Moms and Maids
Options

MOH vs. Dresses

13»

Re: MOH vs. Dresses

• Options
    I've been following this thread and maybe someone can give some insight so I can better understand OP's bm dress issue ...

I have anxiety but I've never had anything affect me colour related so I'm just having a hard time grasping what is happening with the dress colour.
    I get what PPs have said about feeling self conscious about showing arms, etc but OP said the bm said about the colour.

Could someone explain to me this situation? I've personally never heard of it, and it's really giving me a hard time understand the issue at hand.

SITB

I don't have anxiety. I absolutely DESPISE orange and green. So much so that when I see them, I get a physical reaction, almost like someone has punched me in the stomach. Some shades are worse than others. I have not bought magazines and a bike because of these two colour together on them. Would I be able to wearing them for a friend's wedding? Not sure - but I would talk to her. Also, my close friends already know this. 

Someone mentioned about green flowers etc. To me (can't speak for anyone else), it's not the same. Those are natural, supppsed to be those colours and there's no choice. I'm also allergic to nature (if it grows - I can't breathe), so I don't like trees etc. No idea if this is where the aversion comes from. 

I know I really didn't explain WHY. I don't know why. But, this is my experience. 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017
    YogaSandy said: I don't have anxiety. I absolutely DESPISE orange and green. So much so that when I see them, I get a physical reaction, almost like someone has punched me in the stomach. Some shades are worse than others. I have not bought magazines and a bike because of these two colour together on them. Would I be able to wearing them for a friend's wedding? Not sure - but I would talk to her. Also, my close friends already know this. 

Someone mentioned about green flowers etc. To me (can't speak for anyone else), it's not the same. Those are natural, supppsed to be those colours and there's no choice. I'm also allergic to nature (if it grows - I can't breathe), so I don't like trees etc. No idea if this is where the aversion comes from. 

I know I really didn't explain WHY. I don't know why. But, this is my experience.
    ----------------------------------------------

Have you tried therapy?  This sounds like it might be impacting your lifestyle.  There are medications that might be of help.  I think you might feel better if you address this issue with professional help.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    It is the MOH's duty to show up at your wedding, wearing the dress you have chosen.  If she doesn't want to do this, then it is up to her to either buy the dress and wear it, or to resign as MOH.  Her choice, not yours.  When SHE is the bride, it will be her turn to choose colors.  I hope she gets payback when the time comes!

Personally, if my dearest friend asked me to wear a clown suit and stand next to her at her wedding, I would try to talk her out of it, but I would ultimately do as she wished.
    Image result for image clown female
    Shoot - I'd wear the Clown outfit - AND I'd bring my prop bag that's full of Clown Balloons and show that Bride how to work the clown dress!  AND I'd have a chance to wear it again because I'm insured for it so why not turn it into a side gig LOL