Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Paranoid about lip color transferring onto groom? I found a pretty good solution...

I'm doing my own makeup for our wedding.  I got all done practicing for the second time and realized that my lipstick is going to come off all over my groom!  I had even intentionally chosen an Aveda lipstick because I have EXTREMELY sensitive lips.  I've never smoked, but my lips peel every day.  I have a solution for this to keep them soft and not cracking, but most lipsticks make me look like I have deep creases in my lips.  I know a lot of women who have the same problem.

I went on the hunt today for a lipstick that won't transfer - YEAH RIGHT, I thought.  My mom and MOH suggested some drug store long wear lipsticks, but lipsticks and stains have just never worked for me, hence why I use Aveda when I want a color.  I dropped by Ulta and one of the women working suggested I use a liner pencil to color in my entire lip.  This was genius!  It worked perfectly on my very difficult lips.  I blotted, set it with some powder, and I ate and drank (through a straw) with it and it wore great.  I even put my lips to my hand a few times to see if it would transfer, and there was just the slightest shadow of color.  It worked great.  The specific lip liner I chose was Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Bad Blood.  FYI, the only thing that kind of blows about this particular pencil is that you need a special sharpener for it - UD Grindhouse.  So if you don't want to deal with that, pick one that uses a universal sharpener.  Hopefully this works for someone!

Re: Paranoid about lip color transferring onto groom? I found a pretty good solution...

• That's good to know. I can never get lipstick to stay on. I'll also pass this on to FW.
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2017

mezykl said:

Just so you know, advertising your business is not allowed on here. You'll probably get a warning. It's fine to recommend products you like, but you should edit your post and remove the reference to your business.