Wedding Woes
Options

Why is it only Wednesday?

13»

Re: Why is it only Wednesday?

• Options
    @short+sassy  do you secretly moonlight as an actress? 
  • Options

levioosa said:

@MissKittyDanger I honestly have no idea how many people are living there. It rotates. One of the guys deals hard drugs. He beats his girlfriend and they fight all the time. He does his drug deals in front of our house and yells all the time. It's awful. The wife and other girlfriend who live there are always high and drunk and stumbling around outside. And also doing drug deals. They literally make our neighborhood worse. I'm also pretty sure that the one guy is part of the local gang, and the people that threatened us a few months ago might have meant to be next door at their house instead of ours. 

Yikes! Scary stuff :( Any way to make a complaint to have them gtfo ?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Y'all tell me if I'm overreacting....we have a customer come in here with his teenaged son. They sit down in the chairs in front of my desk and he puts his hand on his son's knee or mid-thigh, squeezes, rubs his thumb around, and leaves it there for a long time. It makes me really uncomfortable. 

Y'all tell me if I'm overreacting....we have a customer come in here with his teenaged son. They sit down in the chairs in front of my desk and he puts his hand on his son's knee or mid-thigh, squeezes, rubs his thumb around, and leaves it there for a long time. It makes me really uncomfortable. 

I don't know why it's quoted twice but I think you're overreacting. A parent is showing a child affection. 
  • Options

Haha, I do not.  Not even when I lived in CA.  The closest I come is my mystery shopping, lol.

I was approached to potentially be in a reality show about this time last year.  It was through a real estate investing (REI) forum I participate in.  I got a PM one day that they were looking for someone with a little bit of rehab experience, but still in the early stages of their REI.  And were preferably looking for someone in NOLA or Chicago.  Up to that point in the e-mail, "Yes!  I'm perfect!"

And then the bad news.  I needed to already be under contract or have already closed on an investment property, that still needed major reno work.  Alas, that was not my situation, though I was on the hunt.  She said they'd start filming in 6-8 weeks (the end of last summer) and, if my circumstances changed in that time, to contact her.

They didn't disclose the name of the show, other than it was new, but the gist of it was they had an undisclosed "angel RE investor" with lots of experience who would put up some their own money, along with giving advice, in exchange for a cut of the profits.  And then it would be some episodes with the trials and tribulations of the reno.

I was already a little bummed I wasn't able to at least be considered for the opportunity, at least at that time.

Then, months later, I happened to catch a new show (Buyers Bootcamp) that was...oh so very, very similar to the premise they described.  And Scott McGillivray (Income Property)...one of my biggest crushes ever...was the host.  NOOOOOOO!!!!  NOOOOOO!!!  At that moment in time, I was the personification of the phrase "eat your heart out".

As an aside, neither of the two properties he looked at in the first episode looked like they were in either Chicago or NOLA.  Definitely not NOLA, at least not NOLA proper.  But I'd still bet dollars to doughnuts that was the show they were talking to me about. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Haha, I do not.  Not even when I lived in CA.  The closest I come is my mystery shopping, lol.

I was approached to potentially be in a reality show about this time last year.  It was through a real estate investing (REI) forum I participate in.  I got a PM one day that they were looking for someone with a little bit of rehab experience, but still in the early stages of their REI.  And were preferably looking for someone in NOLA or Chicago.  Up to that point in the e-mail, "Yes!  I'm perfect!"

And then the bad news.  I needed to already be under contract or have already closed on an investment property, that still needed major reno work.  Alas, that was not my situation, though I was on the hunt.  She said they'd start filming in 6-8 weeks (the end of last summer) and, if my circumstances changed in that time, to contact her.

They didn't disclose the name of the show, other than it was new, but the gist of it was they had an undisclosed "angel RE investor" with lots of experience who would put up some their own money, along with giving advice, in exchange for a cut of the profits.  And then it would be some episodes with the trials and tribulations of the reno.

I was already a little bummed I wasn't able to at least be considered for the opportunity, at least at that time.

Then, months later, I happened to catch a new show (Buyers Bootcamp) that was...oh so very, very similar to the premise they described.  And Scott McGillivray (Income Property)...one of my biggest crushes ever...was the host.  NOOOOOOO!!!!  NOOOOOO!!!  At that moment in time, I was the personification of the phrase "eat your heart out".

As an aside, neither of the two properties he looked at in the first episode looked like they were in either Chicago or NOLA.  Definitely not NOLA, at least not NOLA proper.  But I'd still bet dollars to doughnuts that was the show they were talking to me about. 

I think you should just email him and be like "hi, I do real estate income in NOLA and ilu .... it's cool. I won't steal you. But yo .... seriously though."
    Or something more legit lmao

So short version you've almost been on 3 reality tv shows :|
  • Options

I think you should just email him and be like "hi, I do real estate income in NOLA and ilu .... it's cool. I won't steal you. But yo .... seriously though."
    Or something more legit lmao

So short version you've almost been on 3 reality tv shows :|

You know...hmmm...you might have something there.  I wish I would have thought of that.  No harm in sending him an e-mail.  Thanking him for being an inspiration in my REI.  His "Income Property" show really was.  A few sentences about what I've achieved since starting on my REI journey.  Of course, I would never blatantly ask for anything in an intro e-mail.  I'm sure he gets obnoxious stuff like that all the time.  But if I'm lucky enough to strike up an occasional correspondence with him, that would be awesome.

Or he just responds back with "Thanks!  You should check out my real estate workshops (link to a website about them)."  Lol.

You are giving me too much credit, lol.  "Just" two.  The Jerry Springer I turned down and the (I think) Buyer's Bootcamp.

And I haven't given up on the last one.  No sireee Bob.  When I find myself under contract with a house I want to flip, I'll definitely be contacting that production assistant (I think that was her title) who reached out to me.  JIC.

I've never "flipped" a house, per se.  But I'm itching to try my hand at it and it is a goal of mine for later in the year.  I have done three "rehab and rents".  The first half, the "fix", is almost exactly like a "fix and flip".  But the end goal is to "hold and rent" for monthly cash flow, instead of sell for a (hopefully) quick profit.    

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

So as I mentioned, we saw "Wonder Woman" last night. OMG! So good! M loved it too, and he admitted he wasn't entirely looking forward to it because it just didn't seem like his type of movie.
    We both agreed that they did it justice, and so glad there is a strong, independent, female super hero for to look up to for anyone.

I think a lot of people are liking wonder woman when they didn't expect to.  I hear DC has less appeal (for movies anyway) than Marvel but people are walking out saying they did a good job of it.  For a DC flick anyway.  I dont know about the rivalry though.

I will have to re-watch this and stay awake for it this time!

I'm definitely more a Marvel than DC fan, but don't get me wrong. I loved Dark Knight and I actually really liked Suicide Squad {ignoring the fact DC sucked Jared Leto's dick for it .... ffs}

They definitely did WW justice though.

I am pissed at Marvel for their MILLION Spiderman movies. Like .... ffs

I've always been more Marvel than DC.  And Peter Parker was my spirit animal.
    but I've seen a bunch of tumblers that are:

I love Spider-man and the fact that he's back at Marvel, but
    I swear to god that if his new movie is an origin story, I'm shooting
    Uncle Ben myself

And make me nod and look for a fake gun. 

• Options

GBCK said:

So as I mentioned, we saw "Wonder Woman" last night. OMG! So good! M loved it too, and he admitted he wasn't entirely looking forward to it because it just didn't seem like his type of movie.
    We both agreed that they did it justice, and so glad there is a strong, independent, female super hero for to look up to for anyone.

I think a lot of people are liking wonder woman when they didn't expect to.  I hear DC has less appeal (for movies anyway) than Marvel but people are walking out saying they did a good job of it.  For a DC flick anyway.  I dont know about the rivalry though.

I will have to re-watch this and stay awake for it this time!

I'm definitely more a Marvel than DC fan, but don't get me wrong. I loved Dark Knight and I actually really liked Suicide Squad {ignoring the fact DC sucked Jared Leto's dick for it .... ffs}

They definitely did WW justice though.

I am pissed at Marvel for their MILLION Spiderman movies. Like .... ffs

I've always been more Marvel than DC.  And Peter Parker was my spirit animal.
    but I've seen a bunch of tumblers that are:

I love Spider-man and the fact that he's back at Marvel, but

I swear to god that if his new movie is an origin story, I'm shooting

Uncle Ben myself

And make me nod and look for a fake gun. 

YES!
    I mean I get why they have to do spidey for the huge movie coming but seriously ....