Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Threading - Updated

Has anyone tried threading for eyebrows or other facial hair? Were you happy with the results? I checked prices, and they're comparable to waxing. It seems like it might take longer than waxing, though; does it take longer?

Re: Threading - Updated

• Has anyone tried threading for eyebrows or other facial hair? Were you happy with the results? I checked prices, and they're comparable to waxing. It seems like it might take longer than waxing, though; does it take longer?

I much prefer threading to waxing. It's easier and better on your skin and I'm much happier with the results. For me, it takes less than 10 minutes so negligible if there is a time difference.  
  • I've only had threading done once, and that's only because the few salons near my work and apartment don't offer it. I really liked it, the pain was comparable to waxing but my skin didn't look as red afterwards.
  • I thread my eyebrows every month. I used to wax them years ago and hated it. I think threading is pretty quick (5-10 min typically) and I think the threader has much more control of what they're doing. Haven't done it on other facial hair because I'm scared to lol. (Damn haven't been on this website for a while)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have, I would say the time is a little longer but nothing that I would consider a reason not to do it. I am very pale and no matter what I am going to get red. I feel that they often have more control over what they are doing. I've switched now to the thick wax since there is a place across the street from my apartment, but if it was threading I'd be there just the same. 
  • price is same. time is same-anywhere from 5-10 mins, usually closer to 10 if they are thorough. IMO it hurts more. my fiancee has beengoing for like 10 years and he still tears up haha. just suck it up. i only thread for years now. 
  • Well, I decided to try it in advance to see how my skin reacted, and I'm so glad I did! It's red right now, but not as bad as it is after waxing. It was more time-consuming but less painful, and now my skin is as smooth as my 7-year-old niece's.

I got my whole face done for $45 US and gave a very nice tip. Well worth it!