Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the Dates - multiple adults, same house?

We are getting ready to print our Save the Dates, and I came across a question....my aunt, grandmother, and three adult cousins all live in one house. Do I send them 5 save the dates?  Same with my FIs aunt/cousins - three adults all living in the same house.  I don't mind sending multiples, but wasn't sure what protocol was.  I assumed for invitations each would receive their own.

Re: Save the Dates - multiple adults, same house?

• They should all receive their own invitation but I don't see anything wrong with sending one STD per household. Just make sure you list everyone who is going to be invited either on the card or the envelope.
  • I'm on the fence. It's not an actual invitation (and yes, you will send individually for invites), it's just a reminder that's not even required.

Are they local? Could you just bring one over to the house next time you're over and stick it on the fridge?
    *********************************************************************************

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    When invitations are sent out, yes, every adult should be invited personally (i.e. by name and get their own invitation), but since a STD is not required and does not require a response, it is a notice, I think it would be overkill to send 5 to one house. I think one is fine, but I would be sure to address everyone that the STD pertains to.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

I'm on the fence. It's not an actual invitation (and yes, you will send individually for invites), it's just a reminder that's not even required.

Are they local? Could you just bring one over to the house next time you're over and stick it on the fridge?

My family is local, and we see them fairly frequently.  My FI's family lives across the country.  Maybe I'll drop off locally and just send one to everyone in the house for the out of towners.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

SP29 said:

When invitations are sent out, yes, every adult should be invited personally (i.e. by name and get their own invitation), but since a STD is not required and does not require a response, it is a notice, I think it would be overkill to send 5 to one house. I think one is fine, but I would be sure to address everyone that the STD pertains to.

Yes! Absolutely, every adult will be getting their own invitation.
  • We had a similar situation. I have a couple adult cousins (separate families) who lived at home, but were maybe planning on moving out. I sent them their own, so that if they did move they could take it with them (like our STD would be their moving priority, lol). I also had 3 adult cousins living with their parents who I knew weren't going anywhere, so I sent one to the whole family. FI also had 3 friends who were roommates, and we sent them each their own STD since they weren't really any kind of social unit and it seemed awkward to list them all on one envelope. In this case, I think you're totally fine to put everyone's names on one envelope, unless you know someone might get a little touchy about wanting their own or something.