Wedding Party
Options

deleted

Re: deleted

• Options
    Think of your bridesmaids unique tastes and gift based on those.   

But please first make sure your wedding is thecday you're legally married.
  • Options
    We actually have a pretty easy friend group to shop for (mostly gamers, cosplayers and the like), so we gave most of our wedding party the same thing: ale horns with individualized runes inscribed in them. Some brought them to the wedding, but it wasn't asked of them. For those for whom it wasn't appropriate  (not their style, or Hindu and therefore not cool with drinking from bull horns), we got Shovana shawls to their style, or for one girl who would have hated both, a collectable figure of her favorite Disney character. Don't drive yourself crazy with this, but definitely think about each person before purchasing.  
  • Options

I am having trouble thinking about what to do for BridesMaids gifts on the wedding day. I did do "bridesmaid proposals" which I gave a Tshirt ( that said bridesmaid), a framed photo of me and the girl it was for and some candy.
    I feel like you are supposed to give something the day of but I'm not sure what ?

JIC

• Options
    edited May 2017
    FTR, OP, your "bridesmaid proposal" gifts are all about you, not them. Very obnoxious.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options

Since they're "wifesmaids" and you will already be married, I would just give your friends corsages, don't make them buy a certain dress, and have them attend your party.

FTR, OP, your "bridesmaid proposal" gifts are all about you, not them. Very obnoxious.

levioosa said:

Reimbursement for traveling and spending money on a fake wedding. 

I am going to get tolled on every board because I was THINKING of signing papers before my wedding?

Can you please actually go look up what it means to "troll" or be "trolled". Because you clearly have no understanding as to what it actually is. No one is trolling you. 
  • Options

Since they're "wifesmaids" and you will already be married, I would just give your friends corsages, don't make them buy a certain dress, and have them attend your party.

levioosa said:

Reimbursement for traveling and spending money on a fake wedding. 

I am going to get tolled on every board because I was THINKING of signing papers before my wedding?

That's not the word you're wanting.

And yes, because it's a fake wedding. I wouldn't be happy if I found out my friend invited me to her wedding then said "fyi I already signed papers so we're legally married"

Waste of time.
  • Options
    Trolled is make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    I never said I WANTED or that I WAS going to sign papers prior to June. I said It was a thought and that my friend was going to do it... and I would never hate anyone for it. 
    Harassing me on every board saying I'm having a fake wedding on every post and spreading false advertising isn't trolling? 
  • Options

Trolled is make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    I never said I WANTED or that I WAS going to sign papers prior to June. I said It was a thought and that my friend was going to do it... and I would never hate anyone for it. 
    Harassing me on every board saying I'm having a fake wedding on every post and spreading false advertising isn't trolling? 

You said you were considering it and no it isn't trolling especially if you decide to do it. You would be having a fake wedding and lying to your guests.
  • Options

You said you were considering it and no it isn't trolling especially if you decide to do it. You would be having a fake wedding and lying to your guests.

so you can harass me on something I haven't even done? or haven't committed to doing?  People are literally going on all my posts to comment and harass me about this.... about some thing that I haven't said I was even going to do.
  • Options

so you can harass me on something I haven't even done? or haven't committed to doing?  People are literally going on all my posts to comment and harass me about this.... about some thing that I haven't said I was even going to do.

I seriously doubt anyone is deliberately following you around. The fact is, this is a forum and we pretty much all read/post on multiple boards. And we remember who people are and what they have said.
  • Options
    Ok, I'll admit I was mean to you. That said, please don't do what you've been considering. You can plan a wedding -- even a big wedding -- in a year or less, without being dishonest with anyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

90% of posters to these forums post on most of the boards. So if you post in Etiquette, Getting in Shape, Chit Chat, Wedding Party, etc...the same people are going to see your posts. And it's easy to tell who's who. So people remember who you are and what you've said. It's not trolling. Posters are on those boards to answer others' questions and you just happen to be there also posting. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    It helps to bring it up on posts like these for people who think they are giving advice to someone who is planning their actual wedding and not a PPD. The advice would change because the circumstance of the actual wedding has changed.

I'm glad you're considering not going that route, especially since your guests are coming from such a distance. If you have to have the June wedding, then I'd consider the insurance expense or tax penalty part of your wedding expenses.
  • Options
    "Deleting"  your post was a mistake.  Now people will come to see what the fuss is about, and it is obvious.
    The responses you have received here are only a small sample of the reaction you will get if you decide to get legally married and then have a PPD.  Please don't do this!  Your friends and relatives will be angry and hurt.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I came for the bat signal and stayed for the entertainment. Thanks for quoting. 

OP, you are not being harassed or trolled, but if you're expecting people to spend money for a fake wedding, you need to actually give them something so that the sting of you lying to them will hurt a little less.