Wedding Woes

Manic Monday!

Moved on Saturday, signed a lease for an apartment Sunday. Start new job today! 

Hope everyone one had a great weekend!

Re: Manic Monday!

• Best of luck, @charlotte989875!! 
    Congrats in moving and the apartment. 

I've been running around tending to guests since last Wednesday. I can't believe even more family is coming for at least a week before the wedding. Every bedroom of 10 has at least one person and the basements have been taken up too! By next Saturday I'll even be offering up my room. On the bright side, I don't have work or anything so related from now until I move! 
  • Very exciting changes @charlotte989875! Take care of yourself though...even positive changes can cause stress. <3

@NiceKindaSpice it sounds like things are starting to get really fun. You'll need a vacation when it's all over!
    *********************************************************************************

• @charlotte989875, glad your move went well!  That's great you already have an apartment ready to go.  Are you able to start moving in right away?  Good luck on your first day!

@NiceKindaSpice, That's wonderful so many guests are already in town.  Hectic! But wonderful.  I know you'll be busy, but hopefully that will give you a chance to catch up with people over a longer period of time.

This weekend was a really mellow one.  So I enjoyed that.

The Friday meeting between myself, my H, and the real estate investor really did not go how I'd hoped :(.  Originally, he and I had been talking about help with office work.  That was it.  Then, when he found out my H's experience (before our meeting), there was talk that my H might also help him with repairs and office work also...maybe running a reno/fix and flip.

However, once we all met, he told us he'd been doing some thinking and is only looking for help with repairs right now.  Possibly having my H run a reno/fix and flip in the future.  But he doesn't have any of those going on right now.

Helping with repairs will be a bit of extra money here and there.  But really doesn't add to our knowledge base.  My H overseeing a reno would be great!  But who knows when/if that will happen.

All in all, not horrible.  But also not what I was hoping for.  Oh well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 so exciting! Glad you found a place. Good luck on your first day at the new job :)

@short+sassy Sorry the meeting didn't go as planned :( you've been talking about this for a while! Hopefully something will happen in the near future for your H to oversee.

Weekend was great! Hair appointment, patio with friends, and then barbecue and fire at FFIL's. Went to visit my mom yesterday, her condo flooded while she was away on vacation so she's going through a hard time :( They have her living in a guest suite while they fix it which is literally a bed and a bathroom. No kitchen. Don't know how long she'll be in there. So FI and I took her for a nice dinner last night.

Hope everyone's weekend was great!
  • @DrillSergeantCat, Glad you had a good time at Garth!  That's amazing he offered to pay for someone's honeymoon.  Sorry to hear PG got so sick.  Do you all think she might be allergic to eggs?  If so, what a bummer.  Eggs are the best.

@lyndausvi, wow, gorgeous scenery!  What a neat restaurant.  Hanging out at a table, nothing around but beauty and mountains.  I'm glad you survived all your guests.  I hope your back heals quickly.  Such a drag.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy yeah...she's allergic to eggs. It's a very common allergy and up until about a year ago the recommendation was no eggs until 1. They say there's a good likelihood that she'll grow out of it.

@lyndausvi those pictures are stunning. I'd definitely ask for a muscle relaxer and see about getting a TENS machine.
  • @charlotte989875 Already a good week and it's just started ;)

@NiceKindaSpice whoo exciting! When is the official wedding date?

@DrillSergeantCat you're famous ;) And poor little one :( Hopefully she's not allergic to eggs

@lyndausvi  my boss pulled her back and was having a rough time also :( no fun!
  • @short+sassy yeah...she's allergic to eggs. It's a very common allergy and up until about a year ago the recommendation was no eggs until 1. They say there's a good likelihood that she'll grow out of it.

@lyndausvi those pictures are stunning. I'd definitely ask for a muscle relaxer and see about getting a TENS machine.
    I have the Aleeve one.   Seems to be working.  I try and move every so often so I don't stiff up.       Was able to get an appt with the PA at 1:30.      

My arm chair, internet self-diagonos it seems like only time will heal me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Weekend was pretty busy.

Friday - we were suppose to go fishing (I didn't want to tbh) and apparently I wouldn't wake up, so M waited a bit and saw the weather was changing pretty quick. He wasn't too upset.
    Got oil changed and apparently EVERYONE wanted to get their oil changed or something. Crazy long wait.
    M got his gun looked at and apparently it's not an uncommon thing, so gunsmith thinks he has an idea on what to do.
    Grabbed lunch, then hung out at home for a bit.
    Dinner with my mum, MIL, sFIL and sFIL's parents for M's bday. It was really good.

Saturday - beach day! One of my friend's brought her kids, and they had fun too. I got thrown into the water by one of our friends, and accidentally scratched him. Oops! Neither of us noticed until someone saw it. Felt bad and offered some polysporin, but he said he didn't need it.
    After the beach I started not feeling great, I've had off and on headache for past few days {before might have been air pressure, then Saturday maybe the sun}
    I didn't end up going to buddy's place for BBQ, but apparently everyone wasn't feeling great either so it ended early.

Sunday - M had bought a new scope and scope clips, but the clips didn't fit so we had to do an exchange. Then he got a new mouse. And we got ice cream. Idk why but I was soooo craving soft serve cone :)

Not feeling great today. Nausea. I feel like I'm stressed out or something. I may take some time to meditate tonight and relax a bit. I swear, I haven't felt great for the past couple days :(
  • Charlotte - Big weekend and week for you!  Good luck with the new job & apartment!

DSC - I saw on the news about the couple who got engaged and Garth's offer of the honeymoon.  Glad you had fun!  Hope PG outgrows her egg allergy!

Lynda - I love seeing your hike pictures!  They are amazing!  I hope your back feels better soon and I would go get those muscle relaxers if you can.  They will help tons.  Hope you can get back to the hikes soon.

S+S - I wish you had a better meeting!  Hopefully a reno comes up soon!

This weekend was good.  I hope to put the terrible, no good, very bad last week behind me!

Friday, I came home to a clean smelling house after the vents had been cleaned.  And we haven't seen any flies in the house since the vents were cleaned, so hopefully that puts an end to them!

Saturday was yoga, relaxing, and church.  After church, H was going to help me make meatballs, lasagna and meatloaf.  But when I went to grab the meatloaf mix (pork, beef & veal all grounded together) it was brown.  I looked at the date and it was for July 24th, that's when I also noticed the giant cut in the middle of the package. :( Thankfully I had a smaller package that I was able to use for the meatloaf, which was dinner.

Sunday I went over to BJs to return the meat.  Dear God it stunk!  But I got a new one and was on my way.  When I got home, H helped me make meatballs and I started the meat filling for the lasagna.  I winged it, so hopefully it tastes good!  Will find out for sure tonight!  Then we went over to BIL/SILs for Hs birthday dinner.  H & I went swimming in the pool while everyone else stayed inside with DD.  Dinner was delicious and we had Wegmans Ultimate Choc Cake for dessert!  Afterwards, we went back home and I finished assembling our lasagna.

Tonight is SSDD.

• @DrillSergeantCat, Glad you had a good time at Garth!  That's amazing he offered to pay for someone's honeymoon.  Sorry to hear PG got so sick.  Do you all think she might be allergic to eggs?  If so, what a bummer.  Eggs are the best.

@lyndausvi, wow, gorgeous scenery!  What a neat restaurant.  Hanging out at a table, nothing around but beauty and mountains.  I'm glad you survived all your guests.  I hope your back heals quickly.  Such a drag.

This restaurant is open most of the year (shut down in the fall and spring during slow season).   In the winter they do not plow the road so you either have to take a 2 mile horse sled, snow shoe, snowmobile or cross-country ski to the place.   It's about 10 miles from a main road.   The road itself only has some very large houses/ranches and some trails.   Otherwise there isn't anything else around.    

It's beautiful.  Food is good.  If you want to sit outside you should have a reservation.  We lucked out and someone cancelled last minute.   It didn't have an umbrella which made it "undesirable".   I had a hat, sunglass and sunblock. It was all good for us.

Glad you all like the pictures. I'm pretty impressed with the Samsung phone quality.   Although, mother nature gets most of the credit.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi I hope your back is better.   DH tweaked his back about two years ago bending over to plug in DD's tablet (seriously) and he needed muscle relaxers to be comfortable enough to move and sleep.   

Our weekend was decent.    MIL came over for lunch and brought flowers for me which was really sweet.   I swear 10 years ago I was on guard with my MIL but now we're really in a good spot and she's great to our kids.   We hung out with her until after Chiquito had his nap and then we stayed low for the afternoon, ate dinner at home and then headed downtown for the annual Celebrate The Town.   We walked through the street, grabbed ice cream and then parked ourselves on the grassy area behind the beach for the fireworks.   We were coated in melted ice cream and Chiquito needed me to hold my hands over his ears but he's been talking about seeing "firecrackers" since Saturday  night. 

Sunday we had church and in the afternoon DH had his own "grown up play date" with two buddies kayaking in the local river.   They were out for nearly 5 hours and paddled in the local river close to the bay that empties into the sound.  While he was out I worked a bit, watched some of  a movie with Chiquita and then when Chiquito was up we went out for ice cream and walked the boardwalk.    After we were done we went to the grocery store, made homemade pesto and had dinner ready as DH came home.  

Oh, and I think I have Disney fever.  
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @short+sassy that sucks to deal with but glad you kept up with the eviction stuff and didn't buy into any of his BS
  • @charlotte989875, wow, lots going on in a short period of time.  GL with everything.  
    @nicekindaspice, sound hectic but well worth it!
    @Drillsergeantcat, so sweet of GB.  Glad it was a blast. FX no allergies for PG!
    @Lyndausvi, for some reason both my work ie and firefox wont allow me to see pics.  Any of them.  Not just yours but I want to see yours!  i guess I'll try my phone.  Yours sound amazing though.
    @short+sassy, glad you got this resolved and quickly!

So this weekend I went to see 47 meters down.  The family next to me talked throughout it.   Like conversation and talking to the characters in the movie.  Fine.  I didn't say anything.  Then H and i saw "wish upon".  The people next to us were talking/whispering through it too, conversationally.  And the girl couldn't put her phone down either.  H shushed them and they were quite for like 2 minutes.  Then went on talking to the movie/characters.  I don't understand why you spend $23.30 for a movie just to talk through it.  If it's a first date, or one of the first ones.....go to a restaurant and talk!   My friend suggested drive ins to reduce that nonsense so we may try one soon.

H and I canceled Disney for August.  We're going to FL for a week now in early Jan or Feb so we're going to incorporate 3 days of Orlando and take our time and not have just 2 days (1.5 really).  Plus we're going on a Tue, Wed, Thurs so we're hoping for less long lines? (right?)

• @charlotte989875, wow, lots going on in a short period of time.  GL with everything.  
    @nicekindaspice, sound hectic but well worth it!
    @Drillsergeantcat, so sweet of GB.  Glad it was a blast. FX no allergies for PG!
    @Lyndausvi, for some reason both my work ie and firefox wont allow me to see pics.  Any of them.  Not just yours but I want to see yours!  i guess I'll try my phone.  Yours sound amazing though.
    @short+sassy, glad you got this resolved and quickly!

So this weekend I went to see 47 meters down.  The family next to me talked throughout it.   Like conversation and talking to the characters in the movie.  Fine.  I didn't say anything.  Then H and i saw "wish upon".  The people next to us were talking/whispering through it too, conversationally.  And the girl couldn't put her phone down either.  H shushed them and they were quite for like 2 minutes.  Then went on talking to the movie/characters.  I don't understand why you spend $23.30 for a movie just to talk through it.  If it's a first date, or one of the first ones.....go to a restaurant and talk!   My friend suggested drive ins to reduce that nonsense so we may try one soon.

H and I canceled Disney for August.  We're going to FL for a week now in early Jan or Feb so we're going to incorporate 3 days of Orlando and take our time and not have just 2 days (1.5 really).  Plus we're going on a Tue, Wed, Thurs so we're hoping for less long lines? (right?)
    @CharmedPam, if you go when schools start to go on vacation you may hit lines.   After listening to tons of You Tube videos on Disney I'll say that you'll probably see lines but if you book your fast passes, follow a tour plan, get to the park early and do what you can to pop into places that may not have the long wait times you're probably OK.   Get the My Disney Experience app on your phone and pay attention to the park hours and wait times for attractions.   Pop into an older but tried and true one (like Small World or Carousel of Progress) for one that won't have a long line.  

Our fast passes are already booked for next month and our dining reservations for table service are booked too.    Our other advantage is that we're staying on property so we aren't going to need to worry about the parking of a car and the time that involves.  FYI, I can't remember if you have to be on property or not but dining books 6 mo ahead.  

• banana468 said:
    @CharmedPam, if you go when schools start to go on vacation you may hit lines.   After listening to tons of You Tube videos on Disney I'll say that you'll probably see lines but if you book your fast passes, follow a tour plan, get to the park early and do what you can to pop into places that may not have the long wait times you're probably OK.   Get the My Disney Experience app on your phone and pay attention to the park hours and wait times for attractions.   Pop into an older but tried and true one (like Small World or Carousel of Progress) for one that won't have a long line.  

Our fast passes are already booked for next month and our dining reservations for table service are booked too.    Our other advantage is that we're staying on property so we aren't going to need to worry about the parking of a car and the time that involves.  FYI, I can't remember if you have to be on property or not but dining books 6 mo ahead.  

oooh, thanks for the helpful tips!  I'll def. download that app.  I think we're going to stay on property.  We have to wait to see scheduling for the conference we're going to in FL.  Did you mean if I went when kids were out of school I'd get the lines? That's why I'm hoping February....most kids are back in school.

• banana468 said:

oooh, thanks for the helpful tips!  I'll def. download that app.  I think we're going to stay on property.  We have to wait to see scheduling for the conference we're going to in FL.  Did you mean if I went when kids were out of school I'd get the lines? That's why I'm hoping February....most kids are back in school.
    S
    If you stay on Disney property then you can use Disney-provided transportation to get to and from your resort.   It may mean waiting for a bus but there are other options depending on where you stay (some have a ferry and the Polynesian and Contemporary use the Monorail).   

Some schools have vacations that can begin in mid to late February and then you start to head into spring break times for other colleges.   

The other thing to consider is race weekends in Disney World.   There is a race during the first weekend of January and an additional race around February 22nd.   You can look at their calendars and schedules of events to see what may be going on.   If there's something else scheduled be prepared for that to make the parks busier.    If you're in between the 2nd week of January and the 3rd week of February you're probably at a decently off peak time but from what I hear, the park won't be crowd-free.   It will be better than spring break or early summer though!

• kvrunskvruns member
    banana468 said:
     if you go when schools start to go on vacation you may hit lines.   After listening to tons of You Tube videos on Disney I'll say that you'll probably see lines but if you book your fast passes, follow a tour plan, get to the park early and do what you can to pop into places that may not have the long wait times you're probably OK.   Get the My Disney Experience app on your phone and pay attention to the park hours and wait times for attractions.   Pop into an older but tried and true one (like Small World or Carousel of Progress) for one that won't have a long line.  

This makes me dread going to Disney, because I miss the old days when you didn't have to book all of this stuff ahead of time, it seems like such an involved process now. I'm sure some of it is helpful, I do remember some fast passes in park the last time I went but it wasn't something you could do ahead of time. And we didn't do any fancy dining so again nothing to book ahead but still. 

disclaimer: I haven't been to Disney in around 16 years
  • very cool.  Or, as I was thinking in my head, some parents pull their kids out of school for travel too.  At least mine did in the 80's.  I don't think it affected me much except I did miss the day that we were taught how to tell time and to this DAY I still can't tell time (digital clocks were just coming in and I was like - eh, I'll just make sure I always have a digital clock near me)!  So I guess it did effect me....

• kvrunskvruns member
    very cool.  Or, as I was thinking in my head, some parents pull their kids out of school for travel too.  At least mine did in the 80's.  I don't think it affected me much except I did miss the day that we were taught how to tell time and to this DAY I still can't tell time (digital clocks were just coming in and I was like - eh, I'll just make sure I always have a digital clock near me)!  So I guess it did effect me....
    My first Disney trip as a kid was like that. My dad had a conference in Orlando and they took us out of school for like 2 days so we could go too (I think I was in 2nd or 3rd grade so that put my brothers in 3rd or 4th and 5th or 6th). The parks were empty and it was awesome. I've always said if I took a kid to Disney I'd probably take them out a day or two of school to make sure we got a good visit - especially now with how crowded it seems to be I think I'll stick with that (or go before he's in school at all)
  • @kvruns and @CharmedPam, some school districts won't excuse the absences for vacations.   It really depends on the district and the student if pulling kids out works. 

As far as the pre-booking goes, I can see the love/hate relationship with it.  
    -Fast passes can be booked 60 days plus 10 in advance if you're staying on property.   That gives you a fantastic guarantee of 3 attractions in each park that you can ride or attend without (or a minimal) wait.  Then when you use your fast passes, you can try to see if more are available.   My understanding is that more are available in places like Magic Kingdom as the day progresses.     

-Table service is a sit-down meal where you sit at a defined table and order from wait staff or go through the buffet.   Those are the types of restaurants where you want to book early.   For two out of our 3 days in the parks, I've booked table service lunches (one is character dining)  so we get a mid day break in air conditioning.    
    It can seem silly to book that far out however if you have the meal plan, you want to make sure you aren't stuck at places that aren't rated well.   If you don't have the meal plan and you're fine dining at quick service places then knock yourself out.   But the reality is that because the place gets crowded, it's a benefit to make a plan in advance.   Our first day in Animal Kingdom Chiquita and I get to eat with the "fab 5".    

If DH and I ever go back with our without the kids we'll do the same thing unless Disney changes.   It's good to have a relatively loose plan.  
  • Yay for new jobs and apartments! 

Those pictures are gorgeous @lyndausvi

BFF is in town and staying at my apartment. It's been a lot of baby for me. Reminds me that I really don't like kids all that much, even though I love her and my "nephew." 

My dad had an urgent cardiologist appointment this morning. Based on the tests they ordered for him, the fact that they canceled other appointments to see him and then want him to come back tomorrow AND next monday, and the meds they gave, I'm worried that he had a silent heart attack a few weeks ago and is now in heart failure. They won't say anything, of course, until all of the tests are in. But the second I saw the tests I internally cringed. Not a great start to the week. 

• This.
    Day.

Urg I've had so much to do yet not a lot .... this is why I have a love/hate for taking long weekends!
  • @southernbelle0915 I need a vacation already! LOL!
    @soontobemrs-2 I hope the fix up your mom's place soon! And that there wasn't too much damage! How high was the water?
    @DrillSergeantCat Glad you enjoyed Garth! How have you been feeling as of late? Sorry about the kiddo's egg allergy.
    @lyndausvi Beautiful pictures! Sorry about your back! Give your self enough of a break to heal and then slowly start exercising the muscle. That's what I've usually had to do all the times I injured/tore muscles/ligaments/tendons.
    @MissKittyDanger Feel better soon! And try to stay hydrated! I hope you find relief from whatever is stressing you soon!
    The official date is Friday August 4 (Not the most common day here, but Fridays are important in my religion and most countries that identify my religion as the country's have Friday and Saturday off instead of Saturday and Sunday).

@levioosa Positive vibes for dad! I hope it's nothing severe and that he is in good health soon!
  • Doctor gave me muscle relaxers.    Waiting for niece to get off in order to take one.    I'm guessing I'm going to be feeling loopy tonight.

Other than that I need to alternate between heat and ice.  Not sure how to pull that off at work tomorrow.  Ice I've got, it's the heat.    I need to stay active.  Get up and walk around at least once an hour.    

• @NiceKindaSpice  Thank you! It actually came from the unit above, so the water didn't pool. It ruined her ceiling and ran all down her walls ruining her drywall :(