Wedding Etiquette Forum

So....I strayed

This post is probably not what you think! I am newly engaged and relatively new (a week or two) to these forums. Since there wasn't a lot of activity here (boy, do I wish there was!), I went to another site that has forums. I don't know where to start. I'm shell-shocked. The first poster said her mother is having an affair with a married man and wants to take him to the wedding as her plus 1. FB does NOT want him there, for obvious reasons. A LOT of people gave her a horrible time and said she was judgmental and she would be rude not to invite him ,etc. I put my 2 cents worth in and went to one more post before deciding it wasn't for me. In that post, a woman is having a CH wedding tomorrow. She wants to do a "vow renewal" next year complete with showers, wedding gown, the works. Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, their resident Etiquette "advisor" told her to lie to people, to not tell them about the CH wedding, and have a big "do-over" wedding next year! When I posted, I was essentially attacked. Who do you think you are? Why do you get to decide? She can do whatever she wants, including lying to people, etc. Oh, did I mention we were in the ETIQUETTE forum? Ugh! I'm back!!! Anybody else ever feel like we are living in a crazy world where basically people are encouraged to do whatever they want as long as it feels good and it's what they want? Needed to vent. Thanks for listening!

Re: So....I strayed

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017

This post is probably not what you think! I am newly engaged and relatively new (a week or two) to these forums. Since there wasn't a lot of activity here (boy, do I wish there was!), I went to another site that has forums. I don't know where to start. I'm shell-shocked. The first poster said her mother is having an affair with a married man and wants to take him to the wedding as her plus 1. FB does NOT want him there, for obvious reasons. A LOT of people gave her a horrible time and said she was judgmental and she would be rude not to invite him ,etc. I put my 2 cents worth in and went to one more post before deciding it wasn't for me. In that post, a woman is having a CH wedding tomorrow. She wants to do a "vow renewal" next year complete with showers, wedding gown, the works. Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, their resident Etiquette "advisor" told her to lie to people, to not tell them about the CH wedding, and have a big "do-over" wedding next year! When I posted, I was essentially attacked. Who do you think you are? Why do you get to decide? She can do whatever she wants, including lying to people, etc. Oh, did I mention we were in the ETIQUETTE forum? Ugh! I'm back!!! Anybody else ever feel like we are living in a crazy world where basically people are encouraged to do whatever they want as long as it feels good and it's what they want? Needed to vent. Thanks for listening!

You need to get yourself a recognizable name and stick around here.

I wonder what they would have thought about my own mother, who was angry that she couldn't invite her ex-husbands to my wedding - without their current wives?  I should have let her do it.  At least one of those "ladies" would have crashed my wedding and killed her on the spot.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Ha ha! Good point on the name. Since I'm here to stay it makes sense. Now....to think of something witty and figure out how to do it from a technological standpoint!
  • (Gasp), how dare you cheat on us!  The horror of seeing people being so rude and living in such an alternate reality was your punishment, lol.

Seriously though, glad you've returned and I also wish the boards were busier.  Like @CMGragain recommended, change your username so we all start to recognize you.  I find the Wedding Woes forum is the most active one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker