Snarky Brides

sarcasm

im in a local wedding buy and sell on fb and recently made a comment re STDS and RSVP dates when it comes to e-vites..... I made a personal reference about how a family member send STD evites with a RSVP date that was over a year away and that she got a lot of No's right away , her only response was 'well STDs, that would be very confusing". 

ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING. 
(Family members save the dates had an rsvp date of a month later)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: sarcasm

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    I am confused.  There is no such thing as a STD evite.  STDs are not invitations.  They do not require responses.
    I don't really understand this post.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • driddrid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Sorry. Cousin sent e-vites over a year away and RSVP date was at a year. So I considered them STDs as we call them here... aka Save the Dates.  Lady on buy and sell considered it a sexual joke instead of snark on Evites. Which is why I posted here
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2017
    Whoa!  Wedding invitations one year in advance?  And evites, too! :o  Sit back and wait for the drama to start.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MobKazMobKaz member

drid said:

im in a local wedding buy and sell on fb and recently made a comment re STDS and RSVP dates when it comes to e-vites..... I made a personal reference about how a family member send STD evites with a RSVP date that was over a year away and that she got a lot of No's right away , her only response was 'well STDs, that would be very confusing". 

ARE YOU F'IN KIDDING. 
    (Family members save the dates had an rsvp date of a month later)

I am older.  When I married, there was no such thing as Save The Dates.  Had I received an invitation, that for the first time included the acronym STD, I would be confused as well.  Truth be told, every time I see it, the non-wedding related translation often hits my brain first. 

Your cousin sounds confused as well.  STD's do not carry an RSVP with it.  STD's are informational only.
  • Yeah... it doesn't sound to me like she thought you were referencing sexually transmitted diseases. You used the term "STD e-vite", which is not a thing, and she rightfully said that would be a very confusing email to receive.

If I received a Save The Date that had an RSVP on it I'd be baffled, regardless of the timeframe.
    If I received a formal invitation with the RSVP date a year away I would also be baffled, but I would not respond no. I'd probably forget to respond altogether by the time the date rolled around, so the host would need to call me with a reminder.
    If I received a formal invitation for an event a year away with the RSVP date in a few weeks I would have to respond no.
  • I think that the RSVP deadline was a year before the wedding. How can you plan to say you'll be able to attend a party a year in advance? A lot can happen in a year.

• drid said:

Sorry. Cousin sent e-vites over a year away and RSVP date was at a year. So I considered them STDs as we call them here... aka Save the Dates.  Lady on buy and sell considered it a sexual joke instead of snark on Evites. Which is why I posted here

These were actual evite invitations to the wedding, sent one year early, according to the OP.  This is wrong in so many ways!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg