct 5,2017.
    Now the bride insisted on me buying my dress really early so she wouldn't have to worry about it but I was trying to hold off ordering until we got our results if the baby was going to be ok or not . (Genetics ). 
    But she bugged Me enough I bought it. 
    Anyway, we told them we were expecting and how I'd be having a c section in Sept  and we will do everything in our power to be at the wedding etc. We were excited and had already helped plan a lot since no.one else was helping her . They were happy and fine with it and wanted us there.
    So..now..I stopped at my MIL for something unrelated amd she proceeded to tell me that they've discussed it over the weekend and the bride  my SIL is replacing me. She doesn't want to have to stress the day of the wedding if I'll be there or not and if my water breaks at her wedding etc etc etc.
    My MIL agrees with her and tried to say I'd feel the same but maybe I'm different but I'd never replace someone unless they wanted to be and if they were part of everything and couldn't be there that day then whatever it's my wedding . I feel hurt that she didn't tell me and I know she's waiting till we are all not working that day to talk to me but I already know amd I feel that I've done so much for them wedding , baby shower , baptism etc that I don't want to help anymore and that she didn't care that much for having me in her wedding.  I'm not sure what to say or do. I don't feel like talking to her about tge matter now that I know and I'm stuck with a bridesmaid dress Lol.
    Thanks for reading:) 

Yet, your H was not "replaced"?  Assuming your SIL really said this (I hope not).  It is bad enough your MIL said this.

But do they for ONE SECOND think that, if you're not at the wedding because you just gave/are giving birth, that your H would be at the wedding either?

OP, like the other PPs, I hope you have a wonderful, safe, healthy, and happy pregnancy.

If you and your H were in my and my H's WP, my reaction would be nothing but "AWESOME!!!", if neither one of you made it to the wedding because a new baby had been born.

Wedding Countdown Ticker