Wedding Etiquette Forum

RHONY Side Eye Celebration of Marriage Parties

Their comments echo many that a lot of us have on the subject:

Bethenny- "The party to celebrate the marriage that none of us were invited to."

Ramona- "You're having a party for people not invited to the wedding? Really? People who weren't entitled to really great food. . .the ambiance.  We're the discards."

Dorinda (she was a BM)- "I don't want to go to any more parties for Luann and Tom!"

Dorinda- "I love you, but now enough.  It's like those people who celebrate their birthdays for a month!"

Bethenny- "It's like fucking Ramadan!"

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: RHONY Side Eye Celebration of Marriage Parties

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I 100% thought of TK while I watched this episode!
  • I'm so glad we decided against having one! I've been to a few and enjoyed them, but it's important to know that not everyone feels the same way.
  • That consolation party looked lame as hell too. I think I saw one tiny tray with food?! And it appears it was held during a meal time (Bethenny said she had to leave and tuck Bryn in to bed). 

For someone who tried to write a book about etiquette, she really seems clueless about how tacky this all was. 

Also, Tom will keep cheating on her. Even the jokes he made about wearing a wedding ring now were just so gross. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017

That consolation party looked lame as hell too. I think I saw one tiny tray with food?! And it appears it was held during a meal time (Bethenny said she had to leave and tuck Bryn in to bed). 

For someone who tried to write a book about etiquette, she really seems clueless about how tacky this all was. 

Also, Tom will keep cheating on her. Even the jokes he made about wearing a wedding ring now were just so gross. 

I think Dorinda commented about the starkness of the "event" room in comparison to the lavish wedding reception.

In a car ride a day or two prior to the wedding, didn't he talk about getting a "hall pass" the night before the wedding?

• MobKaz said:

That consolation party looked lame as hell too. I think I saw one tiny tray with food?! And it appears it was held during a meal time (Bethenny said she had to leave and tuck Bryn in to bed). 

I think Dorinda commented about the starkness of the "event" room in comparison to the lavish wedding reception.

In a car ride a day or two prior to the wedding, didn't he talk about getting a "hall pass" the night before the wedding?

I just don't understand why Luann keeps turning a blind eye - or worse: defending him. Her friends/acquaintances keep giving her proof of his cheating and she's continuing this charade. 

Is she getting hard up for money? Is she going through with it only divorce him and take a chunk of his assets in the future? What is going on???

• MobKaz said:

I just don't understand why Luann keeps turning a blind eye - or worse: defending him. Her friends/acquaintances keep giving her proof of his cheating and she's continuing this charade. 

Is she getting hard up for money? Is she going through with it only divorce him and take a chunk of his assets in the future? What is going on???

The hall pass comment! What a slime. I also don't understand why she defends and puts up with being cheated on. Their circle in NY is small - they all know each other. So if people are seeing Tom out and cheating, it's really fucking happening. What's weird is that I remember reading an article that actually puts her as having more money than him. Maybe she just really wants to be married? I don't know. The whole thing is bizarre to me. He doesn't even SEEM that into her. 

• MobKaz said:

The hall pass comment! What a slime. I also don't understand why she defends and puts up with being cheated on. Their circle in NY is small - they all know each other. So if people are seeing Tom out and cheating, it's really fucking happening. What's weird is that I remember reading an article that actually puts her as having more money than him. Maybe she just really wants to be married? I don't know. The whole thing is bizarre to me. He doesn't even SEEM that into her. 

This is assuming that any of this drama is actually real.  I believe 99% of what is filmed on these "reality" TV shows is totally staged and scripted.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."