Wedding Woes

Re: This guy is also the worst.

• Eff all of those people. But I don't understand how people get to the age of 30 without figuring this shit out. Same with people who drive fancy cars, wear expensive watches, throw money around and then act surprised when people are only interested in them for the money. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So weird.  It was strange the way the article included the current SO's of the recently converted subjects.  "I used to go for hot guys, now I'm with him."  Yikes.

The Post is a total rag its readers probably found this article insightful and thought-provoking  :|
  • I couldn't get all the way through that dreck.

• eileenrob said:

So weird.  It was strange the way the article included the current SO's of the recently converted subjects.  "I used to go for hot guys, now I'm with him."  Yikes.

The Post is a total rag its readers probably found this article insightful and thought-provoking  :|

Alexander Hamilton is probably rolling in his grave after seeing what it has turned in to. 
  • I couldn't get through that article without dry heaving. What a fucking douche. And ditto the comment about being "merely beautiful." That is so insulting. Who wants to take bets on whether or not their marriage will last? 

• ei34ei34 member

levioosa said:

I couldn't get through that article without dry heaving. What a fucking douche. And ditto the comment about being "merely beautiful." That is so insulting. Who wants to take bets on whether or not their marriage will last? 

Well his merely beautiful FI's career as a matchmaker could be effected, so I'd give it at least 2 years  :#
  • edited April 2017

eileenrob said:

levioosa said:

I couldn't get through that article without dry heaving. What a fucking douche. And ditto the comment about being "merely beautiful." That is so insulting. Who wants to take bets on whether or not their marriage will last? 

Well his merely beautiful FI's career as a matchmaker could be effected, so I'd give it at least 2 years  :#

I give it 4 years, and the last 2 will be out of sheer stubbornness/the desire to prove his point.

ETA: His poor wife must have terrible self-esteem to have let "merely beautiful" pass without comment.
  • I was distracted by the description, "Rochkind, now 40 and an Upper East Sider with a muscular build and a full head of hair" when his picture seems to indicate otherwise. I also would have described the "svelte, blue-eyed brunette" as blonde. There's nothing wrong with being brunette or not having a full head of hair, but why be inaccurate?
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
  • I finally read the entire article and saw that the women are as bad as the men! Especially the one who's now looking for a sugar daddy (I mean, "superballer"). 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited April 2017
    Ew. So superficial!   Not my type at all!  I personally like men with brains, integrity, and commitment.  Being bald with a little pot belly turns me on, too. ;)

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• CMGragain said:

Ew. So superficial!   Not my type at all!  I personally like men with brains, integrity, and commitment.  Being bald with a little pot belly turns me on, too. ;)

Exactly. Real beauty has very little to do with looks. I like brains, a sense of humor, empathy, compassion, and loyalty. Also someone who enjoys my noisy, close-knit family.
  • i didn't find the fist guy attractive, and he sounded like a dipshit - so yeah. he couldn't have had me either. of course he could get the "vapid" young wanna-be models - they were looking for a sugar daddy and were probably too stupid to know (or just didn't care) that the guy is an ass. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    Ugh.

So many things wrong with this article. The "I could get any woman I wanted" mentality- yuck! I wouldn't want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

And his FI is freaking hot! I'd be offended if I were her.

Compassion, loyalty, someone to laugh with, and commitment are wayyy hot!

I'm also so over 6 pack abs. I mean, fitness is important to me, and I appreciate a fine form, but the hoopla and desire for abs grinds my gears.

• he looks like he's trying to hold in a fart in that top picture