Wedding Woes

Friday

There's no school today and I have zero effs to give to plan something.  If it clears up they're doing some craft outside while I work then we're taking a picnic to a playground.  If it doesn't clear up we're getting a picnic to bring home and playing games all afternoon.

First soccer game of the season tomorrow.  DH is taking M2 to the Crew game.  Sunday we're going to FIL's.  He bought M2 a pony (well a small horse.  apparently real ponies are really expensive).  I'm wondering how he's going to get that inside and Easter egg.

In random news...when we lived in a town of 16,000 people we NEVER NEVER saw anyone we knew.  One time in 12 years I ran into my friend at Walmart.  We live in a city suburb and see people EVERYWHERE.  Last night DH was running in a park in a different suburb.  This morning I got a fb message "Does your husband ever run at X park? If not he has a twin out there."  It was totally DH. 

Re: Friday

• edited April 2017
    Counting down the hours to the end of the week. Two classes, an hour long research meeting, a meeting with a student who is way behind on work, then I'm free! 

H is leaving to fish all weekend, and I'm a little bummed I'm home alone on the holiday weekend. Probably meeting my friend out to watch some hockey, then a quiet weekend all to myself. 

ETA: Any suggestions on binge watching for the weekend? I know 13 reasons, but not sure I can do that one home alone. 
  • I'm playing hooky a half day.  DH is of work and just went to the gym.  We're going on a day date and shopping for DefConn's party. 

Tomorrow is DefConn's party.  On Sunday we're going to my parent's for brunch and then I'm not sure. 
  • I don't have much motivation at work.  Pride is running full tilt and I just want to work on that stuff b/c it's fun and it's needed right now.  Also, I'm just waiting for a 9:00 am meeting.  It's hard to do anything this first hour when i'm waiting for that.

Honestly, SSDD.  Work is work, then I go home and chill for a bit.  K has a show tonight.  Tomorrow I have a Pride meeting in the evening and a load of Pride stuff to do in the am.  Sunday is K and my date day.
  • Today I have quite a few meetings, plus interviews for summer internship candidates, so I got into the office at 7 to get a jump start. The office is closing at 2 for the long holiday weekend (Monday is Patriot's Day here in MA), so I will be able to have a nice afternoon at home getting things done that I might not be able to with two Easter celebrations this weekend. We are going to my parents' house tomorrow and then H's parents' house on Sunday. 
  • Today I am organizing "my room" aka the second bedroom aka my sewing/ yoga/ closet/ craft room while day drinking and listening to True Crime Garage. This is the sort of thing I can only do while DH is out of town. 

I saw this super cool acrylic entry table with a Moroccan tile design the other day and I think I am going to go back to get it. Eventually.

@6fsn you are lucky it is not a pony, those little things are the devil, lol. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @missJeanLouise - the horse will NOT be at our house so I don't care.  FIL had to put in a fence for it, but didn't like what they were going to charge to dig the posts.  So he bought a tractor.  "the kids can play too!" 
  • Apparently no one else got the memo that last night was the new bar night because it was dead.  But the new restaurant was fantastic!  And we had all the whiskey.

We're closed today but after spending 2 days at another reps customer, I have a ton to play catch up on.  I'm working for the catering company at 2 and then I have the house to myself.  @charlotte989875 Hubs and his friend are catching the double Walleye-Mudhens games tonight.

@atomicblonde I felt the same way, the thread makes me want to see it more than the adverts!

I'm hoping it doesn't storm too much tomorrow.  It's going to be almost 80 and would be fun to day drink with H.  We shall see.  Sunday is Easter at MILs.  She invited my parents too which was really nice except this apparently happened last night.  

MIL:  We should all go for a walk in the park 
    H:  MittenMom is blind and they don't have sidewalks
    MIL:  She can use my walking stick
    H:  She's not cane trained
    MIL:  Well, what does that matter, neither am I
    H:  You're not blind!!

• 6fsn said:

@missJeanLouise - the horse will NOT be at our house so I don't care.  FIL had to put in a fence for it, but didn't like what they were going to charge to dig the posts.  So he bought a tractor.  "the kids can play too!" 

Awww your FIL sounds like a peach. I figured it wouldn't live with you but ponies are notorious for being assholes to children; bucking, charging, stopping suddenly. They generally need several hours of being ridden by someone experienced to every hour of being ridden by a child; even then, assholes, lol. 
  • I got my tax return, so I scheduled a facial and massage today. It's not what I really should be doing with the money, but I think it's literally been over a year since I had a facial, and I already have credits at the massage place, so I said fuck it and I scheduled a me day. 

Otherwise...I'm cleaning house, packing for our mini vacation this weekend, and at some point today I have to brush kittens teeth. I want to declutter the house today but I don't think that will happen. 

• Apparently no one else got the memo that last night was the new bar night because it was dead.  But the new restaurant was fantastic!  And we had all the whiskey.

We're closed today but after spending 2 days at another reps customer, I have a ton to play catch up on.  I'm working for the catering company at 2 and then I have the house to myself.  @charlotte989875 Hubs and his friend are catching the double Walleye-Mudhens games tonight.

@atomicblonde I felt the same way, the thread makes me want to see it more than the adverts!

I'm hoping it doesn't storm too much tomorrow.  It's going to be almost 80 and would be fun to day drink with H.  We shall see.  Sunday is Easter at MILs.  She invited my parents too which was really nice except this apparently happened last night.  

MIL:  We should all go for a walk in the park 
    H:  MittenMom is blind and they don't have sidewalks
    MIL:  She can use my walking stick
    H:  She's not cane trained
    MIL:  Well, what does that matter, neither am I
    H:  You're not blind!!

WTF mother in law. 
  • Our office closed at 1:00, but I stayed a little late to catch up on loose ends. I now have to pick up cat food and litter, stuff for Easter dinner at my Grandma's, and prescriptions. I also want to get chocolate eggs for Niece and Nephew.
  • We have Friday off in Alberta and I'm taking a vacation day on Monday. We just arrived in New Orleans. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Go for some walks, eat some good food and sleep.  I'm so tired. I just want to sleep. 
  • I had Thursday and Friday off. I was still feeling a bit crummy on Thursday so slept in for like half of the day and binge watched Netflix. Went out with DK and Wolverine on Thursday pm since I wasn't feeling up to driving myself earlier in the day and had wanted to get an Easter gift for DK. Had him drive us out to the outlets (like 15-20 minutes away). He was like, since we're here, you may as well pick out something for yourself too. (Lazy, but ok. :smiley: ) I needed a few bras, and picked up a really nice blazer for less than $30, so win.

Easter gift was a bag from Michael Kors, and a little turtle change purse from Kate Spade. I had DK pick out a new belt set and a wallet at the Coach mens' store. I got him a belt from there a couple of years ago - it's held up very well, but is starting to wear out. this came with 2 different buckles, so yay for choices. 

We went to a few playgrounds in the last 2 days and got DK some more fish for one of his tanks. (He's flipped his largest tank  - sold or traded off all of the adult fish, and just put 22 new fish in. 18 from his existing tanks and 4 that he got today.) He's trying to breed the 3 species in the largest tank, and then will probably flip it again after a bit.) 

Easter - going to be cooking dinner for the 3 of us. did the easter basket a little while ago and "hiding" some eggs for wolverine before we go to bed.

Also, Pens up 2-0 in their series, so YAY for playoff hockey.