Moms and Maids

Nude Shoes for Someone of Color?

First time being a bridesmaid and really excited! My friend has asked all of us to wear nude shoes. Being Indian do you think this mean that I should by beige shoes or brown shoes? Not sure if this is an obvious thing which someone else already knows otherwise I'll just check with her what she wants.

Re: Nude Shoes for Someone of Color?

• First time being a bridesmaid and really excited! My friend has asked all of us to wear nude shoes. Being Indian do you think this mean that I should by beige shoes or brown shoes? Not sure if this is an obvious thing which someone else already knows otherwise I'll just check with her what she wants.
    I'd just ask her "do you mean nude for you or nude for me?" People here are really only going to be able to make guesses and she knows what she actually wants.

Hopefully you don't have to buy a whole new pair of shoes.
  • I'd just wear whatever you have already, and feign confusion (except you don't really have to feign it, you're confused now) on the day of the wedding if she somehow notices that they're different than what she was expecting.

Ask, though, if you feel compelled - you're right that there isn't an obvious answer as to which she means, and we can only guess.