Snarky Brides

No Flat Shoes? No Thanks!

Re: No Flat Shoes? No Thanks!

• Is this a joke? LOL! I'd be tempted to do all of these things!
  • It came from a legit wedding at one of those *other* wedding sites. 
  • This sounds like a stagette party dress code (not that it is appropriate).

• missfrodo said:

"Riding in on a seahorse."  Yeah, this 'dressed to kill' list would definitely have me killing someone: Whoever made the list.  For real, though, this has to be fake.  If this was a real wedding, it legit sounds like the Capitol of Panem, or whatever that place is called from Hunger Games, along with a dashing "under the sea" motif thrown in for good measure.

I don't know if it's appropriate to link to the actual wedding summary post, but I assure you, it's legit. And it looked as bad as this dress code made it sound. 
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

missfrodo said:

"Riding in on a seahorse."  Yeah, this 'dressed to kill' list would definitely have me killing someone: Whoever made the list.  For real, though, this has to be fake.  If this was a real wedding, it legit sounds like the Capitol of Panem, or whatever that place is called from Hunger Games, along with a dashing "under the sea" motif thrown in for good measure.

I don't know if it's appropriate to link to the actual wedding summary post, but I assure you, it's legit. And it looked as bad as this dress code made it sound. 

I hope it is. . . . I want to see this!!  Can we get a ruling please?
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    First of all, how did I never know about that website's existence?  Second of all, they should be so pissed. . . I looked at the pictures and saw lots of people in flat shoes, sneakers even!
  • edited June 2017
    Wahhhh I can't find it!!!!

ETA: Never mind. Right in front of my nose. 
  • Is it just me, or in the group shot of the wedding party, does it seem like only the bride and the woman to her right (in the black printed dress) look happy and everyone else looks pissed, bored, or irritated?
  • edited June 2017
    @sparklepants41  I can't either and I'm looking in the right spot :(

edit: nvm. found it. just didn't expect that one somehow
  • Guilty ... I love her makeup
  • Holy shit. The dress code was bad enough, but the dinner was potluck?

• I don't even know what some of these items are, lol.

And don't own any of the items I do recognize.  Except lingerie.  But no fur coat to go with it.  My hair is long.  I guess I could put it in a high ponytail.

Yep, that's about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2017

missfrodo said:

Ugh.  "Celestial Kitsch wedding."  Looks more like a crazy fashion show than a wedding, which goes well with the Marc Jacobs-inspired dress code.  TBH, the whole thing kind of offends me--like they're not taking the institution of marriage seriously.  You do you, I suppose.

ETA: Oh, and getting tattoos at a random venue seems totally safe and sterile.  I could be wrong, since I don't know a thing about tats, but I feel like you should be in a parlor where they can rub disinfectant on stuff.  Since it's basically an open wound once it's done, and you're running around a potluck dinner with f-ing glitter and sequins everywhere.

FW got her tattoo at a tattoo convention, and that was still safer than getting a tattoo at a hot mess like that one.
  • I always thought OBBs strived to be über-original. What's so original about ripping off a Marc Jacobs invite?
  • I have a lot of feelings about this. None of them are positive. 

Also....what the hell is all over that chick's butt? Dirt? 

• levioosa said:

I have a lot of feelings about this. None of them are positive. 

Also....what the hell is all over that chick's butt? Dirt? 

I think it's glitter. I feel like I heard that's a *thing* now, thanks to a bunch of Instagram "models" smearing glitter all over each other's rear ends.
  • Ok, I found the post. Their venue was "slightly decrepit". I CAN'T. 
  • edited June 2017
    Why can't I find the post?!

ETA: Never mind. Apparently I should have googled 'celestial kitsch'. Something I never thought I'd actually say. 

Also that hat kid in the sport shorts and tennis shoes looks absolutely uncomfortable. 
  • ...................what did I just see.

• missfrodo said:

Ugh.  "Celestial Kitsch wedding."  Looks more like a crazy fashion show than a wedding, which goes well with the Marc Jacobs-inspired dress code.  TBH, the whole thing kind of offends me--like they're not taking the institution of marriage seriously.  You do you, I suppose.

ETA: Oh, and getting tattoos at a random venue seems totally safe and sterile.  I could be wrong, since I don't know a thing about tats, but I feel like you should be in a parlor where they can rub disinfectant on stuff.  Since it's basically an open wound once it's done, and you're running around a potluck dinner with f-ing glitter and sequins everywhere.

I consider myself a tattooed person, I'd be more of a tattoo collector if my husband didn't feel meh about them and we weren't cutting back to save for ~family planning~ time. If I was super into the friend who was getting married, I hate to admit that in the moment I would consider getting a tattoo like that, depending on the design. But I would hope the rational part of me would override that, unless it was obvious that the artist wasn't just a kitchen scratcher. They said they had a temporary license to allow it, so at least there seems to be some oversight. And after you get a tattoo it's either wrapped in plastic wrap with medical tape or a bandage like tegaderm (my new HG healing item) which would protect it from the elements.

tl;dr Maybe it's terrible but it really depends.
  • The best part is I told my engaged coworker about this and she was like, "Oh that sounds like such a cool idea!  Maybe I should do something like that!"  No, weren't you listening?  It's a terrible idea!  You dress however the heck you want, but leave your guests out of it!