Wedding Woes

TGIF?

We're having lunch provided today, for meeting our Q4 goals.  (We're on an April-March fiscal, so this isn't as late as it sounds.)  That's good.  But three employees apparently "volunteered" to cook.  I don't want to complain about a positive thing, I just don't know how I feel about having this much food prepared by non-professionals.  It's a cookout (burgers, hot dogs), so I'm asking myself how hard could it be.  I'm assuming the sides are catered.  I'm sure it will all be fine, I'm just not in love with the idea, that's all. 

This weekend is nuts.  Tomorrow is riding, birthday party, (hopefully) swim, soccer, minor league baseball game, and then Wooz is at a sleepover.  Sunday is swim, soccer, and Wooz at the amusement park with one of her friends.  But it's supposed to rain Sunday, so I'm hoping that will put the kibosh on amusement park and soccer.  (Please?)  Does that make me a bad mom ?  Had to put off the landscape architect, because there was just no way.

My brother is in the UK now to do their notice of marriage.  Exciting!

What's new?  What are y'all up to this weekend?

Re: TGIF?

• @Heffalump, I'm OK with potluck if the people bringing dishes are better cooks than I am.  In most cases, they usually are :)  I want to grill!  Maybe that's what we'll do tonight?  Thanks for that idea!

DH and I were going to watch a friend of ours play tonight at a local bar, but now @Heffalump wants me to just grill at home and chill. 

Saturday we have tickets already for "Phoenix Forgotten".  Best thing about it is, I purchased tickets by description only. I haven't seen it ruined for me via movie trailer yet.   After that, we'll probably go to costco and chill Saturday night doing nada.  We're exciting people, we are.

• I'm in an utterly horrendous mood.   DH and I are barely on speaking terms and he just left town for the weekend to go to IL with his dad to visit his grandfather.  We'll work it out (and no one did anything super terrible, it's just how some stuff came about), but right now I'm too angry and hurt to see straight. 

So, this weekend.  Tonight, nothing.  The kiddo's going to a friend's house for her bday party, so DefConn and I will probably pick up dinner and watch TV all night.  Tomorrow, I have to watch my nephew for a good part of the day at my sister's house and the kiddo has to work (he's going to have to uber to work, I guess.  Damn kid needs to get his permit and then license, but that's a whole other thing that I don't have energy for at the moment).  So again, a lot more of nothing going on tomorrow night.  DH is returning at some point on Sunday (early, I hope...but FIL is driving, so we'll see).  I need to go to the store at some point, but I may see if I can hold out until Sunday morning and leave the kids home.  I probably will need the time-out at that point.  
  • K works all weekend, so just Pride work for me.  I'd really like to see a movie on Sunday after she gets off work.  Other than that, SSDD for a weekend.
  • More interview prep today and I'm about to go to the gym. We are going to LA tomorrow night for a friend's birthday. Unfortunately the place friend wants to go to doesn't have a lot of great reviews which is a shame because there are so many places in DTLA with amazing food and drinks. 

Enchiladas and guacamole last night were great and should last us a little bit. Tomorrow I am spending the day with SO's sister for her birthday. I totally forgot that tomorrow was March for Science or else I would have planned stuff for another day with her. Sunday I'll be panicking more about all of the interview torture I'll be experiencing on Monday. 

• I'm wfh today, and then DK and I have a date night scheduled at a nicer restaurant in town. 
    http://www.rainbow-lodge.com/index.php

Weekend is still a little up in the air. Tomorrow is DK's fish club's annual collection trip - basically they visit local ponds/lakes/streams to catch local fish and gather local plants. They were calling for thunderstorms tomorrow morning, so we'll see if we go, and if we all go. 
    Sunday - no plans yet.
  • @mrsconn23 Sorry for the rough patch you're in. Sending positive vibes! Hopefully the weekend leaves you feeling better! 

FI's supposed to go on a retreat but it might be cancelled for this weekend. He's gotten oddly clingy as of late and I don't think I can take him wanting to talk for hours. Not today especially. 

A friend of mine is getting married tomorrow. It's a ten hour drive away and I'm road tripping it with my brother, so that's fun! We're actually going to set off in a few hours. I'm excited because I've never been to a barn wedding. Well, I have but it was more of a "Barn aesthetic" wedding and this time both parties actually do farm. But I'm most excited to ride a horse at their farm! It's been too long since I've been riding! 
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @mrsconn23 that sucks.  Things will get better, but it sucks to be in such a shitty place in the present.  

Not much is going on today.  Working (hopefully a half day) and then wanting to get some rest at home.  FI and I argued last night about cooking/meal prep and I think I was in the wrong, so I am hoping he isn't too upset with me when I get home.  He rarely lets anything bug him (thank God) so I am hoping he's good today.

• Sorry @mrsconn23. Hopefully things will be better when he gets home.

H told me last night that he was planning on surprising me with a night out, but he didn't know which movie to take me to so he ran by the three that are showing in the Director's Suites (these hold 20-30 people, have heated and massaging recliners, and wait staff to bring food and drinks). One of them I'd never heard of, one I have no desire to see, the one I picked was Katherine Heigle's new movie so I don't have high hopes and when he bought the tickets, we were the only ones buying so we may have the suite to ourselves.

We're going house hunting Sunday morning. H is going golfing Sunday afternoon so I think I may try to set up a play date with one of H's HS friends. I've never met her in person, but our babies are around the same age and she seems okay on FB.
  • Kitten has been trying to throw up all morning.  Every time I notice and I pick her up to put her on tile instead of the carpet (or bed), she stops.  Now I feel like I can't leave for the gym because she's freaking me out.  She never throws up and she's never had a hair ball.  The only other time she threw up was the night I gave her flea medication.  I'm hoping she didn't eat anything she shouldn't have.  

• Good luck @levioosa; with the interview and with the kitten. 

Not too much, just trying to get through the day. Teeth/jaw hurts from yesterday and I slept terribly. 

I'm working all day tomorrow, so I'm taking off the rest of the afternoon. Sunday, if the weather is nice, we're finally doing some gardening work. I just have to learn about plants first. 
  • Twiggy finally got the Vets okay to start being a dog again, so hopefully our house will start to return to a semblance of normal. We are going to pick out plants for the vegetable garden because all of the seeds I started died of neglect because of how hard I was working the last two or three months. That's about the extent of our grand plans. 

I'm slammed at work. I'm trying to get a jump on my quarterly duties before the supervisory turnover starts in mid May. I'm not sure what to expect, and it's a temporary thing as well, so there won't really be a chance to get into a better groove than now, since everything will change again in July.  Have I mentioned how bad I am with change?

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Thanks peeps.  I'm feeling a little bit better (just tired from being upset and stressed) and I ran out for lunch to get McAlister's, Starbucks (mmm, cold brew), and beer (Lent is over! I can now have the sweet nectar of the gods ;) )  3 hours of work left and then it's the weekend and beer thirty.    
  • pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited April 2017
    I did awesome at 31 Bingo last night, I won the first 2 prizes! I got down to 1 number on winning 2 more, people acted annoyed I won 2, they wouldn't have liked if I won more.  There is no limit so whatever.  My sister sitting by me won the 3rd, we got smart remarks - grown people sure can be jealous. 

I have to spend the weekend cleaning, I haven't deep cleaned since before Christmas, things look neat but its long past a good cleaning.

• I did awesome at 31 Bingo last night, I won the first 2 prizes! I got down to 1 number on winning 2 more, people acted annoyed I won 2, they wouldn't have liked if I won more.  There is no limit so whatever.  My sister sitting by me won the 3rd, we got smart remarks - grown people sure can be jealous. 

I have to spend the weekend cleaning, I haven't deep cleaned since before Christmas, things look neat but its long past a good cleaning.

A facebook group I'm a member of does a monthly contest where they set a time and the last person to comment at that time wins their choice of an item. Last month, I'd spent a good part of the day before and the day of commenting. I won. Someone immediately started complaining that I slid in at the last minute. I almost won again this month. I kind of wish I had just to see her bitch again.
  • I used to love Scandal but I swear it is just getting weirder and weirder, i don't know if I'd say it jumped the shark but I feel like it has just gone extra crazy. 

Had a volunteer day at work today. I like doing it although it seems like people like to work for about 2 hours and then just give up. Cmon people it isn't that hard 

• Lots of interviews happening next week for us (I've at least one, probably 3)! Good luck to everyone!

I just remembered I'm supposed to go to a bridal shower Sunday. The bride is eloping (so she claims, not 100% sure on this) on Tuesday. She's the one I normally go to about etiquette stuff, so I'm confused about this claim of elopement. 

You're not the only one who's confused. So weird!

Oh, and good luck on your interview!

• I did awesome at 31 Bingo last night, I won the first 2 prizes! I got down to 1 number on winning 2 more, people acted annoyed I won 2, they wouldn't have liked if I won more.  There is no limit so whatever.  My sister sitting by me won the 3rd, we got smart remarks - grown people sure can be jealous. 

I help with Bingo games at least once a month. It amazes me to see how competitive people can be, even if it's just for a couple dollars.

I'm staying up late to take Housemate to the train station. She's going to be helping her grandmother for a week while her aunt and uncle are out of town. Amtrak only leaves from here after midnight. Weird.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to go to the March for Science. I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't make it, though. It was a challenging week at work and I'll be up till at least 2:00 a.m. If I don't make it to the March, I'll do some letter writing and database work and catch up on laundry.

Sunday we'll be visiting my folks; my Dad's birthday is tomorrow. Sunday night is book club, but I'm only 1/3 of the way through the book.
  • Well, date night was a fail. We dropped Wolverine off at 7, and then drove into town for dinner. Ordered a bottle of wine and food and were sipping at glass #1 waiting on apps, when we got a call from the gym (they do 4 hour PSN about 2x/month, so she was there instead of home with a sitter). Apparently she puked, so we needed to go get her. This is the first time that she's thrown up since she was an infant,  so thank goodness for that. 

We asked the waiter to bring our apps and cancel the rest of the order (we were hungry, and figured they probably had already started them, so wanted to eat *something*). They were super nice about it. Corked our bottle so we could take the rest home. 

Food and wine was delicious, so sad to have missed out on rest of it. Wolverine seems fine (more embarrassed than anything), so hopefully this was just a random one off thing.  She wants to go to the fish thing with DK tomorrow, but its contingent on no more puking and no fever. (Hoping it's not a virus - we have theatre tix for Finding Neverland on Tuesday,  and I have concert tix for Andrew McMahon on Wednesday, so would really suck to miss them if we got sick.)

• I have a phone interview Monday for an awesome job! Happy Friday to me. 

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

Thank you! I'm nervous, especially with such a short time to prepare, but it's a fantastic opportunity. 

Best of luck!

Thank you! I'm nervous, especially with such a short time to prepare, but it's a fantastic opportunity. 

You'll do great!!
  • Late to the party.

Good luck to everyone with interviews this week!

Wedding Countdown Ticker