Wedding Party

"Bridesmaids are Modern Brides' Serfs"

Here's an article that voices what every special snowflake's friends are thinking.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/08/bridesmaids-are-modern-brides-serfs/#disqus_thread

Re: "Bridesmaids are Modern Brides' Serfs"

• Perfection.
  • ernursejernursej member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    I need to get me some maids! I've been doing this all by myself ... how could I be so clueless??? 

- I feel like this describes the wedding that I've been asked to be a bridesmaid in ... eeek!
  • Wow.... SO much truth in that article! And so funny! Definitely have seen all those elements of that stuff over the years. There's a photo of me when I was 25 wearing a "one last fling before the ring" pink tank top with a blinky-light-up ring. 

I've been a bridesmaid several times but luckily it was all spread out over the last dozen years. The two I was in last year, well, the brides were really cool about everything. I planned one local bachelorette, didn't have to plan the other, attended one shower each, and that was it. Non-matching dresses, no DIY madness. Whew, I have cool friends. 

• This sounds mean and bitter. I'd never ask this much of my bridesmaids, but if the author hates being a bridesmaid so much there is always the option to politely decline.
  • @KnotRiley the poster above has posted the same video on like 6 different threads; I'm thinking vendor/ad?