Connecticut

Trying to find the dress

Hi Everyone,

I am Lucy, and I am trying to find the right dress. I found a few things on Pinterest and I just do not want a dress grabbing wrong. 

Re: Trying to find the dress

• Does anyone know where the best places to look and shop for a dress in CT?
  • You might want to post on your regional board to get more accurate responses.
  • My daughter had a good experience at David's Bridal in Manchester. 
    This board is a little slow, so I would recommend posting on the NY, MA, RI boards, also.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017
    Do remember that you are simply looking for a dress.  There are thousands of dresses out there, and you can't try them all!  You don't need to find THE perfect dress.  You need to find a dress that makes you feel beautiful, is appropriate for your style of wedding, and fits your budget. 

Looking at photos online can be very frustrating.  You really can't tell how a dress will look on you until you try it on in person.  Many brides get a fixed idea in their head that this photo is the perfect dress, but when they actually try it on - meh.  Many dresses that appear on sites like Pinterest may be several seasons old and no longer available.

Take your time shopping, and be sure to read the contract before you buy a dress.  Most wedding dresses are final sales. 

Have fun shopping!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Start looking at photos and figure out your budget.

I had great luck at White Dress By The Shore in Clinton.   It's a higher end location but I lucked out with a sample dress there at a fraction of the cost.
  • I got mine at Julie Allen Bridal in Newtown. Great price points for everyone and the consultants were excellent!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you guys! Sorry to reach back so late. I have not been on this site in a while. Thank you for the check list of dos and donts I really needed this break down @cowgirl8238. Tell me more about the one in Newtown. That is right down the street from me. Can I see your wedding dress? @Blackbird230

• I bought my dress at Lucille's in Orange.  They specialize in Maggie Sottero and Stella York!