Wedding Party

BM

edited April 2017 in Wedding Party
I have read a lot of forums about how the gifts should be individual/not related to the wedding. The gifts aren't individualized, but they don't have to do with the wedding. 

Handmade jewelry dish, candle, eos chapstick, jewelry, vera bradley make up bag, vera bradley duffel bag, hand knit scarf (I recently started to knit), a bottle of perfume, and a hand made coffee mug w/ starbucks on the morning of the wedding. Oh and a hand painted champagne glass for bachelorette party. 

I know my bridesmaid will like/love these gifts, but I want to know if this is enough/real gifts.

Please let me know your opinions.

Best Answers

Answers

• I have read a lot of forums about how the gifts should be individual/not related to the wedding. The gifts aren't individualized, but they don't have to do with the wedding. 

Handmade jewelry dish, candle, eos chapstick, jewelry, vera bradley make up bag, vera bradley duffel bag, hand knit scarf (I recently started to knit), a bottle of perfume, and a hand made coffee mug w/ starbucks on the morning of the wedding. Oh and a hand painted champagne glass for bachelorette party. 

I know my bridesmaid will like/love these gifts, but I want to know if this is enough/real gifts.

Please let me know your opinions.

Gift giving should not be about quantity.  These gifts are meant to show you appreciate their friendship and support.  That is the reason why these forums speak to the importance of purchasing gifts that suit each girl individually to her tastes.  You have more than enough gifts.  To me, the most thoughtful gift is one that shows you really thought about ME.

I personally cannot think of one collective group in my "world" that would all universally like these gifts.  I personally do not care for the vibrant prints of VB, do not wear perfume, and have zero need for candles.  I would love the hand knit scarf. 

Any gift that is given thoughtfully is "real". 
  • You should really try and do individualized, single gifts. I'm sure you are talented but I wouldn't want handmade/hand painted glasses, mugs and jewelry dishes because they don't match the rest of my house. I really doubt all of your bridesmaids wear the same brand of perfume or the same style of jewlery. I don't like vb and I don't think starbucks the morning of the wedding really "counts" as a gift.

Think about all the time and money yours spending buying these things, wrapping them, even remembering to pack them the day before the wedding- one individualized gift will be more appreciated.

• I have 2 bridesmaids, and the gifts are "their style" 

Thanks for all of your help!

• I have 2 bridesmaids, and the gifts are "their style" 

Thanks for all of your help!

So why did you ask for advice then? This sounds like you just wanted a pat on the back for how awesome your gifts are.  PPs gave you good advice.  

• Yes they did give good advice. Clearly I was questioning the choices, which is why I asked the original question.