Wedding Woes

Friday

What's up for the weekend?

We're going to a visitation for SIL's dad today.  I probably pissed her off today.  SHe keeps sending/posting things like how to save yourself in a heart attack, onions not mayo causes food poisoning (all false or only partially true).  Today she posted about a law starting July 23 that you can't touch a phone while driving.  Except that law is for Washington.  Yes, Ohio has a law, but not that one.

Saturday probably farmer's market and a thing at the local metro park.  Sunday who knows.  Maybe pool?  It's closed to day for mechanical issues though.

Re: Friday

• I'm taking a break from the packing for a massage. Then packing up my office and saying goodbye. More packing then moving tomorrow! It's been a crazy week, I'm exhausted, and more craziness likely to follow.

• @charlotte989875 a massage sounds so nice right now!

I am at a class for work and I am way too tired for it to be 8 am. I'm already struggling to stay awake. My dad is helping SO out with an air conditioning installation today and then we might all go out to dinner. Tomorrow my bff comes into town. I have breakfast with another friend before I pick her up from the airport. Truthfully though I just want to sleep in. 

• This weekend? What do I have going on this weekend??? GARTH BROOKS!! I might be a little excited.

@6fsn I can't stand when people post BS like that.

I went into my bathroom at work today and was greeted with a large grass spider. I don't do well with spiders so I grabbed a can of Lysol (yes, I'm that crazy chick) and sprayed it. Satisfied that it was on its' way to a certain death, i check under the toilet seat...clear, unbutton my pants, pull them down partway, look over to the table in the corner, and see the biggest MFing grass spider I've every seen! It's body was legitimately the size of my thumb! I screamed so loud that a coworker heard me through the closed door and he had ear plugs in. A third coworker had to come kill it.
  • @charlotte989875 Good luck with the move!

Tonight we're doing a patio with some friends for dinner/drinks (Let's hope it doesn't rain). Tomorrow I have a hair appointment in the AM. It's been so long since I've had it done, I'm actually kind of nervous lol. Then we're heading off to FI's dads for the rest of the weekend. They live in a log cabin out in the country, so I'm excited to get away from the city for a bit. So relaxing out there!

I found a lump on my doggo last night :( I'm pretty sure its just a fat cyst, because its very squishy and not attached. I want to get it checked out but FI says I should just let it go. She's getting pretty old and I recently spent $1600 on a surgery for her. He doesn't want me spending any more money. But she's my little fur baby :(
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017
    @6fsn, yes I hate those.  False "facts" are all over the interwebs.
    @drillsergeantcat, have fun at Garth!  I heard it's amazing. Also, you = me on the whole spider thing.  I may have used fire, not lysol though.

SSDD for me. I was excited to get floor mats and a trunk cover for my new car at a REALLY good discount (vs going to the dealership).  I have to wait 100 years for it to arrive in the mail (I'm a prime member, anything over 2 days pretty much may as well be 100 years).

• Thank God its Friday, this has been a long week for me.

It was payday today and I was hoping for better news, but nope!  My final disability repayment to my job was almost as big as the last one.  So I only got an extra $80 compared to last pay.  I will now have to wait until the 30th before I get back to my regular paychecks.  The only good thing is that DD isn't in daycare yet otherwise we would have been screwed.

So no OC MD next weekend, eating out, or any other fun money.  I still know how fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things, but it just sucks.

We are still inundated with flies.  I think its worse than last year.  We have no idea where else to clean or where they are coming from.  H suggested getting the air vents cleaned, thankfully there was a clipper magazine coupon AND they were available today!  H didn't even want to call them since it was after 5.  I told him to call because if the owner does the cleanings during the day, he may only be able to call after 5.  He called us back 20 minutes later and had an open afternoon spot.  It also fits into H work schedule since he has half days on Fridays.  This is why we started a house fund, I got a sad paycheck but can still afford small emergency things like this for the house.

Sunday we are going to BIL/SILs house for Hs birthday dinner with his family.  Saturday will be yoga and church. 

• So no OC MD next weekend, eating out, or any other fun money.  I still know how fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things, but it just sucks.

we know the feeling!  Actually H and i mastered the art of going out for a meal for 2 for only $23.23 so $28.23 including tip.  The plates are so massive at this place, that we share a plate and I order a soup to balance it out.   It helps when we don't purchase alcohol. 

• So no OC MD next weekend, eating out, or any other fun money.  I still know how fortunate we are in the grand scheme of things, but it just sucks.

we know the feeling!  Actually H and i mastered the art of going out for a meal for 2 for only $23.23 so $28.23 including tip.  The plates are so massive at this place, that we share a plate and I order a soup to balance it out.   It helps when we don't purchase alcohol. 
    Back in my server days, I loved getting tables with heavy drinkers ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Best massage ever. I need more of these in my life. 
  • Also have a great time at garth @DrillSergeantCat. I hear he's fantastic live!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Speaking of pay. We have no idea what sort of take home Dh will have. They  still havent actually set up the fsa/hsa funds so it will change again. 
  • Hold up, hold up, hold up.

@DrillSergeantCat does this mean you're feeling  better?  Yay; have a blast!

@charlotte989875 into the apartment your sister found or moving out of your office?

Also, where's @heffalump been?

TGIF - tonight we're doing dinner with FIL and BIL for BIL's birthday.  Tomorrow, I'm working two events, going out to a whiskey festival and then working again Sunday.  Woohoo!

@charlotte989875 into the apartment your sister found or moving out of your office?

TGIF - tonight we're doing dinner with FIL and BIL for BIL's birthday.  Tomorrow, I'm working two events, going out to a whiskey festival and then working again Sunday.  Woohoo!
    Moving out to Buffalo tomorrow! I'm going to stay with my sister while we find a place to live. I start the new job Monday!

Marginally. I was going if they had to carry me in on a stretcher. The soreness has subsided some but the gland is still swollen (that sounded dirty tee hee).

Moving out to Buffalo tomorrow! I'm going to stay with my sister while we find a place to live. I start the new job Monday!
    Holy crap!  Safe moves!!

@DsC do it!  They have medics if needed and Garth is worth it!

Tonight, I discovered that the right amount of whiskey and photos of babies in footie pajamas softens my baby stance.  Not enough to forgo Puerto Rico on the fall though. 
  • This weekend? What do I have going on this weekend??? GARTH BROOKS!! I might be a little excited.

I went into my bathroom at work today and was greeted with a large grass spider. I don't do well with spiders so I grabbed a can of Lysol (yes, I'm that crazy chick) and sprayed it. Satisfied that it was on its' way to a certain death, i check under the toilet seat...clear, unbutton my pants, pull them down partway, look over to the table in the corner, and see the biggest MFing grass spider I've every seen! It's body was legitimately the size of my thumb! I screamed so loud that a coworker heard me through the closed door and he had ear plugs in. A third coworker had to come kill it.
    OMG. You are so much braver than I. I wouldn't have had the composure to grab the Lysol. And the coworker who killed that giant grass spider deserves some kind of medal. Spiders are one thing I really just can't deal with. And I feel like they all know this and plot against me. 

@charlotte989875 good luck with your move this weekend!!! 

Holy crap!  Safe moves!!

@DsC do it!  They have medics if needed and Garth is worth it!

Tonight, I discovered that the right amount of whiskey and photos of babies in footie pajamas softens my baby stance.  Not enough to forgo Puerto Rico on the fall though. 
    Thanks! Everything happened a lot quicker than we anticipated. 

OMG. You are so much braver than I. I wouldn't have had the composure to grab the Lysol. And the coworker who killed that giant grass spider deserves some kind of medal. Spiders are one thing I really just can't deal with. And I feel like they all know this and plot against me. 

So last night I was JUST falling asleep when I thought I felt something on my arm.  My eyes flung open and I saw something big move on it (there was light coming from the TV, I can't fall asleep without the TV on but that's another story in itself).  I jumped up, turned on the light and saw that it wasn't a big ass spider but a big ass cricket. I killed it. I went back to bed, and surprisingly fell asleep again.

I did tell my friend though and she said "those don't hurt you.  My grandmother always says they are good luck and if you kill one, its bad luck".

a) spiders don't hurt you either (unless we're talking black widow or brown recluse or the other kind I keep forgetting about...hobo?) but I'm still scared of ANYTHING that crawls on me, especially in my sleep.   Why is it socially acceptable to be afraid of spiders but not crickets? 
    b) why are you putting bad luck on me??!?!

So last night I was JUST falling asleep when I thought I felt something on my arm.  My eyes flung open and I saw something big move on it (there was light coming from the TV, I can't fall asleep without the TV on but that's another story in itself).  I jumped up, turned on the light and saw that it wasn't a big ass spider but a big ass cricket. I killed it. I went back to bed, and surprisingly fell asleep again.

I did tell my friend though and she said "those don't hurt you.  My grandmother always says they are good luck and if you kill one, its bad luck".

a) spiders don't hurt you either (unless we're talking black widow or brown recluse or the other kind I keep forgetting about...hobo?) but I'm still scared of ANYTHING that crawls on me, especially in my sleep.   Why is it socially acceptable to be afraid of spiders but not crickets? 
    b) why are you putting bad luck on me??!?!
    Yeah. Anything creepy crawly with an unnatural amount of legs is to be feared in my book.