Flowers

Where can I find Fresh Lavender??

I was all set to receive fresh Lavender for my July 1st wedding from a local lavender farm, but I just found out this week they will be closing! Since they can no longer fulfill my order, I'm not really sure where to go next.
If anyone has any suggestions on where I could order online or any local spots in the NY/NJ area I would appreciate it!
Also I have seen a lot of listings for dried lavender, would it make a difference if I bought fresh or dried?

Re: Where can I find Fresh Lavender??

• Fresh vs. dried makes a huge difference. As a dried flower, lavender is really crumbly.

If they haven't closed yet, call them and ask if they have a recommendation. If anyone is going to be "in the know" about local vendors, it's them. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Not sure where in NY or NJ you are, but try Stokes Farm in Old Tappan. I'm pretty sure they have fresh lavender. 

• Not sure where in NY or NJ you are, but try Stokes Farm in Old Tappan. I'm pretty sure they have fresh lavender. 

I just googled it and am about 40 minutes from there, thanks I'll check it out!
  • Call and talk to the people you were originally going to get it from first!  They may be open for some things and not others or switching to only special orders, call and get it "from the horse's mouth" directly first before looking for other options.