Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for after wedding celebration invitation

So this might be a bit confusing to explain but here goes.

I've said this before but just for clarity - We are having our wedding in Paris where we live and then having a 'smart casual' lunch in Australia to celebrate our wedding. It's not a second wedding. So We've decided to have a second card in our invitation suite (is that what it's called?) with the info on it.
But I'm not sure about wording for it I have so far (what is on each line is based on the design of the suite so I can't really change that. 

Please join us for 
Lunch
Saturday 
11 . 11 . 2017 
The Bridgewater Mill 
address

I'm worried that the 'Please join us' isn't clear that is a celebration but not a wedding. 

Any ideas are welcome.

Re: Wording for after wedding celebration invitation

• How much time will pass between your wedding and the celebration in Australia?  If possible, the invitations should be sent out separately.  Is it possible that a relative who will attend your wedding could carry them to Australia and post them there so you could save overseas postage?

Formal wording might be this:

The pleasure of your company is requested
    to celebrate the recent marriage of
    Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    Saturday, the eleventh of November
    at half after twelve o'clock
    The Smith's Residence
    123 Main Street
    City, State

I like @southernbelle0915 's informal wording very much, but I would include your names in the wording.  This makes it more clear.

We're married!

Please join Jane and John
    for lunch and celebration!
    Saturday, November 11th  12:30pm
    So and So's House
    123 Main Street
    City, State

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Hey - I get what you're saying but postage to Australia is already expensive so I don't want to send two invites. It's also no separate guest list. To avoid any guests thinking they've been left out of anything everyone is invited to both events. 

And the lines available on the 'invite' are unable to change because of the design so I can't add a line or put 'lunch' on the same line as the introductory phrase. The design does have a kind of stamp thing that will say 'just married' so it's along the lines of your first suggestion.

What I need help with is mostly that phrase. What can we say to invite them and let them know that there will be a celebration.
    Is 

'Please join us for
    Lunch' 

OK?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017
    Please join the newlyweds
    for lunch
    Saturday 
    11 . 11 . 2017 
    The Bridgewater Mill 
    address

Speaking as a Yank, the numerical date would confuse me.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    for lunch
    Saturday 
    11 . 11 . 2017 
    The Bridgewater Mill 
    address

11.11.2017 is confusing???
  • kaos16 said:
    CMGragain said:
    for lunch
    Saturday 
    11 . 11 . 2017 
    The Bridgewater Mill 
    address

11.11.2017 is confusing???
    If it's actually on November 11, not a problem. I thought that was just an example. 

If it's really on September 8, then yes it is very confusing. Because Americans write that date as 9/8/17 and Australians (and most of the rest of the world) write it as 8/9/17. Not a problem if you're only inviting Aussies though. 

That makes sense.  I assumed 11/11 was the actual date and that's one of the only times it wouldn't be confusing.. . . . which caused my confusion with PPs statement!