Chit Chat

Couples shoot that could change course?

So i'm doing a couples shoot for a friend of mine as they would like some photos and i would like to practice with my new camera.

But he's bought an engagement ring and might propose during the shoot ( his words not my assumption).

Is there anything i could bring as a surprise just in case he does?

Little back story its going to be a fairy tale shoot with her as a princess running away with a solider ( hes a queens guard).

Re: Couples shoot that could change course?

• I agree with @climbingwife, bring champagne and a couple of glasses just in case. 
  • Did it happen? :) I'm curious
  • What ended up happening?
  • Some of our friends did this! They had gotten a new puppy and one of her friends was trying to get a photography business off the ground, so he hired her for a "new puppy shoot." I think he did give the photographer some kind of signal before he was about to propose, and the pictures were SO sweet! (Also, the photog didn't bring anything, but champagne would be a great idea)

How did your shoot go??
  • Some of our friends did this! They had gotten a new puppy and one of her friends was trying to get a photography business off the ground, so he hired her for a "new puppy shoot." I think he did give the photographer some kind of signal before he was about to propose, and the pictures were SO sweet! (Also, the photog didn't bring anything, but champagne would be a great idea)

How did your shoot go??
    awww the puppy thing would totally throw me off.  I'd think it really would be about just us and the puppy.  Couples shoot I may think something's up......

• nassyv12 said:
    Okay just a little update for you guys.

The shoot went really well and we got some amazing pictures of them at the beach, having a picnic in the woods, playing by the lake and dancing at a bandstand in town. 

Then we went to a lake a little way from us and took some pictures of them on a cute little bridge they have their and just before the sunset he asked if they could get some shots out on the jetty where his mum took him and his siblings to swim as kids. I was getting some pics of them with the sunset behind them when he asked if i wanted to get some shots from further back ( wink wink).

He then proposed with the ring that he'd been carrying around with him all day waiting for the best setting to propose in and i snapped a pic of the exact point she said yes.

Gorgeous ring. Silver with black diamond and ruby (He's in the Queens Guard and that's their colours - which are also her favourite colours). Sad thing is he goes back on duty this weekend.
    so sweet! Thanks for the update.  If you do get permission to post them I'd love to see a few.   oh wait. my browser blocked pictures.  Maybe I can log onto my laptop and see stuff!