Wedding Party

Mother of the Bride/Groom Wristlets

So opinions! Im trying to figure out the mothers wristlets for our wedding. Do we get the wristlets in our wedding colors, or do we match them to the mothers dresses?

Re: Mother of the Bride/Groom Wristlets

• So opinions! Im trying to figure out the mothers wristlets for our wedding. Do we get the wristlets in our wedding colors, or do we match them to the mothers dresses?
    I would probably get all corsages/boutonnieres in one color, personally.  We had sort of a "natural" color vibe going, so we got everyone white, which wouldn't clash no matter what anyone wore.  If your moms know what they're going to wear, I think it would be fine to run the color choice of wristlet by them before you order, but I certainly don't think you need to match the flowers to the dresses.  If for some reason the flowers do clash, they can take the wristlet off for pictures.  Otherwise, no one's even going to notice.  
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So opinions! Im trying to figure out the mothers wristlets for our wedding. Do we get the wristlets in our wedding colors, or do we match them to the mothers dresses?
    Do you know whether the women want flowers?  I have been both a MOB and MOG.  I could care less about flowers.  My son and DIL skipped them altogether for parents.  My daughter gave myself and her MIL a single flower with a ribbon.  We carried a pink rose, which was DD's wedding color, however, my dress was navy and MOG's dress was black.  The colors worked fine.

I would suggest you stick to the colors of your wedding.
  • It's like prom.  You ask the mother's what color they are wearing and order them flowers to compliment that color.  My mother and FMIL actualy specified what flowers they wanted.  I like wristlet corsages!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MobKaz said:
    Do you know whether the women want flowers?  I have been both a MOB and MOG.  I could care less about flowers.  My son and DIL skipped them altogether for parents.  My daughter gave myself and her MIL a single flower with a ribbon.  We carried a pink rose, which was DD's wedding color, however, my dress was navy and MOG's dress was black.  The colors worked fine.

I would suggest you stick to the colors of your wedding.

Yes. I knew my mom did not want a corsage, particularly because our wedding was in November. She didn't care about the honor, and knew she was going to be putting on and taking off coats. She thought the wrist corsages were a pain in any case, and a pinned corsage she was just going to have to worry about crushing.

If they do want one, just get a neutral like white or stick with your wedding colors. It'll be fine regardless.
  • We offered my mum and MIL to have the same flowers as the rest of my girls, just a smaller version {we couldn't get them to wrap, so they carried them} Which was also the same I carried, but slightly changed.
    They all carried just red carnations, I carried red carnations and one white stargazer lily.
  • My (amazing) florist is matching them to wedding colors/other flower colors. But Mom's are wearing neutral colored dresses as well so.

• My Mom and my MIL each wanted a wristlet. The band was a nude/beige colour and then the flowers were the same colours as the ones from my bouquet. Both liked them and surprisingly, they kept them! I did artificial so they would keep but never expected them to keep them.
  • I did not want a corsage. I got one anyway. The fabric of my dress was too delicate to properly support the beautiful orchid corsage my daughter gave me. She knew her FMIL wanted one and thought it would be rude to not give me one. Please check with the moms to see if they would like corsages and what type. Order corsages that complement their outfits, if they want them.

• We offered my mum and MIL to have the same flowers as the rest of my girls, just a smaller version {we couldn't get them to wrap, so they carried them} Which was also the same I carried, but slightly changed.
    They all carried just red carnations, I carried red carnations and one white stargazer lily.
    Note: I also asked them before just handing off a flower! 
  • My florist suggested a nosegay, and my mom liked the idea  (MIL is the type that goes along with anything).  We had ours in our wedding colors and it worked out nicely with their dresses (mom is below, MIL wore black)

• I asked my mom and FMIL if they wanted one. Both said yes and wanted a boutonniere style. My mom wears bracelets all the time and wanted to for the wedding without having flowers on her wrist as well. My FMIL said she was happy with either, so I did boutonniere style as well because it was easier then doing two separate designs. I kept it simple and the flowers in their boutonnieres are the same as the groomsmen just a few more to make them fuller.