Destination Weddings Discussions

DW in Granada, Spain Advice

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I recently discussed have a destination wedding in Granada, Spain (I spent a year abroad there in college and consider the city my second home).

Because of Spanish law, we would have a religious ceremony only, and I've been trying to figure out the requirements to do so. Church requirements are a given, but all the websites I've visited have given me differing information on the rest of the documents needed. The Spanish and American embassies also only offer info on civil marriages.

Does anyone have experience or are currently going through the process of planning a ceremony in Spain? Help on requirements and how to choose a church would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Alexis

Re: DW in Granada, Spain Advice

• aeknott15 said:

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I recently discussed have a destination wedding in Granada, Spain (I spent a year abroad there in college and consider the city my second home).

Because of Spanish law, we would have a religious ceremony only, and I've been trying to figure out the requirements to do so. Church requirements are a given, but all the websites I've visited have given me differing information on the rest of the documents needed. The Spanish and American embassies also only offer info on civil marriages.

Does anyone have experience or are currently going through the process of planning a ceremony in Spain? Help on requirements and how to choose a church would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Alexis

• Unfortunately, this won't work out for you without one of you setting up residency there. And asking people to travel to Spain for an event that's not a legal wedding is WAYYYY too much. 

Go there for your honeymoon instead.
    *********************************************************************************