September 2017 Weddings
Options

Save the date timing

How early are you all sending your save the dates when you already know the date of your wedding? And do you wait until your wedding website is pretty much finished or do you send them out while it's still a work in progress? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Re: Save the date timing

• Options
    I'm wondering about the same thing. I'm getting married in Paris and I want to give people enough time to book flights and what not but I haven't finalised everything so I can't send them out - how late is too late? 

About yours I think you send them as soon as you know. I expect that. Have just a splash page (a website that is only one page) with just the date and a 'more info to come, check back soon'. Then you could take the time you need for all the other things on the website. I think that you send them out earlier than later so that everyone can plan ahead and your less likely to have people be double booked.
  • Options
    Has anyone here tried this wedding planning course? If so, what are your thoughts? I saw their ad on Facebook and I'm considering taking it. 
    http://bit.ly/getitorganized

Getting married 09/23/17. 

P.S. What are you girls using for your planning your big day? 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I created a binder from free print outs on Pinterest and the WedHappy app
  • Options
    I am sending mine 6 months before the wedding
  • Options
    Instead of sending the normal christmas card, we added an insert about the wedding with a link to the website :) Our families are pretty relaxed about the "formalities" so we didn't have any issues. Getting married 9/22/2017! I feel it will be here before we know it.  

Using The Knot website and app, WeddingWire, and a homemade binder with tabs for different vendors to have as a reference to get a hold of people, hold receipts, contracts, etc.  Also good to have at the wedding for a point person (probably will be my mom) to make sure everyone's paid and knows who to give the $$ to, or any other issues. 
  • Options
    We got our website up and running before we sent out Save the Dates.  We sent ours out maybe 8 months before and including an enclosure card with information about our website, that way people didn't need to ask questions.  People will still of course ask questions LOL.