Wedding 911

Wedding Dress Help!

Hello! I was looking for some advice...

I bought my wedding dress in January and I have my first fitting in July. I fell in love with the dress, but getting concerned about not feeing comfortable with the neckline. It's a low V and something I don't normally wear...

Until I met the seamstress, does anyone have any ideas if I wanted to cover it up more? Or will this not work with this style/cost too much money? I wasn't sure if an illusion lace will somehow work?

This is my dress: https://www.theknot.com/fashion/lexi-enzoani-wedding-dress

Re: Wedding Dress Help!

• Beautiful dress! I don't know your personal style, but it doesn't seem too "showy" to me.

You're wanting to alter a super visible part of the dress, which I think is kind of risky unless you have a really awesome seamstress.

You could ask the seamstress to carry over the illusion style in the back to the front of the dress to create a sort of illusion neckline that matches the back. To match the exact hue of the material and the lace and beading, plus the work and skill to pull it off would be very expensive. 

As a cheaper, less complicated option, you could ask how short they could make the straps without throwing off the structure/cut of the dress. 

I don't know what time of year your wedding is, but you could get a wrap/shrug/jacket/cover up so you feel less exposed. 
    *********************************************************************************

• ^^ I agree with everything SouthernBelle said.

I just wanted to say, your dress is Beautiful!!
  • I don't see any problem with that neckline.  If it does bother you, your
    seamstress can find a solution.  One of my daughter's bridesmaids was
    breastfeeding, and her um, "profile" had changed since buying her
    dress.  The seamstress made a "v" shaped insert to make it more modest.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

• Thanks everyone! I guess it's just something I'm not use to but maybe once I get it fitted accordingly, I will feel more confident :)

• Wait until your fittings to decide!  Remember, a wedding dress by itself isn't your "normal" style either.  
  • Do not change it! There is no problem with the neckline, I promise. This dress is so beautiful I would not touch it at all.