Wedding Woes

Happy Friday!

Whats everyone up to this weekend? We're leaving shortly for a wedding in Pittsburgh, and our bathroom finally has a new shower! Also I won a dress from a LuLaRoe group (I know it's not everyone's thing, but I think the dresses are comfortable) and H had a recruiter ask for his resume. All in all things are looking up here! 

Re: Happy Friday!

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I've started the day with 3 breakfasts, and I'm still hungry. Of course I've been up since before 3am.

in laws are in town, well they're getting in today. Weather isn't going to be ideal so no idea what we will be doing. What I would LOVE is for them to just watch LO for a few hours and I can leave....go wherever...husband optional....but I don't see that happening. At least it never happened when they visited right after he was born which was when I desperately needed that break.
  • Happy Friday!
    I was at the office until almost 7:30 last night getting my draft out - and then came in a little past 7 this morning to start editing. I love how everyone else's procrastination - on this pursuit that is supposed to be a huge priority, I might add - becomes my problem at the last minute. 

I can't wait to go home and get the weekend started. We have no plans, which means I can do as much - or as little - of my To Do List as I feel. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous so we might go down to the zoo one day, which I'm psyched about because I haven't been to this zoo in years, and the last time I was there it was too chilly for the giraffes to be outside, so I missed them. 
  • @charlotte989875  sounds like a good start to the weekend :) Show the dress!! I'm debating on getting a maxi dress or maxi skirt for a wedding at the end of September

@kvruns  oh dear, you need a nap :( 3am sucks. Hopefully you get some time to yourself also. Run a bath, grab a glass of wine and book!
  • Not much last night. Ended up having a wicked storm, so it cooled off really quick.

Tonight M is doing weed whacking and we're putting up curtains in the spare rooms.
    He's then going to his buddy's place and I'm gonna record, edit and hopefully upload a video.
    {ladies, you will see on my instagram later if I get a chance to upload!}

I'm probably redoing my toe nails since they're kinda chipping.

Saturday - we're going skeet shooting at the range. M, my mum and I - yes there will be a video, so you can look forward to that lmao!
    In the evening we're going to a buddy's place for poker.

Sunday - low key. Likely cleaning.

Monday - BBQ at my aunt's place. Not sure what else.
  • Hopefully, this weekend will consist of tiny bullshit projects (e.g. finally staining the end table we built; dog door; repairing the patio furniture; etc.) and not much else.  I'd like to get more mulch for the gardens but after having worked Sunday, I'm absolutely not feeling an intense chore weekend. 

We may go into town tonight for a low-key date night. It's kinda becoming a weekly thing, which I love because yay us, but don't love because it's another expense and I really do want to retire at 55. But I don't work to Scrooge my money, so fun wins every time.

I wish we had a pool. We looked at so many houses that had one, and I flat out said "Absolutely not" to anything with a pool, and now I'm regretting it hard.  

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I was supposed to go visit SIL/BIL/nephew this weekend, but I am still feeling pretty puny.  I have a doctor's appt this afternoon.   I am working until then.  

I'm pretty sure it's a sinus and ear infection. Ugh.  

I hope I can pull it together to get to the store tomorrow.  Seriously tired of feeling like shit. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Garage sale sucks. I've had 5 people stop. I'm about ready to call it done and donate the rest. 

Tomorrow-baseball and soccer game and maybe getting m2 a new bike. Sunday dh is taking his mom and grandma to a cirque de soleil show. I get to take 3 kids to lacrosse and a funeral
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited May 2017
    I have 3 pages of computer stuff for Pride.  It's all little nit pickey things, but they have to be done.  K will be at work, so I'm hoping to just hammer away at my keyboard for hours and hours and get some things finalized.

Tonight is our regular hangout for RPDR, I'm excited for tonight's episode.

Other than that, not too much.  We can't move apartments until June 5, which is horrible b/c it's so close to Pride.  I really don't think it'll take more than a day though, since it's basically "pick this thing up, move it next door".  We're not even boxing anything.  I might buy us 2 of those wagon things to help out with smaller things.

ETA:  Oh and roller derby!  I forgot!  
  • edited May 2017
    @charlotte989875 enjoy the wedding! 
    @kvruns I hope you get your well-deserved free time and/or rest soon. 

I got the result for the English test I took a couple weeks ago. I passed. Thank heavens I haven't been hallucinating what I've been speaking. Lol! 

I am debating going downtown to see live comedy with my best friend tomorrow. But I'm a bit nervous and shy. So we shall see.
    Also, I haven't had a haircut since I stopped getting my hair relaxed, but I'm getting one tonight. (I stopped 18 months ago). 
    My hair goes up to my behind and I usually have 10+ inches cut so they can be donated. But FI likes long hair and has asked me not to get it cut too drastically. Meh... I might still since there are 10 weeks until he comes back and 11 until the wedding. It'll grow a few inches by then. 

Sunday I'm preparing for Ramadan by preparing some iftaar (sunset breaking fast meal) items and freezing them. I'm so excited! Enjoy your weekends! 

ETF:typo
  • Happy Friday y'all!

I am kind of cranky and can't figure out why. 

DH and I picked up the rental car this morning. It is a ford Figo, which I have never heard of. We had luck at the outlet mall. DH got 2 new suits, a nice pair of dress shoes and a new belt for less than 500USD. 

Driving was a breeze and I conquered the 4 lane roundabouts that are so popular here. 

tomorrow we are going to take the dog to the desert to run around. Leash laws are super strict here so he hasn't been able to run around much.

sunday, Dh will work. Friend and I are going to the plant nursery and run some other errands. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've spent more than I've made.  Which isn't hard considering I haven't sold anything, but out of boredom I bought a pair of sandals and a hat.  Oops
  • @missJeanLouise  somebody needs a nap ...
  • I'm knotting on my phone because work has put a temporary ban on personal use of work computers due to ransom-ware threats.  

My job offer came thru and I'm a little disappointed at the salary offer. The position is 2 pay grades above my current position but I'm being offered less than $1 more per hour.  I did send a note back clarifying that my certification was included in the formula.  I'm pretty sure it has been.  I'm inclined to accept but may take the weekend to decide. 

Our weekend plans include bringing flowers to the cemeteries as we'll be out of town next weekend for a wedding.  I'm also in dire need of a mani/pedi so hope to squeeze that in there too.  
  • Yesterday was a challenging day. I got some really bad news from my doctor who diagnosed me with celiac disease and probable hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism I'm okay with. I've been expecting that diagnosis for about 15 years. All the women in my family have it and they were all diagnosed in their early 30s, I'm right on track and I've had all of the symptoms since I was fifteen, but my labs have never been low enough to officially diagnose me. Well, now they are. But it's the celiac diagnosis that I'm really upset about. I fucking love pasta. And I just started to like beer. GF stuff tastes like cardboard shit. I know because a few years ago I went completely GF for 7 months as an experiment. Today I have to get all my thyroid labs and a thyroid ultrasound. 

The interview yesterday was okay. It was an hour after I got the news, so my head wasn't quite in the game, but I also wasn't invested to begin with. I thought the place would be huge, but it was the same size as the place I am hired now, and a 45-hour and a half drive away. It does come probably with an $8/hr pay difference but I don't think that will be worth the drive and the drama that they were trying to spin positively. I'll stay at my walking distance place, thanks. 

Besides labs I have to do some homework today. I'm pretty tired because a friend called me at 4:30 this morning to have me come help her back into her apartment. I have a spare key and her apartment manager wasn't answering the phone. SO didn't even notice I left for almost an hour. Lol. Tomorrow I am doing a hike and dinner with a friend and Sunday I have a baptism to attend. 

• @levioosa  I know there's more brands online you can get pasta and tbh a lot of beers are going GF with trends - so you may be in luck :)
    Celiac sucks, but keep an eye on lactose. I know one girl who has CD and she has lactose sensitivity, apparently it can have correlation. {side note: GF donuts are delish!}

• @levioosa  I know there's more brands online you can get pasta and tbh a lot of beers are going GF with trends - so you may be in luck :)
    Celiac sucks, but keep an eye on lactose. I know one girl who has CD and she has lactose sensitivity, apparently it can have correlation. {side note: GF donuts are delish!}

Thanks. I don't eat a ton of gluten anyways, and there are a few brands and types of GF substitutes I do like, but it's more the option being taken away from me that is the worst. Like, I don't eat gluten even on a daily basis, but if I want a biscuit, I want a biscuit, you know? My doc did a bunch of sensitivity tests and luckily for now lactose is not one of the things I need to watch. Turns out that hypothyroidism and celiac go hand in hand though, which makes sense. 

• @levioosa, I discovered lentil pasta (tolerantfoods.com) a while back.  I love it.  DH hates it.  It doesn't reheat particularly well (gets a little gummy, but tastes fine), but it's great fresh.  It does have a different texture, but I don't find that it tastes like cardboard.  I think they make black bean pasta, too.  I'm allergic to black beans, so I can't vouch for it. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @levioosa, I discovered lentil pasta (tolerantfoods.com) a while back.  I love it.  DH hates it.  It doesn't reheat particularly well (gets a little gummy, but tastes fine), but it's great fresh.  It does have a different texture, but I don't find that it tastes like cardboard.  I think they make black bean pasta, too.  I'm allergic to black beans, so I can't vouch for it. 

Thanks for the recommendations. Most of the rice pastas I've tried have been gross. Same with the bread. I do have a recipe for a GF DF pizza that I like to make. I don't even know if it's that good, but I like it, so I'm glad I still have a pizza option for when I get desperate. 

• kvrunskvruns member

Norah can now roll over from front to back and back to front which is a little ahead of normal. This is great because she had been slightly behind normal markers because of being pre-term. This is not great because she sleeps on her tummy, but will roll onto her back and get mad that she can't get back to her tummy because she's rolled against the crib. 

Yea for hitting some milestones!

B is the opposite - he starts on his back, flips to his belly and then gets mad he can't go back the other way (never mind he consistently went from belly to back from 6 weeks on, but he's now forgotten).
  • Are we children? Legit convo via text

Me: i wanna do cleaning and movie on sunday
    M: like what?
    Me: i'm not doing your bathroom and there's other stuff around. like your shirts
    M: fine
    Me: disney?
    M: finding dory or no deal
    Me: fine but you're cleaning or no movie at all

XD
  • Happy Friday!   

I'm working all weekend.  Hopefully the weather gets better.  Otherwise I'm going to either be bored or just called off altogether.

I have 2 friends coming over in a little bit to watch Gone with the Wind, day drinking and popcorn.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Woke up this morning with a sore throat - ugh! I don't think it is allergies because I usually don't have sore throats from them, but who knows. Went to Y and pilates then grocery for some veggies. I'm trying a recipe for an egg roll bowl that DD told me about. I'm trying to do really low carb now so I hope it is good. It sounds pretty yummy. Not much going on this weekend. Yard work if the weather co operates. H is going to serve at a food for the homeless place tomorrow morning. I probably should have signed up too, but didn't.