Wedding Etiquette Forum

Combined bridal shower/wedding thank you cards

My husband and I were married July 22, 2017 in Michigan. We are living abroad in Singapore, so we were only able to return home the Monday before the wedding-everything was a complete scramble! My bridal shower & bachelorette parties were on the Thursday before the wedding. We had another wedding in Brazil for my husband's extended family & friends who were unable to join us in the U.S. I was unable to write thank you's for the shower prior to leaving for the second wedding.We just returned home and I'm starting in on the mountain of thank you's. Most people did not give separate gifts for the shower and wedding, but I'm not sure if it's okay to combine the two. Cutting back on postage and time from here would be very nice, but I want to be sure to adequately thank everyone for all that they put in to being there with us. Thank you in advance for your advice! 

Re: Combined bridal shower/wedding thank you cards

• In this case I would say probably it's fine that they were both combined, but yes make sure to thank everyone for each individual gift.

I also do think it's a little odd that you had a shower given the time frame. 
  • Yeah, I guess it's fine given the time frame and a combined TY is so much better than no TY, but it just seems, I don't know, a little odd to me. Given the events were so close it's unlikely you would have written the cards between the shower and the wedding. For lurkers doing the shower cards before leaving for the trip probably would have been best, but for the OP that clearly has passed. Be sure to thank your guests for each gift specifically if they did give separate shower and wedding gifts. 

Knottie1461291732 said:
    My husband and I were married July 22, 2017 in Michigan. We are living abroad in Singapore, so we were only able to return home the Monday before the wedding-everything was a complete scramble! My bridal shower & bachelorette parties were on the Thursday before the wedding. We had another wedding in Brazil for my husband's extended family & friends who were unable to join us in the U.S. I was unable to write thank you's for the shower prior to leaving for the second wedding.We just returned home and I'm starting in on the mountain of thank you's. Most people did not give separate gifts for the shower and wedding, but I'm not sure if it's okay to combine the two. Cutting back on postage and time from here would be very nice, but I want to be sure to adequately thank everyone for all that they put in to being there with us. Thank you in advance for your advice! 

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. That's what I did. One of my showers was the day before the wedding. There's no way those were getting done before we left. 
  • I think you can combine thank-you notes in this instance.