Wedding Etiquette Forum

I made the mistake of going to WW

2»

Re: I made the mistake of going to WW

• Sorry to derail your thread, @redoryx! Congratulations once again!
  • redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Sorry to derail your thread, @redoryx! Congratulations once again!

Haha I don't mind the derailing! It all just reminded me of why I'm glad I stumbled on TK years ago while helping someone plan their own wedding. 

And thank you! 
  • redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

WW is a strange beast. I just find them so rude over there. Like they're into guest experience, but are just so unkind to posters.

1.) It's more active so you get a lot more random opinions. also it moves CRAZY fast, they get mad if the OP doesn't come back in like, an hour.
    2.) They've really decided that only 1 type of wedding is ok, the big-ass party. The obsession with "no dry weddings" ever. Like yeah, if you're having an evening wedding with a band/DJ and you're expecting a rager but don't serve alcohol, I think you'll be disapointed. But if you're having a mormon wedding with a convservative crowd in the middle of the day, I don't think anyone's going to care. Also if you and your FI are "morally opposed to alcohol", how much of their guest list is coming in expecting an upscale party affair. 
    3.) I can't believe how some of the vendors post on that board. If I had hired an officiant, and then found out she went on a public forum to tell strange brides that their wedding is going to suck, even if those brides had shitty plans, then I'd find another officiant. How unprofessional!

The WW attitude towards dry weddings is so ridiculous. I mean, sure, would I like alcohol at a wedding? Of course. Will it ruin my experience? No, of course not. As long as there's stuff besides just water I'll survive. 

Just today I saw someone comment "If you can't afford alcohol you should just have a cake and punch reception." WTF. 
  • Congratulations and best wishes!
  • I'm on WW constantly and on no thread did any of the pps recommend cash bars, dollar dances, etc. If you've actually read through the threads, you'd know that. Just saying.

• I'm on WW constantly and on no thread did any of the pps recommend cash bars, dollar dances, etc. If you've actually read through the threads, you'd know that. Just saying.

I am confused. I reread this thread and no where did anyone say that WW recommends these things.

if you are replying to a specific poster, use the quote button. It helps us know what you are referring too.

Uh, yes, people do. All the time. WW is full of the "it's YOUR DAY!" bullshit and while I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of people who ARE against those things recommended, there is still a very, very large and vocal section of the WW-ers who have a horrible sense of etiquette. 

WW is also against things that are perfectly etiquette appropriate. They hate dry weddings, for instance. HATE THEM. There is nothing wrong with dry weddings from an etiquette standpoint but you wouldn't know that if you go to WW where you are told if you can't afford alcohol you MUST have an afternoon cake and punch reception. And don't even get me started on the sense of entitlement that comes with gifts. 

Here at TK, we are all pretty much in agreement about what is and what is not good etiquette. We have a united front. We also won't validate shitty ideas, unlike WW where you can be guaranteed to find several people tell you that what you are doing is perfectly okay.
  • WBee is kind of a mixed bag. Some people are sensible and some are terrible. I have been to all the well known wedding forums, and TK is at the very least, the most consistent in terms of advice.

Also congratulations!!