Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday?!

2»

Re: Tuesday?!

• Options
    Yay for pup!

sending you good vibes @sparklepants41!

im at work today. Yesterday was rough. I probably was still recovering from Saturday night. We had SO's brother's FI's bachelorette party and it was a lot of fun for the most part. We went to a gay bar/drag show. The queens did such a great job. They had a guest queen who was hilarious. But there was a crazy girl who showed up to the party. She was best man's ex gf. Apparently they recently just broke up. Not really sure why she would come since it's not like her and bride were good friends, but she did and man. Hot mess. SO's sister (we'll call her A--it's the sister I like) and I looked at each other the second she walked in because it was pretty obvious she was on something. Then crazy pants immediately went over to the bride and started crying about the break up. Girl was a wreck. She asked SO's other sister (B) if she did coke, which is pretty hilarious considering B is the least likely out of all of us to do anything like that. B even looks super judgy and disapproving. Then crazy pants went to the bathroom and came back obviously just having done coke. The worst was when crazy pants ran onto the stage to adjust a queen's boobs. I was horrified. Straight women at gay bars for bachelorette parties can be kind of dicey to begin with and this chick was being the absolute worst. She was being so obnoxious. She was like a caricature of the straight girls that act inappropriately at gay bars. It was so bad. But other than that the party was fun. At the end of the night sister B got upset because we weren't paying attention to her and she left our house in a huff. Oops. Lol. 

Finals tomorrow. Other than that, just hoping work goes by fast. 

• Options
    Ugh that makes me cringe so hard. @levioosa
  • Options
    @Misskittydanger, Happy Anniversary! 
    @sparklepants41, baby vibes sent your way
    @Levioosa, looks like the best man dodged a bullet there!

SSDD for me.  We bought tickets to see dunkirk right after work.  But that's it.  pretty calm week for me.

• Options
     @holyguacamole79  glad you're feeling better and your aunt is a smart lady :)
  • Options
    My boss is trying to not hire a replacement for me. My wages negatively affect his annual bonus. I had to call HR today for another issue and asked if she knew that Friday was my last day. She didn't and apparently there's a form I needed to fill out to verify that I gave at least one week's notice or else I don't qualify for my vacation pay. Color me pissed that his trying to hide the fact I'm leaving almost cost me 44 hours of pay. 
  • Options
    My boss is trying to not hire a replacement for me. My wages negatively affect his annual bonus. I had to call HR today for another issue and asked if she knew that Friday was my last day. She didn't and apparently there's a form I needed to fill out to verify that I gave at least one week's notice or else I don't qualify for my vacation pay. Color me pissed that his trying to hide the fact I'm leaving almost cost me 44 hours of pay
    *jaw drop*
  • Options
    My boss is trying to not hire a replacement for me. My wages negatively affect his annual bonus. I had to call HR today for another issue and asked if she knew that Friday was my last day. She didn't and apparently there's a form I needed to fill out to verify that I gave at least one week's notice or else I don't qualify for my vacation pay. Color me pissed that his trying to hide the fact I'm leaving almost cost me 44 hours of pay. 

Sounds like a lot of "not your problem", lol.  Now he will flounder for awhile after you're gone.  See the light.  Try to find and then train someone when he is already in Completely Overwhelmed mode.  Much as businesses like to try and deny.  There is a reason "overhead" employees exist.

Do you think he was actually trying to hide it?  Or is just a flibberty-jibbit who forgot to tell HR?  Either way, I'm glad you saved your vacation payout!  44 hours is a lot of money.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Sounds like a lot of "not your problem", lol.  Now he will flounder for awhile after you're gone.  See the light.  Try to find and then train someone when he is already in Completely Overwhelmed mode.  Much as businesses like to try and deny.  There is a reason "overhead" employees exist.

Do you think he was actually trying to hide it?  Or is just a flibberty-jibbit who forgot to tell HR?  Either way, I'm glad you saved your vacation payout!  44 hours is a lot of money.

It's both, honestly. When I went on maternity leave with Mouse, he told the salesman that he didn't think he'd replace me.
  • Options
    Pissed doesn't even describe how I would be! Glad you called HR and asked. Good riddance to this job and hope the new one is all you hoped for!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger happy anniversary!!!!!
    happy baby day! :)
    I would happily share my anniversary with baby sparkles ;)
    Today also would have been my great grandmother's (my maternal grandma's mother) 116th birthday!! August 1 is a great day!! 
    Regardless it'd be a Leo baby ;)

Once she's born, let me know details so I can let you know all about her horoscope stats :)
    I will! Thank you!! That is so sweet!
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @MissKittyDanger!

Sending positive vibes for an easy delivery, @sparklepants41!

Hugs for you and K, @VarunaTT!

Glad you are feeling better, @holyguacamole79!

Yay for the new job, @DrillSergeantCat! Your soon-to-be-ex boss is an idiot. You're smart to get out of there!

Crazy day at work. Went home to feed Mutt and take him for a short walk. Going to help put together child ID kits -- back later.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yay for loopy drugs, @sparklepants41!  Hope baby comes soon!
  • Options
    Yay for loopy drugs, @sparklepants41!  Hope baby comes soon!
    Thank you! Me too! I just want to kiss her squishy little face and snuggle her!!!!! 
  • Options
    @levioosa holy shit. I just read your post. YIKES