Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• @sparklepants41, let me know when it's 90% over :)
    @DrillSergeantCat, good luck to the hubs and to you of course!
    @kvruns, what is it with men and TP?  I can use anything, 1 ply included but my H gets so picky on the 'extra strong' stuff!
    @levioosa, I love when parents join a game of CAH...it's like....watch the atmosphere drop very quickly in the room.

• @sparklepants41, let me know when it's 90% over :)
    @DrillSergeantCat, good luck to the hubs and to you of course!
    @kvruns, what is it with men and TP?  I can use anything, 1 ply included but my H gets so picky on the 'extra strong' stuff!
    @levioosa, I love when parents join a game of CAH...it's like....watch the atmosphere drop very quickly in the room.

It's not just men. FW is extremely picky about TP.
  • I also am picky about TP. I honestly thought most people were. 
  • My grandma is very eco-conscious. I have no idea where she gets her TP from but it's basically useless. It's the worst single ply I've ever seen. There was a two month period recently where she must have messed up and bought the really nice multi-ply soft stuff, and it was the first time in almost 30 years I didn't dread using the restroom at her house. It was so out of character everyone commented on it. 

• nah, if it's 1 ply I'm probably using 2x as much, but it doesn't bother me.  I do like the extra strong, but if it's not on sale, it's not worth it to me.

• I literally do not understand the purpose of one-ply paper. Like, you just have to use more to prevent poke through. Give me my Charmin Ultra Soft and keep that one-ply crap away.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    our work provides us with 1 ply. We pay up the butt for rent and we get 1 ply TP and soap that's probably not soap.  It doesn't lather. 

edit:  up the butt.  See what I did there?

• our work provides us with 1 ply. We pay up the butt for rent and we get 1 ply TP and soap that's probably not soap.  It doesn't lather. 

edit:  up the butt.  See what I did there?

No no no. It's actually fancy "sulfate-free" soap. 

• I am mildly picky about TP.  Much more so than my H.  Cottonelle is, by far, my preference.

My work switched to one-ply for awhile because we were having MAJOR plumbing problems in the building.  Major.  Notes were put up on all the stalls about what can/can't be flushed.  There was even a "3rd floor call out" that the problems were primarily stemming from them, lol.

I laughed at the one-ply attempt.  Oh workplace...y'all know I and everyone else are just going to use twice as much.  Right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I grew up in a 1-ply house. How I made it out alive I'll never know.

H & I used to use Cottonelle, but now we like Scott Extra Soft. 
  • My mum is also picky about TP - but it's because she's allergic to some brands. I'm picky in the sense of ply amount. I don't want my TP to rip when wiping .... that drives me fucking crazy.

Also M seems to go thru more TP than me, so I always try to get bulk lmao!
    {we have inadvertently used separate bathrooms since moving lmao so I know how often we have to refill the TP amounts in 'his bathroom' lol}

All I can think is "did you have good soap in your bathroom" lol

Isn't that 1-ply?

I almost didn't move in with my now H because he bought Scott.  It felt like I was cleaning myself with college ruled paper.  Quilted Northern Strong and Soft here.

I almost didn't move in with my now H because he bought Scott.  It felt like I was cleaning myself with college ruled paper.  Quilted Northern Strong and Soft here.

Cashmere in our house because my body deserves nice things :)

• Cashmere in our house because my body deserves nice things :)

Is Cashmere a TP brand name?  I haven't heard of it.  Or are you joking you use expensive fabrics for TP?  That would be ballin', @MissKittyDanger, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Cashmere in our house because my body deserves nice things :)

Is Cashmere a TP brand name?  I haven't heard of it.  Or are you joking you use expensive fabrics for TP?  That would be ballin', @MissKittyDanger, lol.

Brand but I could be fancy ;)
    {sorry if it's huge}

Isn't that 1-ply?

Hmm. Well color me surprised. It is - but it's super soft and thick. 

All I can think is "did you have good soap in your bathroom" lol

Shockingly we did!
  • We had a lake house when I was little that was on holding tanks, so single ply and "if it's yellow..." was the law of the land there. Unpopular opinion, I actually don't mind it or use twice as much or whatever. Maybe it's the way I wad/fold it but I don't get poop on my hands or whatever...lol! 

I buy whatever Costco is selling. I'm not loyal to one brand. 
    *********************************************************************************