Snarky Brides

Anyone up for a good old fashioned reddit snark?

edited May 2017 in Snarky Brides

Re: Anyone up for a good old fashioned reddit snark?

• redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Eyeroll.

I like how someone advised her to just get one and have the officiant sign it and just not mail it in. That's going to depend a lot on the officiant because I've always known them to be the one to mail it in, not the couple 
  • You KNOW that somebody knows that they are already married, and, sooner or later, they will TELL.  Hoo-boy!  This bride wants to falsify legal documents?  Unbelievable!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Imagine how heart broken MIL will be when she finds out the "wedding" is a sham AND she wasted a shit ton of money. 

This is exactly why lying to people is bad. 

Right? Like, if you want to elope or whatever in Vegas, fine. But own that choice. How selfish can you be then to still allow your MIL to pay for a big wedding? And the women's husband is even worse since it's his own mom he's doing this to.

• redoryx said:

Imagine how heart broken MIL will be when she finds out the "wedding" is a sham AND she wasted a shit ton of money. 

This is exactly why lying to people is bad. 

Right? Like, if you want to elope or whatever in Vegas, fine. But own that choice. How selfish can you be then to still allow your MIL to pay for a big wedding? And the women's husband is even worse since it's his own mom he's doing this to.

Absolutely!! 

• Won't the officiant know it's not a real license? It's not like they don't see these every weekend when they actually marry two people. 
  • As much as I disagree with the couple did, I can't get past how MIL wants to be there to get the license.

My MIL was technically there when we got our license, but the physically beside us. She works at the court house, so she just walked us over to where we were suppose to be {we had no idea} and introduced used to the lady {coworker} who was going to help us. That's it.
    Why does the MIL have to be there for this couple?

• As much as I disagree with the couple did, I can't get past how MIL wants to be there to get the license.

My MIL was technically there when we got our license, but the physically beside us. She works at the court house, so she just walked us over to where we were suppose to be {we had no idea} and introduced used to the lady {coworker} who was going to help us. That's it.
    Why does the MIL have to be there for this couple?

I was thinking that too. "What an overbearing MIL!"  But then I began thinking along the lines of @kwiksilver's comment and I'm wondering if perhaps the couple have scammed her before. I find it hard to believe people become this deceptive and conniving over one matter alone. In which case, I totally understand her. 

• redoryx said:

I wonder if it's also possible the MIL suspects they are already married. 

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think she knows and she wants to see just how far they're willing to go instead of coming clean. 

Apparently, they're willing to go pretty fucking far. 

"Have a graphic designer mock one up." LOL seriously terrible. Yes, please let your inlaws spend thousands of dollars paying for what they think is a wedding and then falsify legal, government documents. Nothing to see here, nothing to see.... WTF is wrong with people?
    *********************************************************************************

• Which one of you is maliceinwonderland?

• redoryx said:

@DrillSergeantCat Guilty as charged. 

idk what I love more. Your username or comment lol
  • MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Honestly all I can say is that these people are con artists, plain and simple. They've conned his mother for possibly thousands of dollars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker