Arizona-Phoenix

Im in need of a good affordable DJ!!

I am looking for a great DJ. We have a tight budget so im looking for some one affordable. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Thank you

Re: Im in need of a good affordable DJ!!

• edited December 2011
    It really will depend on what budget you're looking at exactly... and how long you need them.  For the ceremony and reception or just reception?

From all of the research that I did on DJs, they all are pretty much in the same range though around here.  At least the ones that are established, and have a good reputation and reviews.   It's something different if you're willing to go with  "hey, I have a friend that DJs and he'll do it for...."  type of a deal.  We weren't willing to do that at all.

We're using AZ Celebrity DJ for a few reasons.  I really liked how they do things with their meetings, their reviews are phenomenal, and I really liked Joe when we met with him for the first interview (his love of music across all genres honestly reminds me of me).  It didn't hurt any that they are our venues preferred vendor, so we got a bit of a discount. 

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Cyclone.  You can email him at djcyclone23@gmail.com for pricing.
  • LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Rankin Shaver with AZ Music Man. He's very professional and accommodating. We're paying $800 for 6 1/2 hours. I don't know if that's in your budget or not. 
    Photobucket
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure what affordable is to you.  We booked Teffanie from Face the Music Entertainment at $800 for our four hour reception.  It's more than I ever thought I'd spend on music (I'm sooooo not a dancer), but after talking it over, we realized that having a good DJ makes the difference between a party that people remember and one they don't. 

Teffanie also came in lower than a lot of the DJ's who are frequently recommended.  Ray the DJ was $200 more for the same timeframe, and his company is really popular.  Plus, Teffanie does some DOC type stuff and provides things like bubbles, glow sticks (if you want them; we don't) and A/V equipment for no additional cost.  She also does at least three consultations throughout the planning process and (I think) is willing to attend the RD.  We felt she added enough value to make the price tag a little easier to swallow.

• edited December 2011
    hi I am using Az celebrity as well. They are affordable and so nice.  They are fun and I know will make my wedding reception awesome!  I found them thru my venue, The windmill winery, but did interview three other djs and found juan at az celebrity to be the best fit.
  • Krysten602Krysten602 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My co workers husband is an awesome DJ (DJ Rabbit)  I believe he charges about 125/hr.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards