June 2017 Weddings

Planning Early

Hello,
It looks like I'm among the few planning this early ahead. I'm hoping as it gets closer to June 2017 more ladies will join here to talk to and share about our weddings! For starters, my fiance and I got engaged in October 2014. We started planning in May 2015. We are pretty far ahead of the game, seeing as we still have a year and a half until our wedding, but we have most of our vendors booked. Those who aren't booked, we've at least met with and have gotten quotes from. At this point it's just trickling down to deciding some of the smaller details , as we have a lot figured out. With school, children, and family emergencies, we're trying to get as much done as possible when we have the time. That way we don't run out of time or have something pop up, causing us to rush and miss things or make decisions we're unhappy with. Looking forward to meeting more June 2017 brides! :)

Re: Planning Early

• Your not alone!! We just got engaged and we are looking at June 2018! Going to look at venues this weekend and have emails out to cateriers :)
  • Hello! I am planning a June 24, 2017 wedding! We have been engaged since May 28, 2015 and just set a date last night! :) We know the venue we want, but have to save up a little for the deposit! Other than that, we are just getting into researching vendors! Let the wedding planning begin!!
  • questbabyquestbaby member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2016
    Hello Ladies!! We are also planning our wedding for June 22, 2017. We haven't gotten anything booked yet, but we are touring possible venues. We may be booking a photographer this weekend for our engagement photos. I've been told it's never to early to start planning.  

What's some themes that you ladies are thinking of?
  • Hey ladies, my FH and I got engaged over the holidays and just tonight set our date for June 23rd, 2017! Its the day before his birthday, so it will help him remember and it will also be the 3 yr anniversary of the day we met! And I really wanted a Fri evening or Sun afternoon wedding to help with the cost so its a win/win!

The venues I'm interested in are historic houses/ gardens or a park, something outdoors with a covered option if needed. Im checking out a house next week, cant wait! We are having something small, no more than 50 guest and no attendants standing with us. I like the look and the thought of it just being us standing up in front of our family and close friends. My theme is lace, burlap and baby's breath, as of today, lol! Pinterest makes everything look so good and there are so many pretty things
  • Hello ladies, 
    Our date is June 24, 2017.  Original plans were to be married by end of 2016, but since fiance and I live out of state, and want our children and grands with us, we pushed it back to 2017.  By the end of June all the kids will be out of school. 

We have a wedding planner booked, the venue - is a historic depot (railroad) and the photographer was booked yesterday.  Our biggest dilemma is a color scheme.  The planner suggested a bouquet of baby's breath for me.  At first I thought it was crazy, but scrolling on Pinterest has begun to change my mind.

• Hi ladies I'm so excited I just booked my venue!! I'm too excited for this wedding.
  • We booked our venue a couple weeks ago! Officially have a wedding date of June 24, 2017!! 

• Oh Wow @KeyToHisHeart2017 pur dates are really close. Have you done any other planning? I feel like it's just to early for some things.

• We are in the process of closing on a house right now, so other than booking the venue to secure our date, we are waiting until we close on the house (in March!!!) and get moved in before we really start planning and booking things. My mom is buying my dress and I won a $500 gift certificate to a local bridal salon at a bridal show last month, so I am going dress shopping on Feb 21st! I know it's really early and i'm sort of afraid I will have dress regret, along with the agony of keeping that secret from FI for so long, but the GC expires in March and I'd hate to rid my mom of that opportunity to save money. I have a vision for my dress, so I don't think dress regret will be too heavy for me. I have a great and realistic Pinterest board. That I just keep adding to for now. 
    What all planning have you done?
  • questbabyquestbaby member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2016

CONGRATS on your new home that's always an exciting thing!!! As far as planning goes I'm pretty much the same, we secured our venue, I’ve went dress looking but I feel the same as you about buying to early. I did book our engagement photos for July 8TH so I’m excited about that.  This is going to be a long year……………….!

• I'm waiting until we decide on a photographer to book engagement pictures since some of them around here include engagement pictures in their package. We will probably do them in June or July though so we can send save the dates by August. It really is going to be so long! But I'm glad to be able to drag everything out. With a new job, buying a house, kids in sports, and working on my bachelors degree..... Im ok with dragging it out. Lol 
  • Congrats everyone!! I too am planning head. We just celebrated 5 wonderful years (dating) and have been engaged for about 2 years. This will be my second marriage, his first. Neither of us want a big affair and we can't really afford it. We are paying for this weeding completely and we have 5 kids  (not all together ). My parents aren't in the picture right now as they strongly disagree with interracial relationships. He family will contribute minimally.  So, we have been considering this for sometime. We don't have an exact date, but we are sure that it will be in June.
  • We're planning a June 10, 2017 wedding.  We have the venue, just sending in our deposit next week. And I have a meeting with our preferred photographer in May. Otherwise, I think I'll wait til the fall for dress shopping (it's killing my mom but I've got time!) Are you all doing save the dates since you've already started planning?
  • I'm in school too! When do you graduate?
  • im not sure if you were referring to me being in school, but I just graduated nursing school in December 2015 and I will graduate in December 2016 with my bachelors in nursing
  • Hello! June isn't too far from now! The months definitely flew by! I am trying to plan a little early too. We have our date set for June 17,2017. I have my venue booked, dressed picked out(Not purchased yet). I have most of my centerpiece vases and flower girl and ring pillow only because everything was half off. Save the dates are almost finished being addressed. I am in school also so I am trying to juggle both. When are you ladies sending out save the dates if you are sending them??

• Did some cake tasting last night :smiley: I really loved the baker, she was very knowledgeable and gave great ideas!

• We got engaged in June 2015 and are getting married in three weeks on June 24th! It was a long time planning, but it was WELL worth it to not be stressing right now.  Everything is done and ready for go-time! I'm so excited!