Wedding Woes

Tuesday?

One of our main systems is down, so I'm finishing HoC and reading recaps about earlier in the season.  I should have went back to bed, since this has been going on for almost 2 hours.  Ah well. 

Our weekend plans are still up in the air.  

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Tuesday?

• Urg. Last night I had to remind M that we had to go home.

Plan was to stop off get passport photo {for me}, drill charger and pick up dinner.
    Ended up picking up my mum because her cable box died. Got dinner and did our other stuff. Stopped at M's parents cuz his stepdad was signing my photo {crown attorney and sFIL ;)!} We stayed awhile chatting, which is fine but we still had to go back to my mum's place to set up the box.

It's still dead, so she called the company and they're coming today to see if there's a deeper issue {dead cord, etc} Also we figured out that my mum had missed a whole bunch of episodes of Dr. Who, so we had to fix that and figure out where she was.

Didn't get home until like 9pm. I basically crashed.

Decided yesterday that since the upstairs is stupid warm, we're gonna price about central air. When there's a heatwave, it seems our place can only stay decent for a couple days. Our bedroom has a fan, making it nice but rest of the rooms aren't comfortable.

Tonight the plan is to discuss what we wanna do this year, and what we're gonna put off to next year. I think it's going to be outlets and painting at least the kitchen this year.
    Next year we're gonna start the backyard likely. The yard is functional this year, but the stones aren't even, so we're probably starting with that.
  • @charlotte989875  all the healing and interview vibes!!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Taking the kids to the Lego Batman movie- they do $1 movies at 10am over the summer.  Then I have a PTO executive meeting and tonight a Church executive meeting.  WHO IS THIS PERSON IN MY SKIN?
  • As soon as I hit post, the system came back up.  Of course.  ;) 

Also, I'm super cranky today (and was so yesterday)...PMS can suck it.  I want everyone to go away and leave me alone unless they're only going to say nice things and bring me candy.  
  • @6fsn  I've heard good things about Lego Batman so I'm sure kids will love it :)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    So dh's offer was decent, but apparent others are not. Because people now have to pay social security there are some that will take a pay cut. They need a supervisor present when handing out termination papers so he has to sit through every single he meeting. 
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    SO has been wanting to see Lego Batman forever. Lol. 

Im back at work again today. I have a feeling I know what my assignment is today, and it's not going to be pretty. Yesterday my day was super disjointed because I got called off, then back in. It was so many emotions. Haha. I wanted to be like "can't come back in! I'm already at the beach!" But I didn't think that would be a great way to start off a professional relationship. 

• 6fsn said:

So dh's offer was decent, but apparent others are not. Because people now have to pay social security there are some that will take a pay cut. They need a supervisor present when handing out termination papers so he has to sit through every single he meeting. 

Ugh.  That sucks.  
  • I went to do what was supposed to only be a personality assessment yesterday. I don't know what happened, but the lady I was meeting looked me up and down, pursed her lips like Miranda Priestly and decided to do an interview instead. After asking a few questions, she said, "We're looking for someone with experience in AP with a large company. We're growing all the time, we'll see if we can find you a position." That sounds good, but it was an obvious dismissal. I spoke to the recruiter afterwards because I was pissed about being blindsided with an interview. She said it wasn't supposed to be, this company has been extremely difficult to work with, she'd been thinking about cancelling their contract, and is now more likely to.

I'm on day #4 of a headache. It's a combination of lack of sleep and sinuses. I'll have to research safe decongestants while breastfeeding.

One of my best friends is having another bad week. Her husband finally filed divorce papers (she signed them in April) and she got fired (again) yesterday. She lied about when she graduated high school. Hopefully it was a good lesson for her. 

I got the rest of the pantry, the rest of the bathroom, and the hall storage packed last night. H packed a cabinet in the kitchen. We still have the dishes, cleaning supplies, and baking supplies in the kitchen to pack and then just the bedrooms. I'll probably knock out the bedrooms (or at least one of them) tonight.
  • @DrillSergeantCat  jeez! Sounds intimidating and damn that blind side! Look into tiger balm. It's menthol like vicks vapo rub but more medicinal ingredients. I find it works great for sinus.
    Another option is boil water, put spoonful of vicks in and just inhale. My mum had a summer cold while pregnant with me and that helped her.
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm allergic to tiger balm. It breaks me out. I have weird skin allergies. I really just need to get myself to the ENT for allergy testing. A couple years ago I was on 2 different nose sprays because my sinuses are so swollen all the time and the ENT thought I was going to need surgery. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Oh yeah the Batman movie was yesterday and tomorrow.

Now I've got the kids working on an outdoor memory game and I'm trying to find an easy photo gift I can give my mom Thursday.
  • I slept lousy last night. We had the AC on all night but I still felt overheated, so I didn't sleep well. This morning I woke up exhuasted, my face is extremely puffy, my joints hurt, and my eyes are blurry. I want to go home, but I can't because I have an interview with a potential new hire for my department. 

Basically I need a nap, a popsicle, and a hug in that order. 
  • @MissKittyDanger, for a/c, have you all thought about window units or in-room portable a/c's instead of a central unit?  Where I live, central a/c starts at $4K-$5K...and that's for a house less than 1200 sf that already has the proper ductwork.  And HVAC systems are finicky as hell.  I have a 2-year old unit in one of my rentals and had a minor problem with it a few months ago.  Still a $300 bill.  Which would have bought almost two brand new window units, lol.

In another unit, I spent over $1K on three different repairs on an 8-year-old unit over the course of only a year.  Then I needed a 4th repair, but this time it was major and not worth it.  I told that tenant I wasn't replacing the HVAC and would be putting in window units instead.  Thankfully, she was good with that.  Though I would have worked with her on a move-out, if it hadn't been acceptable.

In sum:  I hate HVAC.  I don't have it in my own house either.

@charlotte989875, good luck to both of you on those interviews!  And I'm sorry to hear you're still in pain from the dog bite.  I hope you feel better soon.

@DrillSergeantCat, inquiring minds want to know.  Why would your friend have lied about when she graduated from high school?  That seems like such an unimportant detail.  Sorry to hear there was a bad vibe at the "personality assessment".  Honestly though, sounds like a job you wouldn't want to touch with a 10-foot pole.  The placement agency already said this is a PITA client.  I doubt they treat their employees any better.

@OliveOilsMom, that adorable baby gif in your sig cracks me up every time!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy IDK why she lied about it. She said she graduated in 1995, but she didn't. She dropped out because she was pregnant and then got her GED in 2000. Had she just told them that from the get-go, she'd still be employed. 

That's basically what the recruiter and I said, too. She said they way they're doing this process, they're never going to find anyone.
  • @DrillSergeantCat  I've never actually heard of being allergic to tiger balm. That sucks! :(

@short+sassy  we debated on window or portable, but the whole upstairs is thick and stale air. I don't think our furnace has a fan to circulate the air. We're pricing and one of the places we're having come this week has a deal where you don't pay anything for 18 months {no interest either}
    Other place we're looking at is same company we have water tank with. So idk we'll see what prices are like.
    {plus portable a/c will sky rocket our hydro bill - so end of the day might be same price}
  • @MissKittyDanger I'm allergic to band-aids too. 
  • I'm in pre-pack fashion mode.   It sounds silly but I WFH and today my office attire is shorts, a t shirt and birks.  The wake and funeral will need me to go back into my A-game so I'm going through the racks to figure out what I should wear and then I need to iron.  Since DH and I moved in together 11 years ago, he's had the benefit of not ironing a thing and he knows I'll make sure he looks good.

Convinced DH that we should sleep in a hotel tomorrow.   The drive down and back is a good hour and 35 minutes with no traffic and heading towards NYC in the morning isn't without headaches.   My hope is that we can get some good sleep and increase the chances that the 2 yo won't have a melt down at the start of the funeral.   I already told DH that I'll play chase the toddler.  
  • @DrillSergeantCat  is it the latex in the bandaid? That's scary. Any food allergies or just general "stuff" ?

• @DrillSergeantCat  is it the latex in the bandaid? That's scary. Any food allergies or just general "stuff" ?

I don't actually know what it is. If it's labelled hypo-allergenic, it's fine. Otherwise, my skin blisters and peels off. 

• Thanks everyone! They already called me for an in person interview!

Now mre ice, napping, and NCIS.  I have a thing for Mark Harmon.  

The NCIS series is chock-full of hot, older men ;).  Though Scott Bakula is my favorite.

Yay, in-person interview!  That was quick to find out! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks everyone! They already called me for an in person interview!

Now mre ice, napping, and NCIS.  I have a thing for Mark Harmon.  

The NCIS series is chock-full of hot, older men ;).  Though Scott Bakula is my favorite.

Yay, in-person interview!  That was quick to find out! 

Super quick. I'm taking that as a good sign. 

I don't actually know what it is. If it's labelled hypo-allergenic, it's fine. Otherwise, my skin blisters and peels off. 

I'm no doctor, but best guess would be latex allergy for that. Friend of mine is allergic to latex and can't have bandaids
  • edited June 2017
    Sending virtual hugs to @sparklepants41, virtual chocolate to @mrsconn23, and healing and positive job vibes to @DrillSergeantCat and @charlotte989875!

Well, the Cavaliers lost last night, so I was bummed out to begin with. Then I got to work and everyone started to get on my nerves.

Also, my plans to rein in my snarkiness here and on FB failed. I bitched a few people out on the neighborhood association FB page for whining instead of actually doing something and making classist and racist remarks.

I'm supposed to go to an educational meeting on immigration law after work (it's literally around the corner from my office), but a part of me is tempted to go home, take Mutt to the dog park, and then curl up with a light-hearted book.

ETA: I just yelled at an Excel spreadsheet. I need help.
  • @kimmiinthemitten I love Roosevelt/Rosie!

@charlotte989875 sending you healing and job vibes!!

@OurWildKingdom it's perfectly acceptable to yell at Excel spreadsheets. Excel sucks.