Chit Chat

Wayfair Customer Service Was Fantastic

ernursejernursej member
First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
edited July 2017 in Chit Chat

I just wanted to post how wonderful the customer service at Wayfair was. My first order from them was damaged when I received it. No problem for Wayfair. All I had to do was send in a few pictures and replacement item is being sent.

There is so much negativity about companies that I just had to share something good.

Edited as TK logged me off before I could finish composing my discussion.

Re: Wayfair Customer Service Was Fantastic

• Now I have the Wayfair jingle stuck in my head, lol.

But it is nice to hear about a company with excellent customer service, who does the right thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I third that Wayfair has fantastic customer service.  I ordered some vases and a few were delivered broken.  No problem - the rep wanted to know how soon I needed them and sent replacements right away.  The whole thing was so easy it almost felt wrong.  

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I've had really good experiences with Wayfair too. And Geico.  They're so polite!
  • Wayfair you got just what I neeeeed. Gonna be in my head all day now.

This makes me happy! I've been looking at a lot of furniture there to furnish our new house.
  • eileenrob said:
    I've had really good experiences with Wayfair too. And Geico.  They're so polite!
    Geico is awesome! I need to switch my car and renters insurance back.
  • eileenrob said:
    Geico is awesome! I need to switch my car and renters insurance back.

Geico is GREAT! About 6 months ago while I was parked on a city block someone hit my car and nearly totalled it (nobody was in the thing, just a parked hit and run) and Geico was SO kind and accomodating and got me all fixed up and upgraded my rental car at no extra cost
  • Shout out to Zulily also! If you buy something and it doesn't fit or there's something wrong with it, they refund your money and send a new one.
  • On car insurance, Progressive is fantastic.  I've had insurance with them for almost 15 years.  They make things really easy for their customers and, if a car is totaled, they pay high NADA retail value.  Almost everyone I've ever talked to there, both over the phone and in person, are friendly and sympathetic.

Nice to hear Geico is another good one.

Apparently cable companies need to take a few lessons from car insurers, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On car insurance, Progressive is fantastic.  I've had insurance with them for almost 15 years.  They make things really easy for their customers and, if a car is totaled, they pay high NADA retail value.  Almost everyone I've ever talked to there, both over the phone and in person, are friendly and sympathetic.

I get anxiety when it's time to call comcast.

We have Cox Communications.  I've heard bad things about Comcast also.  In many parts of the city, including where I live, it's a monopoly (other than satellite).  So there is no incentive to be anything but the "worst ever".  It's possible I'm being too harsh.  The utilities monopolies (energy, water, sewerage, trash pick-up) would be heavy competition for the title of "worst ever".  But I still think Cox just barely edges them out, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not from personal experience {yet} but a friend of mine orders from Wish app

She said the quality is decent - "don't have high expectations for the price you're paying" direct quote - and the shipping takes foreverrrrr BUT if the date comes and goes, email customer service and you get a refund right away. If you get the package, then it's a free gift. If not, you're not losing money.
  • Not sure how many of you in the U.S. have access to PNC banks, but their service rocks. I've been with them 14 years and have always had my questions answered and been treated like a valued customer. I might switch to USAA when FW and I get married, but it would take a lot to get me to change.

We have Cox Communications.  I've heard bad things about Comcast also.  In many parts of the city, including where I live, it's a monopoly (other than satellite).  So there is no incentive to be anything but the "worst ever".  It's possible I'm being too harsh.  The utilities monopolies (energy, water, sewerage, trash pick-up) would be heavy competition for the title of "worst ever".  But I still think Cox just barely edges them out, lol.
    Yes!!!  We had Time Warner, which just turned into Spectrum.  My internet died last week, and when I called they said Thursday (today) was the earliest they could get someone out--almost a whole week without service, despite the fact that I'd still be paying for it. Perfect.  
    I do have to say, the technician they sent was amazing.  He made sure everything worked, was very thorough, and very friendly.  It's not his fault his parent company sucks at allocating resources.  I still don't like Spectrum, but at least some of their workers are decent people!
  • missfrodo said:

On car insurance, Progressive is fantastic.  I've had insurance with them for almost 15 years.  They make things really easy for their customers and, if a car is totaled, they pay high NADA retail value.  Almost everyone I've ever talked to there, both over the phone and in person, are friendly and sympathetic.

Yes!!!  We had Time Warner, which just turned into Spectrum.  My internet died last week, and when I called they said Thursday (today) was the earliest they could get someone out--almost a whole week without service, despite the fact that I'd still be paying for it. Perfect.  
    I do have to say, the technician they sent was amazing.  He made sure everything worked, was very thorough, and very friendly.  It's not his fault his parent company sucks at allocating resources.  I still don't like Spectrum, but at least some of their workers are decent people!

In the NOLA area after Hurricane Katrina (August), Cox Communications actually put commercials out in Jan./Feb. bragging about how they didn't charge customers in the affected areas for service during the month of September.

Had to pick my mouth up off the floor.  Their service was totally down across the city until Nov./Dec.  And some areas were even longer than that.  Yeah, so magnanimous to not charge for service that people weren't getting anyway.  STFU already.

But back to saying nice things.  MOST companies during that time were super, super nice and gracious.  Most banks gave people a hiatus on their mortgage payments for a few months.  My 'ccs all did the same thing, though I did have to call and request it.  And they didn't stop the interest, lol, but that was okay. 

I had my cell service with Verizon at that time.  I called and asked if I could temporarily switch to a plan with more minutes for the next few months.  Because I'd been displaced by Katrina and was spending more time on my cell phone.  Immediately given a free extra 2500 minutes that would keep rolling over each month until they were gone.  No need to switch to a more expensive plan.

Payless Shoes gave a 30% discount off everything, including sale and clearance prices, for people from affected areas.  I think I had to show my ID as proof, but that's totally understandable.  Super awesome, because my H and I ran, thinking we would only be gone for a few days.  That turned into 3 months.  He initially only had one pair of shoes and I had one pair of shoes and one pair of flip flops, lol.  A girl's got have her shoes ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure how many of you in the U.S. have access to PNC banks, but their service rocks. I've been with them 14 years and have always had my questions answered and been treated like a valued customer. I might switch to USAA when FW and I get married, but it would take a lot to get me to change.
    So my H swears by USAA.  It's all he uses.  I don't find anything fantastic about it - but you can take money out at any ATM and get the fee's back, which may be worth it to me since finding a BOA ATM isn't always convenient.   Customer service has always been good with USAA, but it has with BOA too (not that I use customer service that much). 

• @CharmedPam I love USAA. Best prices on insurance!
    Same. We have them for home and auto insurance. They're amazing. 
  • Also with USAA, all our insurance is through them as well. Always outstanding service. H has Chase and I'm not sure why he even stays with them outside of habit. 
    Same. We have them for home and auto insurance. They're amazing. 

I've heard that can greatly vary, depending where a person lives.  I keep harassing my H to re-order his military paperwork so we can get quotes.  But I have a few online real estate friends in FL who say it isn't even available in some areas with USAA and, where it is, it isn't any cheaper.  NOLA has similarly stupid high property insurance rates, so I expect the same.  But would still like to find out because, you never know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker