Snarky Brides

Some people

So I haven't been around here much lately because I've been crazy busy. Wedding is next week WOOO!! Anyway I wanted to snark and rant on one of my fiancés "friends" that he doesn't like but he felt obligated to invite. Just a disclaimer: I just felt like ranting and it is in no way affecting my excitement for this wedding.

I know we aren't supposed to dictate dress code and we are supposed to assume guests know how to dress for a wedding, so we didn't dictate anything. Guests would ask anyway, because it's common in our group to dictate dress code (even for birthday parties lol) and we told them it's recommended semi-formal, we told them what my fiancé is wearing, dress for a spring wedding, not overly formal, etc, and we mentioned on our website that there are many grassy areas to keep in mind (heels). So that was fine and dandy, people will dress however they dress.

My fiancé has a group of long time friends who always invites this one guy who is just a terrible person for many reasons, the only reason he's invited is because they don't want their group to split (some of his friends like him for whatever reason). So my fiancé folded and invited him to the wedding too. This is a guy who shows up to weddings 2 hours late (not kidding), and shows up in hoodies and jeans, which I get is his choice but joined with lateness is still pretty disrespectful of the occasion. My fiancés friends wanted to help him out by telling him that this is not the time to wear such casual clothing (or arrive late). So he said "I don't want to, I'm going to wear smart casual" whatever that is lol.
This is the kinda stuff I ignore because I know I won't notice it that day but this pissed off my fiancé because of his history with this guy. This guy only wants to go to the wedding if a friend picks him up from his doorstep (we live in NYC, many transit options). This guy was texting him asking which shoes he should wear, option 1: dress shoes, option 2: straight up sneakers. My fiancé said option 1 would be better and this guy said "nope I'm getting option 2, it has real leather" wtf. So my fiancé ignored him until he got another message where this guy found out he's not sitting with my fiancés best friends and says "if I'm sitting in that table I might as well not go to the wedding at all". I don't understand people sometimes. So he told him if it's so hard for him, then don't come at all. He's still coming.

P.S I know my fiancé made a dumb move by inviting someone he hates so much. How are you all this fine day? :smiley:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Some people

• Set him up with the most obnoxious single guest of his preferred gender.  ;)

I'm kidding. I have no advice, I just wish you and your fiancé luck with this guy (whatever form that takes).

Good to see you!
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Ugh, that sounds so obnoxious. I feel for you. I'd convince my fiance to enforce a moratorium on disclosing wedding info with this friend group, lest it gets back to him and he complains.

No, they do not get to know your favors. He gets bean dipped if he asks what kind of food you'll be offering. Questions about the bar or what's tap get vaguely pleasant answers like "don't worry, we're taking care of you."

It sounds like he just looking for ways to push buttons, so don't give him any openings.
    Sounds like a good idea. This is their first American wedding (my fiancé and these friends are Chinese) so they have a lot of questions, but we should just keep it as a surprise :p 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    Forgot to mention, this is a dude who makes their friends change their plans to make it more convenient for him and less convenient for them and then he doesn't even show up. Like dudes stop giving him a chance lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MCmeow said:

Forgot to mention, this is a dude who makes their friends change their plans to make it more convenient for him and less convenient for them and then he doesn't even show up. Like dudes stop giving him a chance lol.

WTH?
  • MCmeowMCmeow member

MCmeow said:

WTH?

Yeah I know I don't get it. Half of his friends hate him, the others are in some trance and like him for whatever reason. It's amusing but frustrating to observe, but my fiancé promised himself to never invite him to anything again (good!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MCmeow said:

YUCK. DH had a friend like that. Emphasis on "had." Dude was going to be part of the bridal party until he made a stink over the bachelor party plans. DH and him got into a fight and that was the end of the friendship (didn't come to the wedding). 
    I don't understand how people who aren't worth the time and drama continue to be part of the group. Sometimes people in the group are strong enough to cut off someone and end a friendship, but the others in the group are too nice and keep the friend around. Just causes more drama! 

• I cannot understand why people continue to hang out with folks like this. They probably stopped adding to their friend portfolio after 6th grade and their legacy friends just "put up" with them after that. 

With people like this, I have zero problem saying fare thee well..
    Image result for bye gif
    *********************************************************************************

• Yuck.   "Dude, if dressing appropriately, and dealing with a seating assignment are too much for you I'm sure there's an arcade that's your speed."

How old is he?   Does he have a real job yet?   Even DH who wears jeans every day to work owns plenty of khakis, two suits and ample dressy clothes to get through most weddings. 
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    banana468 said:
    Yuck.   "Dude, if dressing appropriately, and dealing with a seating assignment are too much for you I'm sure there's an arcade that's your speed."

How old is he?   Does he have a real job yet?   Even DH who wears jeans every day to work owns plenty of khakis, two suits and ample dressy clothes to get through most weddings. 
    His personality reflects into his personal life as well. He's 25/26 I believe, never had a girlfriend and is way behind in his career compared to the rest of his friends in the same major. It's all in the attitude. There are many reasons why people aren't successful that aren't their fault and have to do with circumstances out of their control, but many times it's also about the attitude someone has with life and the people around them (like this guy). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCmeowMCmeow member

MCmeow said:

YUCK. DH had a friend like that. Emphasis on "had." Dude was going to be part of the bridal party until he made a stink over the bachelor party plans. DH and him got into a fight and that was the end of the friendship (didn't come to the wedding). 
    I don't understand how people who aren't worth the time and drama continue to be part of the group. Sometimes people in the group are strong enough to cut off someone and end a friendship, but the others in the group are too nice and keep the friend around. Just causes more drama! 

I think my fiancé and others that feel like him need to be strong enough to cut off the people not willing to cut off this toxic dude lol. I understand it's hard knowing you can split a group of friends because of one idiot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did he show up to the wedding? I'm looking forward to your recap!
  • MCmeowMCmeow member

Did he show up to the wedding? I'm looking forward to your recap!

He did! He showed up in sneakers and pants that didn't fit him correctly but we didn't notice until a friend mentioned it to him after (as I suspected). But he was dressed nicer than we thought he would!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker