Wedding Woes

Pick my next tattoo location

edited May 2017 in Wedding Woes
I need to figure out where to put my next tattoo that is still work friendly.  PS Boo Jobs.

I'm getting a pansy:

But on a stem with handwriting:

Pick my next tattoo location 23 votes

Inside left bicep
30% 7 votes
Outside left forearm (the bone that runs up the elbow)
13% 3 votes
Collar bone (like above)
43% 10 votes
Other idea....
13% 3 votes

Re: Pick my next tattoo location

• I like the pansy tattoo picture.  The top one.  That's pretty!

It seems like the bottom pic, the pansy is more pink than purple.  I like the purpler top one.  I know "purpler" isn't really a word.  But I think it should be.  So I used it, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

It seems like the bottom pic, the pansy is more pink than purple.  I like the purpler top one.  I know "purpler" isn't really a word.  But I think it should be.  So I used it, lol.

Yeah I like the actual flower on the top but with the stem from the bottom.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like inside the bicep.  I always think those tattoos look so pretty on women. 

• Lulawife said:

My cousins and I are getting matching tattoos in July and used that same second picture as inspiration. We are all getting different flowers with the same script. I'm getting mine sideways down the right side of my back (like below picture), one cousin is getting hers on her inside forearm and the other is undecided. 

40 Extremely Cute Minimalistic Tattoo Designs  httpwwwbarneyfranknetextremely-cute-minimalistic-tattoo-designs

That's a cute spot!  I have the big dipper across my shoulders so it might be too close.  I'll have to figure out how to look in the mirror and see.
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2017
    I was thinking maybe placement like this

But it sounds like you already have a tattoo in that location. 

ETA: That purple pansy is so pretty! 

• levioosa said:

I was thinking maybe placement like this

But it sounds like you already have a tattoo in that location. 

ETA: That purple pansy is so pretty! 

Thanks!  So is this one.  Yeah I have the big dipper across my shoulders, an anchor on my lower right back, ILY in sign language on my right wrist and a stupid heart shaped 18 year old tattoo thing on my right ankle.
  • I picked outside up the elbow because I have a similar tattoo in that location and constantly get compliments on both the design and location. I chose it because the artist I was going to posted a different tattoo in that spot and I fell in love with how it looked.

I do have to say, having tattoos all over my arms, the inner bicep was the absolute most painful spot I've ever been tattooed. I have one tattoo on each inner bicep and after getting the first one I put down a deposit for the second one and immediately kicked myself because it hurt way more than anywhere else. They look so cool, but it's not an easy spot.

• I picked outside up the elbow because I have a similar tattoo in that location and constantly get compliments on both the design and location. I chose it because the artist I was going to posted a different tattoo in that spot and I fell in love with how it looked.

I do have to say, having tattoos all over my arms, the inner bicep was the absolute most painful spot I've ever been tattooed. I have one tattoo on each inner bicep and after getting the first one I put down a deposit for the second one and immediately kicked myself because it hurt way more than anywhere else. They look so cool, but it's not an easy spot.

That is so pretty!  How does your work feel about it?
  • Also was going to suggest back like above, but is side {between hip and rib cage} an option?

• Also was going to suggest back like above, but is side {between hip and rib cage} an option?

I don't think I'm thin enough for that spot LOL.
  • edited May 2017

I picked outside up the elbow because I have a similar tattoo in that location and constantly get compliments on both the design and location. I chose it because the artist I was going to posted a different tattoo in that spot and I fell in love with how it looked.

That is so pretty!  How does your work feel about it?

They don't really make any comments, besides noticing when I get a new one. I work for a very small office and thankfully all of my visible tattoos are well done (can't say the same for my less-than-visible ones :P) so it's more of an 'ask for forgiveness and not permission' thing, which they're cool with. If I wear 3/4 sleeves they'd all be covered
  • @kimmiinthemitten  I call bull ;) Actually one thing I asked my tattoo artist about my sides {i have both sides done} was if I got pregnant and gained/lost weight. It can stretch but mine are pretty far back, so shouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure you're fine ;)

I don't think I'm thin enough for that spot LOL.

I have one lower rib cage and I love it. And I'm not a thin person!

I do this all the time. I totally approve of your use of purpler. 

My vote is for the purpler one on top, and on your collar bone with the stem, similar to the bottom pic. What text would you have written in handwriting along the stem?

• @MissKittyDanger and @charlotte989875 Thanks for your vote of confidence but I'm a gut for life girl.  Even when I was at my adult thinnest and a size 8, I had a gut.  It's the first place I gain and the last place I lose.  I've gotten pregnancy questions before even, and if I'm being honest I see it, but that doesn't mean they should ask.

@sparklepants41 It will be H's handwriting.  I wanted "most ardently" but he didn't love it, so we switched to "love you."  My BFF the other day though gave me a better idea.  Ever since we started dating, if we weren't spending the night together, he'd text me "good night gorgeous" and still does if he goes to bed before I get home/am staying at a friends/travelling.  He has done it literally every night but one (the night he got to go to his first conference and got wasted a few months ago LOL).  So I think I'm going to do that instead.

Same. Mine rib tattoo comes just below my bra line and conveniently above my gut. 

Love the tattoo! My next will be inner left bicep. 
  • depending on your office or type of employment, i'd go for somewhere less visible. I hate that it's such a big deal in a corporate environment, but I'd put it somewhere easily covered in the office unless you work in an job/career where it's NBD to have visible ink. (I have a few coworkers with visible tattoos, but can think of only one in a management role - not sure if this is coincidental or not. Hers is on her ankle, so only visible if she's wearing a skirt.)

i think it's a pretty design/idea. 
  • I don't have any tattoos myself, but if I were to get one, I'd do a side/rib cage tattoo. I just think they're really subtle and sexy.
    *********************************************************************************