Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination wedding and honeymoon fund

Hello,

We are planning our wedding in Vegas but live in Florida. I am going to invite all 150 people on my original guest list out of courtesy and respect for everyone but I know only about 50 will actually make the trip. Due to this, I want to include a honeymoon fund link on the invite so that those who wont be making the trip can still contribute and not feel bad. I don't expect the people making the trip to give a gift as well of course but I'm not sure if this is tacky or not. Help!

Re: Destination wedding and honeymoon fund

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

Hello,

We are planning our wedding in Vegas but live in Florida. I am going to invite all 150 people on my original guest list out of courtesy and respect for everyone but I know only about 50 will actually make the trip. Due to this, I want to include a honeymoon fund link on the invite so that those who wont be making the trip can still contribute and not feel bad. I don't expect the people making the trip to give a gift as well of course but I'm not sure if this is tacky or not. Help!

Your original list?  Did you have a different wedding planned and then cancel/change it?  I hope you have chosen a venue that can accommodate the number of guests you are actually inviting.  You might find yourself surprised at how many guests actually consider attending your wedding, whether OOT or not.

Why would gifting you make a guest feel better about not being able to attend a destination wedding that you chose?

Any request for money, either straightforward, or disguised as a travel experience, is tacky and wrong.  What is worse is asking people to be cheated out of the full amount of their gift.

• Hello,

This has to be MUD. Honeyfunds, registry on invites and  destination wedding invites= too many bingo topics. 

I sincerely hope no one is this self-absorbed, obnoxious and greedy.