Wedding Woes
Options

TGIF

A woman at work is pissing me off.  I've not been a huge fan of her anyway, but grr.  Our funding person is on her honeymoon this week.  She sent an email WEEKS ago that funding was almost empty.  She sent an email last week that she was gone this week and get requests in.  Friday at 4:30 the woman I don't like sent 3 requests.  One of them got lost in the shuffle and now annoying woman is "this is important it can mean we get the deal" and she's copying everyone on it.  Sure, I get it.  This is not my fault.

Tomorrow is First Communion.  I've kept it very low key.  I'm hoping there is no drama. 

Sunday lacrosse and I don't know what else.  Probably trying to get funding pushed through.

I'm bummed we won't be able to make a Caribbean vacation happen this year, but given the unrest in DH's job it's just not responsible.  Now I'm looking at white water rafting.

Re: TGIF

• Options
    Congrats on the First Communion tomorrow, hope all goes well @6fsn

I'll likely hear something today on the job front so I'm having trouble focusing on work. Last day of classes! We also have job candidates in today and all next week so things are crazy busy. 

Im a little annoyed with h and trying not to be. The job search has been real hard for him, I get that. So I told him about the predictive behavior assessment yesterday and he says "why do you keep making it through and I don't". Like I get it, this sucks for him and we have such similar resumes, but c'mon. I'm trying to let it go but it irks me. 

• Options
    Also, maybe this is TMI, but I bought high waisted underwear (still nice, silky ones) for the first time ever and they're wonderful. I had no idea what I was missing. Granny panties all the way and I'm not ashamed. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I may have just volunteered to be PTO Vice President.  Why do I do this to myself?
  • Options
    On our way.  I can't believe it's already been a year. So much changed for us in such a short time, and I spent so much time traveling for work... Well, time does fly, whether you're having fun or not.

I had crazy unpleasant dreams last night (one of which included getting into a car with an old roommate and thinking, he's going to drive this into a wall, but not getting out of the car, and then he did; another involved me being a doormat again and the subsequent confrontation; still another involved moldy cupcakes that made people violently ill....) and woke up with a migraine.  

We watched the draft last night. I haven't picked DH's brain on how he feels about the Browns' choices, but told him we'd save our money so we could buy the team and he could make all the choices himself... Because he has yet to be wrong about the future of any of the Browns picks, or any of the players the Browns DIDN'T pick over the years.  He's scary good with stats and all things football.  I often wonder what our future kids will be like.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @atomicblonde  yay one year :) boo scary dreams :(
  • Options
    DH is WFH today.  I am going to the Norwex party.  (Thanks for all the tips!)Both kids have field day today.  Usual weekend schedule.  I just put all the swim dates and summer camps in Google Calendar.

DS's suit jacket for the wedding is ready for pickup.  I could go at lunch, but I should really work out.  Leaning toward Nordstrom, though.

I don't want to nag FSIL about the FG dresses, but I'm wondering what's up.  I guess we still have plenty of time.  I'm not super concerned, I'm just wondering whether I'll have to order from overseas (+time), plus Wooz will likely need to get it taken in (+time).  It would be nice if I could get hers done when I get DS's jacket tailored, so I guess that's why I'm thinking about it.

I need to decide on a shirt and tie for DS, too.  And I'm really wondering what my dress is going to be like.  I hope it fits.  Taking it in is NBD, but if it's too small...
  • Options
    @Charlotte989875, nice comfortable panties are everything.  I recently traded for more reasonable ones too. LOL.  
    @MissKittyDanger, how awesome and exciting!!! 

ugh.  i broke my blender this morning.  I have the ninja IQ and it makes wonderful smoothies in the morning.  However, if you have the blade to loose, it leaks out everywhere.  If you tighten it to much, you can't unscrew it and then you end up getting all frustrated and smash it on the sink in hopes it will open (no, really EVERYONE does this).  I bought another blade to give it a try but if it keeps on going where I can't unscrew the blade after a smoothie I'll need a new machine. Recommendations? 

• Options
    When is the wedding @Heffalump, soon right?
  • Options
    I am going to a job fair today.  I'm supposed to be getting ready right now but I just am so tired.  I don't think I mentioned it but SO hurt his leg last week so I've been driving him to and from work every day and he works early.  I went to bed pretty late last night and then of course 5 am rolls around and I was wide awake even though I didn't have to be up for another hour. 

Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral and then SO and I are going to a festival at our old hometown.  Sunday we're going to the festival again to meet up with SO's family.  

• Options
    I took the day off yesterday because I needed to clean at H's house and I had 2 interviews. One of the interviews went well, the other was odd. I hate when they have a set list of questions that have zero to do with your abilities. One of the questions was, "What's one thing you believe that no one else does?"

We got 2 offers on H's house. Both were for asking. So we sold H's house yesterday! We also put in an offer on the house we fell in love with, but now my mom is unhappy. It's about 2 miles further away from her than our current house. We looked at houses near her, but they just weren't right.

Now I have to get my house ready to show which is a giant PITA because I put one thing away and Mouse takes out 3. Also, H has a bad habit of, instead of putting away the dishes in the dish drainer and using it, putting paper towels on the counter to dry the babies' bottles. 1) it looks trashy 2) the bottles don't dry 3) it takes up much needed counter space. So last night, I put the dishes away, threw the paper towels away, rearranged the cabinet we keep the bottles in, put away the box of wipes, put away the paper towels, threw out expired or nearly expired baby food, and put a new slipcover on the chair in the living room. Apparently, this equated to "trying to get the house ready to show tomorrow" when I should have been sitting down with a beer and celebrating. Celebrating is all well and good, but yes, this house DOES need to be sold and that means it DOES need to be cleaned and organized. I'm hoping to have it ready to list Monday.

H has to work tomorrow morning. Then, lunch with his mom. Sunday, we're going to my brother's for a cook out. 
  • Options

I took the day off yesterday because I needed to clean at H's house and I had 2 interviews. One of the interviews went well, the other was odd. I hate when they have a set list of questions that have zero to do with your abilities. One of the questions was, "What's one thing you believe that no one else does?"

We got 2 offers on H's house. Both were for asking. So we sold H's house yesterday! We also put in an offer on the house we fell in love with, but now my mom is unhappy. It's about 2 miles further away from her than our current house. We looked at houses near her, but they just weren't right.

to the bolded:  I hope you said aliens.

Congrats on the house!!! that's fantastic! 

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  Yay selling!
    I hate those questions too ... part of me wants to be like "What's one thing you believe that no one else does? Not answer this question. Next."
    Uh oh! Mouse is in that stage ... I hear that's a fun stage #not

Tbh our house needs cleaning, I use a dish towel when I have to dry dishes that can't go into the dishwasher and it looks horrible because we don't have a lot of counter space.
  • Options
    Exciting things! I just realized now that M's going to be working soon, we can get house stuff done. WE CAN DO THE PANTRY!!! MY KITCHEN WILL BE CLEARED UP!!

AND WE CAN LOOK AT PAINTING!

WE CAN DO THINGS!
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat it's like when they ask questions like "If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be?"  I get that they're supposed to be questions that analyze your ability to think quickly and whatnot, but they're still dumb to me.  

• Options
    @CharmedPam@MissKittyDanger I said ghosts. The house sold in 4 days. That gives me high hopes for mine because, other than the floors, it's move in ready. It's almost the exact same floor plan as H's, but his is 25 square feet larger and the kitchen is original where mine is brand new. Also, my backyard is much nicer except for the fact that it's chain link fence on three sides.
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat congrats on the house offers! 
  • Options
    edited April 2017

levioosa said:

@DrillSergeantCat it's like when they ask questions like "If you were an animal, what type of animal would you be?"  I get that they're supposed to be questions that analyze your ability to think quickly and whatnot, but they're still dumb to me.  

I'm an accountant. There's really not much need to think quickly and creatively. Ask me about my knowledge!

eta - my favorite question yesterday was, "Outside of school, what's something you did to learn something new?" They also asked what my hobbies were.
  • Options

Meh, not so super soon.  2-1/2 months.  Enough time to get a FG dress, but I'd like to know what we're doing pretty soon. 

@DrillSergeantCat, those people are dumb, because those questions are poorly correlated with candidates' aptitude and experience.  They are wasting both of your time.

And, I leave y'all this:
    http://www.southernliving.com/syndication/professional-bridesmaid-for-hire?xid=sl_socialflow_facebook
  • Options

levioosa said:

I'm an accountant. There's really not much need to think quickly and creatively. Ask me about my knowledge!

eta - my favorite question yesterday was, "Outside of school, what's something you did to learn something new?" They also asked what my hobbies were.

Hobbies seem to be pretty common. I think they just want to know what your life is like outside of work.
    M has to be really careful about answering that because he enjoys hunting but doesn't wanna sound creepy as he also enjoys going to the range lol
  • Options

Heffalump said:

Meh, not so super soon.  2-1/2 months.  Enough time to get a FG dress, but I'd like to know what we're doing pretty soon. 

@DrillSergeantCat, those people are dumb, because those questions are poorly correlated with candidates' aptitude and experience.  They are wasting both of your time.

And, I leave y'all this:
    http://www.southernliving.com/syndication/professional-bridesmaid-for-hire?xid=sl_socialflow_facebook

The Wedding Ringer was this but for men.
  • Options
    Also, if Wooz does end up in a gold dress, I think I'm getting DS this tie.  It will look good with a navy suit and a white dress shirt:
    https://www.highcottonties.com/collections/boys-bow-ties/products/champagne-toast-boys-bow-tie
  • Options

Heffalump said:

Also, if Wooz does end up in a gold dress, I think I'm getting DS this tie.  It will look good with a navy suit and a white dress shirt:
    https://www.highcottonties.com/collections/boys-bow-ties/products/champagne-toast-boys-bow-tie

Too cute!
    They are just going to look beyond adorable :)
  • Options
    I texted my brother, since he's in the UK with FSIL at the moment, and asked him to ask her if she's still doing gold dresses, and he checked and said definitely.  It said they only had one left, so I ordered it. :)

Y'all, do NOT tell Mr. Heff what I spent on this bow tie, 'k?  It's his first bow tie, the boy needs a good one.
  • Options

Hobbies seem to be pretty common. I think they just want to know what your life is like outside of work.
    M has to be really careful about answering that because he enjoys hunting but doesn't wanna sound creepy as he also enjoys going to the range lol

I crochet and read so nothing too controversial. 
  • Options

Plus you have two young kids, I'm sure that's a hobby :')
  • Options

Plus you have two young kids, I'm sure that's a hobby :')

Exactly! At this point my only hobby is chasing Mouse and keeping Norah alive with my boobs. That second one wasn't really interview appropriate.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Heffalump said:

And, I leave y'all this:

That woman is probably making a hell of a living! I sent the link to FW, but she declined to read it.

Re: hobbies, I never know what to answer beyond reading, following sports,  and volunteering (relatively noncontroversial, unless I ever have an interview with a Steelers or Michigan fan).

I'm so glad this week is over. I'm picking up Housemate from the Amtrak station at 3:00, so I intend to sleep in tomorrow morning. We'll probably take Mutt to the park when I wake up. Tomorrow night, we're going to my brother's latest play. Sunday I'm going to a drum circle.

ETA: @Heffalump, I liked that link so much that I shared it in Snarky Brides.