Wedding Woes
Options

Let Me Breath!

I’ve been with my boyfriend for nine months and while he’s great for the most part, he wants me to pursue his hobbies X and Y with him even though I’m not interested (after trying them out a few times, of course). I’ve always believed in maintaining separate interests outside a relationship while also having shared common interests, but it’s gotten to the point where he accuses of me not being open-minded when I decline his request to do X and Y. I don’t want to break up with him over this, but it’s gotten to the point where it’s stressing me out every single time I say no even though I’ve already explained I’m not interested already! How can I remedy this situation?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let Me Breath!

• Options
    Does he pursue/take interest in your hobbies?  And if he doesn't, do you badger him in turn about his lack of "open-mindedness"?

I think the answer lies in your answers to those questions, LW.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    It sounds like she already has, but I'd have one more "do or die" discussion with him about it.  Like, "I am open-minded.  I tried X and Y a few times.  I'm glad you enjoy this activities, but I don't, and have already told you that multiple times.  You are stressing me out and really starting to irritate me with the insults and repeated requests."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker