Wedding Woes

Thursday

DefConn cried as we put him on the bus this morning.  I felt equal parts 'd'awww' and 'thanks for the guilt, jerk.'  ;)

I'm off again today.  YAY quiet house.  I need to get off my butt and get some stuff done.  I really want to fall back asleep though.  

Prudie day.  :D 

Re: Thursday

• Ugh I also wanted to fall back asleep this morning. So ready for the weekend. I'm really liking my new job but it's draining. Also learning the dynamics of a new place is exhausting. Only 2 more days right?
  • Count me in on wanting to go back to sleep again today!  It wasn't even my night with DD!

Yesterday was yoga and pulled pork nachos for dinner!  Dinner was so yummy!  Last night DD had prunes and she really liked them!  Hopefully she doesn't have any crazy digestive issues with them!  Good thing my niece is home with her and not me! ;) 

No idea what is up for tonight, but I can't wait for tomorrow.  I will finally be back to a normal paycheck!  It will look amazing in my bank account!  We will need to payback savings we had to use the last few weeks, but we will be able to have fun money again!

• Happy Thursday! Almost there :)

I'm going to a Jays game today with work, so it's really only a half day for me! So excited for some popcorn and peanuts lol.
  • NAPS ALL AROUND!!!

Not much last night. We've been watching "Stranger Things" so that's essentially allllll we've done at night lmfao!
    Tried to clip Angel's claws because he's so damn lazy, and you'd swear we put him in a torture chamber! We definitely need something stronger to clip them, mine aren't strong enough at all.

Even though I was expecting it, the test today said negative officially. I'm not going to lie, I'm really disappointed. It would have been convenient if I was since I'm seeing my bff next weekend. She lives 4hrs away, so it'd be ideal to tell her in person.
    Thank gawd for facetime at least ....

I'm not sure what's up tonight - likely more Stranger Things - but this weekend will be fun :) La Machine has started up. They showed Long Ma {dragon/horse} at city hall sleeping and Kumo {spider} on the basillica - that was neat. Idk how the hell they got her up there, but these people obviously know what they're doing lmfao
  • yeah, Thursday but shouldn't it be Friday already?

mmmm @OliveOilsMom, pulled pork nachos sound wonderful!

Last night H and I saw Despicable Me 3.  It was OK.  I haven't seen the first two but didn't feel in the dark or anything.  I like H liked it, he laughed a lot. 

Today I have a 2 hour psych e-val in part of prep for surgery (if I'm approved) and then I guess tonight i'll go home to make a homechef recipe.   When I ordered the food, it sounded appealing.  Now, it seems like a hassle to cook it.  I hate cooking.  I hate baking.  This is why we go out 90% of the time!  Other people's cooking is better than mine.

• Lots of studying today. And I have to stop by my apartment to let BFF's sister in. Bff told her sister that my apartment is always open for use since I'm never there, and that kind of annoyed me a little. It's true, but it's really inconvenient for me, and I have a bunch of things I need to be doing over driving across town to let people in and then to lock up later. I don't mind offering stuff like that, but I hate when people assume. 

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get things done during my time off. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I'm not ready, even if it is just an education day. 

• I'm so tired. PG has a cold and woke up 5 times last night. Mouse slept through the night, though. I need to get some sleep!

H bought me a bunch of Senegence stuff for my birthday. I got it Tuesday and so far I really like it. The LipSense really is amazing. 

Lots of filing to do at work today and a few more notes to make for my replacement should one be hired. 
  • Side note: we have the electrician coming in September because neither M nor I are able to take time off during August {he's on blackout time-off and my coworkers are both taking time off and we're a small office}

Hello basement being worked on!
    At least not being pregnant now, gives us an extra month to get things sorted in the house.
  • @DrillSergeantCat  poor PG :( Hopefully no one else gets sick! I know when people are run down they get sick
  • @levioosa, it's probably overkill if it is just a "once in awhile" thing, but you can buy locks that use a key code instead of a key.  You can even change the code, whenever you want, with your smart phone and not even be there.  My H and I have been thinking about switching over to that for our rentals, so we don't have to change the lock sets between tenants.  Just change the code instead!

@DrillSergeantCat, I hope PG gets better soon!  I meant to mention this yesterday, but you are such a great employee for writing up a huge manual on how to do your job!

It is coming to the end of my boss-cation, lol.  I wish he took more than one week of vacation per year.  He's a real "Type A", work-focused, glutton for punishment, lol.  But then, I guess that's how one works their way up to heading huge projects!

Speaking of work, there is a new employee in the client's Purchasing Dept.  She has sent me 17 Purchase Orders since late yesterday afternoon.  It's been a year since I've gotten that many in a MONTH, lol.  Much less in almost one day.  Girl, you need to ease me out of my life of work leisure more gradually, lol.  Totally kidding.  I'm ECSTATIC that work is picking up.

As some of you may remember, it was looking REALLY dicey for everyone on this project at the end of last year.  But I do need to mentally "switch gears" and start working more quickly.  I've gotten into the habit of dragging things out a bit, so I wasn't sitting and twiddling my thumbs for most of the day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I would totally do that, but I'm pretty sure my apartment management would have a big problem. They wouldn't let me change the locks on my own before when I came home one day to find my door wide open. They had to change it themselves. I would have turned my apartment into an AirBNB by now too, but that's not allowed either. 

• levioosa said:
    @short+sassy I would totally do that, but I'm pretty sure my apartment management would have a big problem. They wouldn't let me change the locks on my own before when I came home one day to find my door wide open. They had to change it themselves. I would have turned my apartment into an AirBNB by now too, but that's not allowed either. 

Oh wow!  I'm a little surprised.  Most LL's, myself included, allow tenants to change the locks as long as they are provided with a key.  Or, in this case, the code and the new code when changed.

Not allowing an AirBnB sublet is totally understandable! lol.  I would potentially allow it...under the right circumstances...but it would need to be discussed with me, at length, WAY ahead of time.  And I'd need a piece of the action ;).  Either increased rent if done on a semi-regular basis.  Or a cut of the revenue if a 1-2 time deal.

I actually did have a discussion like this with a potential tenant.  I have one duplex that is JUST outside of a decent "AirBnB" locale.  She was thinking about the 2-bedroom unit and was up front that she would live there the whole time, but wanted to rent out the other room on AirBnB.  I was game and laid out some terms for that.  But she decided a few days later it wasn't quite right for a vacation rental.  Yep.  That's why I didn't go in that direction to begin with!  She could have found vacationers during really heavy parts of the year, but not the majority of the time. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker