Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How long should it take to get my wedding album?

Hello. I got married last September. We got our pictures back in about 2 months. I picked the 80 pictures for my album in November and sent them to the photographer. Now it's 8 months later and I still don't have my album (that I paid for last Sept). Do albums usually take this long? I follow up every couple months and she just says something along the lines of it's being worked on... please let me know if it's normal for the album to take this long. Thanks!

Re: How long should it take to get my wedding album?

• Hello. I got married last September. We got our pictures back in about 2 months. I picked the 80 pictures for my album in November and sent them to the photographer. Now it's 8 months later and I still don't have my album (that I paid for last Sept). Do albums usually take this long? I follow up every couple months and she just says something along the lines of it's being worked on... please let me know if it's normal for the album to take this long. Thanks!
    That does feel long, but what does your contract say? That would determine if this is taking too long or not. 
  • It seems long in my opinion. However, as PP said, check your contract. My sister's album took a year because she used a very high demand photographer. When you call her to check on it, ask her to specify how much longer it will be or for an estimated date. Saying "it's being worked on" doesn't really give you a time estimate for how much longer. If it is being delayed for some reason, it's terrible that she isn't keeping you posted. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017
    It does not and should not take close to a year.  Many couples have albums made for their parents as gifts.  It sounds to me as if you are being treated very unprofessionally.  No customer service response should be so vague.

I would call and insist that a deadline be given.  If you don't receive it within a week or two, that photographer clearly does not care about its customer service.  Ask for your money back.  You have your photos.  You can have an album made anywhere.

ETA:   I would guess if there were a clause in the contract, the photographer would have referenced it during one of the times OP contacted to determine an ETA.