Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Chester Bennington of Linkin Park committed suicide .... I'm in shock.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong. I live for mac & cheese, but I've accepted I'm basically a weirdo in my family. I lived on Kraft Dinner for awhile and my dad grew to HATE it ...

AHAHAHAHA Dirty :D And I totally imagine the sassy face!
    That's because she takes after her aunt ;), lol.
    Short and Sassy 2.0 lol ;)

Yeah, except she's fortunate enough to be on the way to "taller", lol.

She's currently 9 and is already as tall as I am (5'0").

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong. I live for mac & cheese, but I've accepted I'm basically a weirdo in my family. I lived on Kraft Dinner for awhile and my dad grew to HATE it ...

AHAHAHAHA Dirty :D And I totally imagine the sassy face!
    That's because she takes after her aunt ;), lol.
    Short and Sassy 2.0 lol ;)

Yeah, except she's fortunate enough to be on the way to "taller", lol.

She's currently 9 and is already as tall as I am (5'0").

Tall and Sassy lol
  • Options

@DrillSergeantCat, Happy birthday and I'm glad your job interview went well!

@OliveOilsMom, you were so sweet to cook some ribs!  I know you said yesterday he mentioned craving BBQ.  I have some UOs about mac 'n cheese, lol.  It's okay, once in awhile, but never a fave.  Also, if there is no meat in it, it is a side dish.  Not a meal (to me).  But I am sorry they rant out of it for you.  I hate craving something and then being disappointed.  Real conversation that has happened multiple times in my house:

(I just get home from work), H: "I have some mac 'n cheese on the stove!"

Me:  "Thanks, what else did you make?"

H:  "Nothing."

Me (with huge side-eye):  "That is not a meal."

@kimmiinthemitten, drat!  I'm sorry your counteroffer was disappointing!  And also not quite the leadership position you were thinking it was.  Do those things make it a "no" or are you still thinking about it?

@apollymi, meh, sorry engagement photo dress shopping was disappointing.  I hope the dress you got does look cute with a "cami fix".

Ugh, I had a horrible day yesterday.  Nothing major even happened.  But it was just one of those days where the littlest things irritated me and I felt like I only had a thin grasp on my sanity, lol.  Then I get home, and my H slashed his leg open on the corner of our shed.  Yikes!  He didn't see a doctor and bandaged it up himself, but he might end up needing stitches.  We have a crappy high deductible health plan...doctor visit with stitches would be 100% on us...so we're really crossing fingers it just heals by itself.

I'm feeling better and more perked today.  This was pretty funny.  One of the engineers brought a huge stack of Material Requisitions into my office at the end of the day yesterday, for me to review.  Usually, the MOST I'll get at one time from one engineer is 4.  There were 12+.  I was already dreading spending half my day today reviewing them.

I slowly pick up the first one this morning, lol.  Hmmm...I've already reviewed it, signed it, and I don't see any changes made from when I did that.  I quickly scan through the rest and it is the same story.

I go back to the engineer and asked him about this.  Hoping I'm not an idiot who is missing something obvious, lol.  Nope (phew).  He just wasn't thinking and accidentally brought them back to me instead of taking them to Doc Control (the next step in the process).  We laughed and I went back to my office with bounce in my step.  Because my day just MAJORLY opened up and became way less stressful.  Yes!

I've got an UO on your UO.  I only like the blue boxed version.  Or easy mac.  Or annies.  Basically - boxed.  I don't really care for homemade with real cheese or anything from a restaurant. It's always so bland to me.  I love the powdered chemical.  GIVE ME THE POWDERED CHEMICAL.   

I do agree that it needs a meat though.  Even if it's boiled hot dog wieners.  oh, and that point - then it need ketchup. 

• Options
    Happy Birthday @DrillSergeantCat! Spend that gift card on yourself! Good luck with the job. Hopefully this is the one.

We love mac-n-cheese here but don't have it often. I make a three cheese one and add a little cayenne pepper for a zing. Sometimes I add ground beef to make it a cheeseburger mac. If we have it for the dinner, we always have green vegetables but not a meat (unless it's the above cheeseburger mac).

I had a massage this afternoon and oh my the knots!! So much better now. later I have my bookclub which is actually a pool party. This weekend is the Brickyard 400 in Indy. We have our usual race weekend company coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    Me too.  :(  So young.  And he had 6 kids.  Very sad. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I was talking to a friend who had heard/seen some interviews, and he was getting backlash on the new stuff - people told him to kill himself, etc etc and apparently he was really angry and bitter in general :(
  • Options
    I've got an UO on your UO.  I only like the blue boxed version.  Or easy mac.  Or annies.  Basically - boxed.  I don't really care for homemade with real cheese or anything from a restaurant. It's always so bland to me.  I love the powdered chemical.  GIVE ME THE POWDERED CHEMICAL.   

I do agree that it needs a meat though.  Even if it's boiled hot dog wieners.  oh, and that point - then it need ketchup. 

Back in my younger days, I was a server at a TGIF.  I remember a dad who made me laugh.  It was toward the end of their meal and I noticed his toddler hadn't eaten any of her mac 'n cheese.  I asked if there was something wrong with it, if she wanted something else, should I take it off the bill, etc.  He rolled his eyes (not at me), laughed and said something like, "No, don't worry about it.  It's fine.  If it's not Kraft, she won't eat it."

I've added sriracha* sauce the last few times I've had mac n' cheese.  Big improvement to the bland flavor, though it still doesn't make it "entrée worthy". 

*Totally googled how to spell this word correctly, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I was talking to a friend who had heard/seen some interviews, and he was getting backlash on the new stuff - people told him to kill himself, etc etc and apparently he was really angry and bitter in general :(
    Supposedly, he suffered pretty horrific child abuse and never really came to grips with it. 

Also, one of my co-workers posted that he lived in the same apt complex in AZ with Bennington before he made it big and they used to jam together.  :( 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten, I'm sorry that your husband's summer hasn't been much of a break.   I worked at a quasi day camp thing the first 3 weeks of summer and HATED it, but it was good money.   When does he go back?  Teachers go back Aug 7 for us and classes resume on Aug 14.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @short+sassy (and anyone else who asked):  we're going to meet again next week.  He's the owner, my BFF runs it and she and I are on the same page, she wants this new salesperson to report to me and be trained by me.  The company is at a precipice where it's starting to be profitable so he wants a wake and grind sales person to just book business, but doesn't realize what's lacking in the process - like sales order forms, quoting guidelines, the huge variable in overhead costs for off-site catering etc.  I can increase sales, but if it's a 2% profit after my commission, I'm only increasing invoicing and there's no structure to check or stop that.

But this will be a deal breaker for me.  I won't make a lateral move for less money.  

@holyguacamole79 He has a conference the first week of August in the UP, and then I believe he starts coaching the second week.  PD isn't until the last week and school starts the Tuesday after labor day.  Usually coaching is good because it gets him back on schedule but this year he never left LOL.  Fingers crossed and good vibes for a passing vote on his contract today! ETF - I'm tired and saw the wrong avatar.  How was your first year?  You're going back - that's huge!
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten - yeah, at times it's still a bit surreal to say that I'm a teacher (especially after working in the corporate world for 15 years).  I'm a bit nervous,  but I hear that's normal.  I just need to finish up my certification training.   I had lunch with a fellow teacher (and,  ironically,  fellow Knottie) today (@monkeysip), so thatkind of got me "in the spirit".
  • Options
    @holyguacamole79, how is @monkeysip? Haven't seen her around in a while.
  • Options
    @holyguacamole79, how is @monkeysip? Haven't seen her around in a while.
    She's good!  Her 2nd daughter is due next month, so she's excited and ready to meet her!
  • Options
    @holyguacamole79 tell her congratulations and I hope all goes well with the delivery.