Wedding Woes
Options

Almost Friday!

2»

Re: Almost Friday!

• Options
    +1 to what @*Barbie* said, @atomicblonde. I was on topiramate daily and it was amazing. Only side effect I had was it made carbonated beverages taste awful. So I cut all soda out (really a healthy thing!) but it made beer taste awful. It only happens to a small percentage of people l, but that was a total bummer for me. I also got prescribed emergency meds for when a migraine came through anyway- they were lifesavers!! I would take one (prochlorperazine) for the nausea/vomiting (but aware it could make me drowsy so only when I was home) and one for the headache itself, and it worked every. Single. Time. It was a combo- butalbital/acetaminophen/caffeine. Exceeding had stopped working for me so the butalbital component was really the lifesaver. 

And yes, 99% of them are teratogenic so no TTC or you need to wean off to start TTCing (you can wean within 1-2weeks). 

And my  friends husbands get Botox for his migraines and he swears by it (every 3-4mo I think.)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @charlotte989875. Depression is something that gets pushed down in my field too. Recently there's been a push for more awareness, especially among med students. But taking any sort of leave is detrimental to career success and there's a stigma about "being able to handle the job" if you take stress leave.  It sucks. 

I have two job interviews on Monday that are supposed to last 5-7 hours long combined so I'll be spending the rest of the week preparing for that. I feel so unprepared. At least one will be a panel interview, uhhh. I'm definitely going to need a drink after Monday is done. 

Tonight I'm making chicken enchiladas and guacamole. I'm so excited, I actually got the good avocados from Sprouts. The ones in our local grocery store just don't cut it. The quality of the avocados makes the biggest difference. The house is still a mess but I told SO it was staying until Tuesday after my interviews. As long as the main rooms are semi clear that will be enough for me to focus. The bedrooms can wait. 

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017

@charlotte989875, I'm sorry to hear that happened to someone you respected so much.  I was not aware that mental health was especially a problem in academia.  I really agree with @kimmiinthemitten, it's frustrating that mental health is such a taboo subject in our society.

@atomicblonde, I hope you start feeling better and can get the right BC solution figured out.

@MissKittyDanger, I've been having a bad sleep week also!  I usually don't have trouble sleeping but, for the last three nights in a row, I can't seem to fall asleep even though I'm tired.  Are Comic Strippers basically hot guys who also do a comedy act?  If so, that sounds like an awesome combination.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, so today is my "Friday".  I'd even like to leave early today, but not so sure that's possible.  I've had a mild headache all day that Alleve is not helping.  Probably from all the lack of sleep I've had this week.  I really just need to crash and burn at home but, since I won't be here tomorrow, I have to get all my weekly reports sent out today.  Drag.

I'm proud to say I did my civic duty, earlier today.  My work is having a blood drive and I donated.  I have a rarer blood type (B-), so I always feel an even stronger obligation to give.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy  Same! Tired but can't sleep. I have no idea what to expect, it's a 19+ show, so there had better be something like nudity with a name like that.
    I shall report back next week with full review! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks, @*barbie* and @redwoodoriginal.  I only ever ask for the narcotics because DH nags if I don't.  He has migraines, too, although not as frequently (our future kids will be so screwed...).  It's just frustrating because when I tell my doctors I get migraines 2-3x/week, and even though they're not generally debilitating, I'm still miserable, they act like it's no big thing.  I mean, that sounds pretty "chronic" to me.  I had one doctor refuse to prescribe me anything, telling me to take Excedrin, completely ignoring my repeated explanations that Excedrin doesn't work.  "Excedrin always works for me."  Well, bully for you, Doc.

I have an appt with my GP in a few weeks, maybe I can ask for a referral to a neurologist.  Or something that works better.  We aren't TTC for at least another year, so no worries on that front.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @short+sassy your comment about the rarer blood type piqued my curiosity. I'm A- so mine is pretty rare as well. I never knew that.
  • Options

Thanks, @*barbie* and @redwoodoriginal.  I only ever ask for the narcotics because DH nags if I don't.  He has migraines, too, although not as frequently (our future kids will be so screwed...).  It's just frustrating because when I tell my doctors I get migraines 2-3x/week, and even though they're not generally debilitating, I'm still miserable, they act like it's no big thing.  I mean, that sounds pretty "chronic" to me.  I had one doctor refuse to prescribe me anything, telling me to take Excedrin, completely ignoring my repeated explanations that Excedrin doesn't work.  "Excedrin always works for me."  Well, bully for you, Doc.

I have an appt with my GP in a few weeks, maybe I can ask for a referral to a neurologist.  Or something that works better.  We aren't TTC for at least another year, so no worries on that front.

A doctor said that?!?!  Wow.  I know for me, over the counter pain relievers half the time do absolutely nothing (like today) and the other half of the time they'll help a little/medium amount.  And that's just for a regular headache or aches/pain.

@short+sassy your comment about the rarer blood type piqued my curiosity. I'm A- so mine is pretty rare as well. I never knew that.

Warning: never worked in the medical field, but I think I have this info right.  The "negatives", which I think means there is an Rh factor, are rarer blood types.  AB- is the rarest.  B- is the second rarest.  I'm assuming A- is the third rarest.

Only about 2% of the world's population has a B- blood type.  And, for me, what's even weirder is...of those people...less than 5% of them are Caucasian (I'm Caucasian).  I did the math once and about 1 in 750,000 people are Caucasian with a B- blood type.  So I'm not quite 1 in a million, but I'm close, lol.  I shared these stats with my sister and mom, both of whom are also B-, and joked that, "If it wasn't for the three of us, they might have to knock another few 10ths of a percent off that "Caucasian with B- blood type" stat."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Warning: never worked in the medical field, but I think I have this info right.  The "negatives", which I think means there is an Rh factor, are rarer blood types.  AB- is the rarest.  B- is the second rarest.  I'm assuming A- is the third rarest.

Only about 2% of the world's population has a B- blood type.  And, for me, what's even weirder is...of those people...less than 5% of them are Caucasian (I'm Caucasian).  I did the math once and about 1 in 750,000 people are Caucasian with a B- blood type.  So I'm not quite 1 in a million, but I'm close, lol.  I shared these stats with my sister and mom, both of whom are also B-, and joked that, "If it wasn't for the three of us, they might have to knock another few 10ths of a percent off that "Caucasian with B- blood type" stat."

The Rh factor is short for Rhesus factor and named after the Rhesus monkey. 85% of the population is Rh+. Because so many people have the Rh factor there are a group of people who believe that us Rh- people are descendants of Jesus Christ. People who are Rh- tend to have
    • Higher IQ
    • Blue, green or hazel eyes
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses
    Other theories are that Rh- people are descendants of aliens. Which leads into the theory that JC was, himself, an alien.
  • Options

The Rh factor is short for Rhesus factor and named after the Rhesus monkey. 85% of the population is Rh+. Because so many people have the Rh factor there are a group of people who believe that us Rh- people are descendants of Jesus Christ. People who are Rh- tend to have
    • Higher IQ
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses
    Other theories are that Rh- people are descendants of aliens. Which leads into the theory that JC was, himself, an alien.

I had no idea this information and idk what my blood type is, but I bolded what I have {italicized is what I've been told *shrug*}
    I should see what my blood type is!
  • Options

@misskittydanger, sad to hear about Monday, but sounds like a good day is planned!
    @charlotte989875, what horrible news.  Must be shocking! :( 
    @mrsconn23, was yummie cummie just bromalin? or something like that?  What's what we used back in the day....betcha it's cheaper to get bromalin then that too!

I'm so tired ya'll.  the coworkers I went out with to dinner stayed out till 11:00.  Went to bed at 11:45.  DH got home at 2:30 so I woke up around that time, and stayed up to talk to him.  So I lost an hour of sleep during the night too.

I keep looking for Aladdin tickets for this weekend, but I honestly don't want to pay $300 for them, which is the only seat I would want. I dunno, I'm more into "chicago" playing in Milwaukee next weekend instead of Aladdin - unless people on here have seen it and tell me I'm crazy?

We're going to Aladdin this weekend! I hope you can find tickets. DD and SIL plus her former roommate and his fiance are going with us too. I'm going up early so that we can have a girls' day tomorrow. H isn't going this time.
  • Options

• Higher IQ
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses

That is absolutely fascinating!  I've never heard any of that.  The only thing I know about an Rh factor is that a pregnant woman with one has to get a special shot after the pregnancy is over.

I'm gonna run with the bolded, just to mess with people.

Like any list, some of those describe me.  Some don't.  Though the "empathic qualities" is freaking me out a little.

I often get really strong impressions of how people are feeling or perceiving something...even if it doesn't necessarily jive with their words/actions.  When it doesn't jive, I can't help but wonder, "Is it me?  Am I just seeing things that aren't there?  Or is it true and my sub-conscious is extra attuned?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

• Higher IQ
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses

That is absolutely fascinating!  I've never heard any of that.  The only thing I know about an Rh factor is that a pregnant woman with one has to get a special shot after the pregnancy is over.

Like any list, some of those describe me.  Some don't.  Though the "empathic qualities" is freaking me out a little.

I often get really strong impressions of how people are feeling or perceiving something...even if it doesn't necessarily jive with their words/actions.  When it doesn't jive, I can't help but wonder, "Is it me?  Am I just seeing things that aren't there?  Or is it true and my sub-conscious is extra attuned?"

I'm O Negative and I have to get a shot both at 28 weeks and after I deliver. 

To the above, I have green eyes, above-average IQ, empathic qualities, unexplained phobias (sunflowers, for example), and highly-tuned senses. I'm (probably) not an alien. 
  • Options

• Higher IQ
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses

To the above, I have green eyes, above-average IQ, empathic qualities, unexplained phobias (sunflowers, for example), and highly-tuned senses. I'm probably an alien

FTFY ;)<3
  • Options

• Higher IQ
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses

To the above, I have green eyes, above-average IQ, empathic qualities, unexplained phobias (sunflowers, for example), and highly-tuned senses. I'm (probably) not an alien. 

For first births the Rh factor being negative normally isn't an issue and isn't that you have the factor, it is that you don't have it (hence the negative). In subsequent pregnancies, if the baby is Rh positive, the mom's body sees the baby who has the factor as foreign and tries to destroy it. There's your simplified biology lesson for the day.
  • Options

• Higher IQ
    • Reddish hair
    • Piercing eyes
    • Empathic qualities
    • Sensitivity to heat
    • Unexplained phobias
    • Highly tuned senses

Sorry!  I forgot about O Negative when I was listing out the Negative blood types.  I didn't realize there was a shot at 28 weeks also.

Fun, I'll list out mine also:

• Higher IQ
    • Blue eyes with a touch of green
    • My hair doesn't look red (shades of dark blond to medium brown), but it has a strong red base.  If I use any kind of dye without the word "Ash" in it, it doesn't matter what the color is supposed to be, it comes out red, lol.
    • Piercing Eyes -- I've never had someone call my eyes piercing exactly, but I have gotten compliments that they are deep.
    • Empathic qualities -- definitely.  I actually find it creepy.
    • Sensitivity to heat -- No on this.
    • Unexplained phobias -- Not exactly.  Though I do picture terrible things happening and expect them to happen, more often than I should.  I also sometimes, though not often, have to count or do the same small thing multiple times.
    • Highly tuned senses -- My hearing and taste are...I think more so than average.  My nose and skin are average for sensitivity.  My eyesight is horrible, lol.  Or if they mean senses, more along the lines of street smarts, that is probably about average.  Maybe a bit above.
    • Definitely an alien :).  That explains everything.  It's all so clear now, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SInce everyone else is doing it:
    • Higher IQ - I'm not sure what it is now but when I was tested in middle school it was like 2 points below genius
    • Blue, green or hazel eyes - all of the above depending on what I'm wearing
    • Reddish hair - only with a box of dye
    • Piercing eyes - I'm not sure on this one
    • Empathic qualities - Oh I've got some stories I could tell
    • Sensitivity to heat - yes and I live in Satan's armpit
    • Unexplained phobias - spiders...I used to play with them then one day I started having panic attacks because of them
    • Highly tuned senses - I don't think so
  • Options

O- too. I would guess the empathetic qualities is why complete strangers always feel the need to tell me their life stories with absolutely no prompting or interest on my part. My sense of smell is very acute. I can tell if you wash your clothes in Tide from 5' away. And if it can be sensitivity to cold I'm four for eight when you also throw in higher IQ. Maybe five for eight if my eyes are hazel instead of brown. :)

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Fuck all doctors who resist meds for migraines.

We did the IUD in part to try to avoid something triggering the migraine--and for 2+ years it didn't cause (or seem to cause) any migraines.  (don't know that it helped either, but, didn't get worse or better when I got it pulled).

(We haven't tried Depo again because if it triggers something, I"m stuck w/ it for 3 fucking months.  I"m having a migrainey week)

• Options
    @KnotRiley vendor alert