Wedding Woes

116 days, how many to go?

Time for a new thread. 

So Comey documented everything. Trump asks Comey to end Flynn investigation, asks Comey if he can jail reporters, and The Rock is leading the president in head to head polling. 

Everything is fine, right?

Re: 116 days, how many to go?

• Asshat is going to be 10 minutes away from me today.   He's giving the commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy.

To top it off, the Academy is basically down the street from one of our nuclear sub bases, a government contractor that makes the nuclear subs (with offices in New London AND across the river in Groton and the only way to get from one side of the river to the other with ease is to cross a giant bridge.

In light of all that's going on, I'm still surprised that there are people living near here who support him. 

• Ditto @VarunaTT

The line-up for who runs for president now is basically rich person, celebrity, trust funder, oooo qualified candidate, rich person, rich person, heir/heiress, former mayor (second most qualified)
    *********************************************************************************

• VarunaTT said:

You're right re: it being a memo and all the protocol.

What I'm talking about is the responses to media coverage seems to be OMG he made memos of things he though wasn't right?!  Well, yeah.  It's just the smart way to work in today's workplace.  I've got a way to document things in my work program that is not removable at all by anyone w/out a trail of it being removed and it's still recoverable.  I also send e-mails, BCC myself, and print them out, basically 2 forms of backup.  

More than anything, I think it shows how much smarter our civil servants are then the person they're having to serve.  

Segue:  I HATE it when some of these people are saying, "I serve at the pleasure of the president."  NO.  You are supposed to serve your country in most of those positions (I wouldn't believe a Chief of Staff for instance, choosing country over president).  But these positions where you have to be nominated and go through hearings?  That's b/c the people's voice is being represented (no matter how badly that's been going).

YES!!!  I have gotten myself out of hot water a number of times because I kept the proof and a trail of what I was asked to do.  Like, "Oh, Conniving Coworker A said I was ignoring her e-mail?  That's funny, because here is the print out where I replied back to her 10 minutes later."

I do the same thing with my renters.  Communicate via e-mail whenever possible so there is written documentation of what was said, on both sides.  Even if there is a phone call, if it is important enough, I'll follow up with an e-mail that outlines what we talked about.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2017

banana468 said:

Asshat is going to be 10 minutes away from me today.   He's giving the commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy.

To top it off, the Academy is basically down the street from one of our nuclear sub bases, a government contractor that makes the nuclear subs (with offices in New London AND across the river in Groton and the only way to get from one side of the river to the other with ease is to cross a giant bridge.

In light of all that's going on, I'm still surprised that there are people living near here who support him. 

And then he goes there and talks all about how horribly he's treated and how bad people are making him feel. What a nice commencement speech he gave to the newest military officers. 

• banana468 said:

Asshat is going to be 10 minutes away from me today.   He's giving the commencement address at the Coast Guard Academy.

And then he goes there and talks all about how horribly he's treated and how bad people are making him feel. What a nice commencement speech he gave to the newest military officers. 

He went off book!

Somewhere out there Sara Huckabee is figuring out how to answer who wrote the speech, was that motivational to those in charge of protecting our borders and whether or not he understands what fairness really is. 

• banana468 said:

Somewhere out there Sara Huckabee is figuring out how ...

This could be a fun game!

....blame the media for reporting on what he actually said instead of reporting on what he meant to say.

SHS:  "I've from countless graduates that they were inspired by todays speech."
    MM:  "How many?  50, 60."
    SHS:  "Look, I'm not going to get into a numbers game, but I personally talked to a bunch of them and they thought it was great."
  • Does anyone on the Trump team get sick of being the folks who walk behind the elephant in a parade? I mean JFC. Their jobs are the actual worst. And for what? 
    *********************************************************************************

• Well, he managed to make it the first day overseas without starting a war.  Day 2 is another story:

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/22/15675502/trump-israel-netanyahu-intelligence-gaffe

• Well, he managed to make it the first day overseas without starting a war.  Day 2 is another story:

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/22/15675502/trump-israel-netanyahu-intelligence-gaffe

Ugh - I saw this and feel like it's going to be set up in the movie version where in a flashback someone says, "So you can't tell me where you heard this but I can ask and you can nod??" 
  • edited May 2017
    I have a Trump double bitch today:

1.  I could really care less if he and Melania hold hands or about any of the other petty stories that come out about him. I mean, the dude has enough huge problems to focus on. However, why WHY is it so hard for the man to speak/write above a third grade level?!  You're the President of the United States of America and all you have to say about a terrorist attacked that killed teenagers was the terrorist are losers?  And then the note at the Western Wall?  "It was great to be here with all of my friends?"  Certainly someone on his staff has a a thesaurus!

2.  I understand voter behavior and that only you can decide what's a priority for you and that most people vote based on where they want to be in life and not where they actually are but when will red states realize they are only hurting themselves?  The red and blue map is States that voted for Trump. The pink map shows States most likely to be hurt by his budget re:  food stamps alone. Seriously people. Stop supporting policies because you want to be a 10%er until you are one!  

ETA:  the darker the pink, the more enrollees the state has. 
  • Sigh!  The South.  Always so pink, but ALWAYS so red.

I even looked it up in the last election.  Louisiana has only had their electoral votes go to the Democratic candidate 3x in the last 50+ years.

Remind me to register Republican if I ever win more than $10M in the lottery, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker