Chit Chat

Is this a thing?

debbeaudebbeau member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
edited July 2017 in Chit Chat
i was eating in a House of Blues tonight. Two bachelorette partys  came in. The first one the  bride was wearing a white dress (nothing wrong with that) but the other 10 girls all had the same dress and shoes on. The other party all had on pink shirts with team Donna and shorts that said "bridesmaid" or "maid of honor"  across the butt. 

Re: Is this a thing?

• debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2017
    How can I edit this to change the title? Nevermind. I feel silly.
  • Unfortunately, I think it is a thing. I Haaaaate wearing a uniform. Even as a child I was embarrassed by having to wear a group shirt. There is always someone acting up and now I am associated with them, even though I probably don't know or like them. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I haven't attended a Bach party like this, but I have seen the "bridesmaid" shirts on social media.  I've never seen the BP in matching dresses, that's new to me.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017

To be fair, at least the matchy-matchy tee shirts aren't just b-parties.  I see groups ALL the time wearing the same shirt.  Family reunions, youth events, even some corporate events, etc.

I swear, I want to get shorts or sweatpants that say across the butt, "Stop Writing Here".  I'm sure that can be taken the wrong way, lol.  But I really dislike the "turning my a** into a billboard" trend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2017
    That is a lot of matching... would be embarrassed going into different bars dressed like that. I understand the shirts. But I would never make my bridesmaid dress all the same from head to toe. That is a little much. 
  • don't know what to say if i came across this situation.