New Jersey
Options

Daytime Wedding Reception

I am having a summer daytime reception at the Park Savoy (12-5pm) anyone have any tips to help people still get into the "party mode" during the day? We are having an after party, but I still want to make sure guests are having a great time during the reception. 

Thank you! 

Re: Daytime Wedding Reception

• Options
    I had a daytime wedding, and this was something I worried about before the wedding. I thought that people would be more subdued during the day. I was wrong. Our friends drank a ton of alcohol and the dance floor was packed all afternoon. Of course, this will really depend on the group. I have been to daytime weddings where people were more relaxed. 

I think if you've got drinks and good music, and you get out on the dance floor, you'll have a fun party atmosphere. 
  • Options
    Thanks @climbingwife! That makes me feel better and what I was thinking as well. My friends and family are the type that will have fun at anytime of the day, so I'm hoping the daytime wouldn't change anything. I've just never been to a daytime wedding so I don't have an idea of what it would be like.  How did it work for you getting ready in the morning? I'm a little nervous that I will be super rushed for time/pictures especially since I am having a large bridal party.

thanks so much! 
  • Options
    @Kirstenb7709 I was up and getting ready at 7am. Thankfully I'm an early riser, so this was not a big deal. My MOH wasn't too happy about it as she likes to sleep in..haha. But I chose not to have a bridal party (I wanted just a MOH), so the only people to get ready were me, my mom, my best friend and my MIL. 

Will all of your bridal party members be getting there hair and makeup done? If so, ask the person/people doing this how long each person will take. 

Are you doing a first look? We did, so I planned to be done at 10:30am. I was pretty close to being on time. We did our first look and then posed pictures with our family/wedding party before the ceremony.