Wedding Woes

Happy Wednesday

2»

Re: Happy Wednesday

• @OurWildKingdom I agree with kvruns about trying to take a few days off, even if it's a staycation where you veg out with a book or Netflix. Mental health days are important, especially when you're already feeling burnt out. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @MissKittyDanger DH packs every day but about 2 a month.  The only "fancy" thing he has is a ceramic container for oatmeal.  He really just uses a bunch of Tupperware (and takes it all in a plastic grocery bag). 

Other than sandwiches I make up a bunch of frozen burritos, sandwich bags of soup/chili, and sandwich bags of pasta with different sauces and proteins.  I also bake a couple of chicken breasts and chunk that up for salads.  Then I prep a bunch of lettuce and veggies.  He can toss together what he wants and then keeps the dressing in a separate container. 

I have done the mason jar salads too.  I would do 4 at a time and they were still good by day 4, but we find them a pain to eat out of a jar so both of us would dump it out.  It's fine for me at home, but annoying for him to pack another container.

He also keeps a can of soup, a plastic bowl, and a sleeve of saltines in his office just in case. 
  • @6fsn  How are the mason jar salads? I've considered doing them but honestly I get so confused because I don't wanna fuck it up!
  • 6fsn6fsn member

@6fsn  How are the mason jar salads? I've considered doing them but honestly I get so confused because I don't wanna fuck it up!

I like the flavors and they do stay crisp if you follow the packing order.  I just didn't like the actual process of eating them out of the jar because they never really mix up.  I would end up dumping them on a plate to eat. 

• 6fsn said:

@6fsn  How are the mason jar salads? I've considered doing them but honestly I get so confused because I don't wanna fuck it up!

I like the flavors and they do stay crisp if you follow the packing order.  I just didn't like the actual process of eating them out of the jar because they never really mix up.  I would end up dumping them on a plate to eat. 

Did you go thru a site to learn the order? That's the part that I get confused about
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Just Pinterest. 

• 6fsn said:

@MissKittyDanger DH packs every day but about 2 a month.  The only "fancy" thing he has is a ceramic container for oatmeal.  He really just uses a bunch of Tupperware (and takes it all in a plastic grocery bag). 

Other than sandwiches I make up a bunch of frozen burritos, sandwich bags of soup/chili, and sandwich bags of pasta with different sauces and proteins.  I also bake a couple of chicken breasts and chunk that up for salads.  Then I prep a bunch of lettuce and veggies.  He can toss together what he wants and then keeps the dressing in a separate container. 

I have done the mason jar salads too.  I would do 4 at a time and they were still good by day 4, but we find them a pain to eat out of a jar so both of us would dump it out.  It's fine for me at home, but annoying for him to pack another container.

He also keeps a can of soup, a plastic bowl, and a sleeve of saltines in his office just in case. 

Ssshhhh...don't tell my boss...but one of my filing drawers is a mini-pantry of canned soup, chili, and other snacks.  He actually wouldn't care, but it does amuse me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 6fsn said:

Ssshhhh...don't tell my boss...but one of my filing drawers is a mini-pantry of canned soup, chili, and other snacks.  He actually wouldn't care, but it does amuse me.

I used to have a drawer like that at my old job. It was 50% food and 50% different types of tea.  My other coworker had his whole office full of food. Like, literally full of food. We're talking costco boxes of food everywhere.  We used to joke that if there was ever an earthquake and we got stuck in the office we'd be fine because his food would sustain us for weeks.